Agasaria
Welcome back!

If you're new and registering today, don't forget to post an intro thread in our Hello, Sunshine category so we can all say hello! Thanks!
Agasaria
Welcome back!

If you're new and registering today, don't forget to post an intro thread in our Hello, Sunshine category so we can all say hello! Thanks!
Agasaria
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Agasaria

A writing site for newbies and veterans alike - we welcome open roleplaying with any genre and skill level welcome, as well as writers of short stories, creative pieces, poetry, workshops, and more!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Steel Curtain

Go down 
+4
The Doctor
Ionalien
GoldenHeartsShineForever
Iliana
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Iliana
Staff Member
Staff Member
Iliana

The Steel Curtain Empty
PostSubject: The Steel Curtain   The Steel Curtain I_icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 8:12 pm

CHAPTER ONE: It Bares It's Fangs

The Steel Curtain Eed8aa2adf0186fe10006c758f04189c_zps62f1b26d
The Manhattan Subway Station.

The street name for it was MESS for Manhattan Empty Subway Station, just because it was completely abandoned. The subway hadn't been running since 1956. The Metro Bus made it a lot easier for everyone to travel, simply due to the fact that it was less than what the MESS used to be: less clutter, less expensive. It was easier for cars and Metros to outshine the MESS straight out of business. Manhattan figured since the station was stable for so long and hadn't yet collapsed within itself, that it was well intact enough to be used more as a tourist attraction. If they demolished it, it only would have made room for a tiny Thrift Shop or something or other. So, now the MESS was just a place people can go to and say, "Ahhh, I've never rode on that."

To Marsha, it was a different thing entirely.

"You're not going to like this at all."

No, she didn't. She hated it and wished she never heard it each and every one of the 5 times she replayed his message. The sinking feeling in the pit of her stomach was hanging somewhere near bedrock while she looked cautiously at MESS. This place would never look the same again in her eyes. Before, it was just an abandoned mode of transportation. After her Uncle Kurt's message, it was a dangerous, necessary mode of transportation that only she could use and would most likely bring her to her impending doom. No, she didn't like it at all.

"Shit's a headache, I know. But, hey, there's a bright side. The Travelers are coming together to Travel to the other Verses and bring down Saint Jin wherever he is. You are the Traveler of this Verse. You need to take that ring on the ground and go to the door marked with a star that I showed you. Remember? From there, the ring will do the rest."

She didn't like how the ring he was talking about was lying on the ground in a small trickle of auburn liquid that looked too much like blood. Her attempt at naming any other red liquid that it could have possibly been was failing, because nothing but the word 'blood' came to her mind. The first prickle of fear was because of her Uncle Kurt's story...If the Verses only had one Traveler, and he was the Traveler of Second Earth before her, then did that mean he was...An ominous, blistering breeze rushed through her windbreaker, snapping the cocoa-haired girl out of her reverie. She slid her ice blue eyes from the ring to the engraved star directly under the sign that read Hattn Suwa Stan, most of the letters having eroded away over time.

"Now go to the door. You'll know what to do. If you didn't, The Steel Curtain wouldn't have chosen you."

Honored, she thought, grimacing as she picked up the blood covered ring. Marsha wiped the ring on her pants and stared at the red jewel in the middle for some time, mulling over the voice mail. She'd know what to do. He said she'd know what to do. Another gust of wind brought her head up to the star, some of its points longer than the other. She thought nothing of it while she slipped the ring on her index finger, staring directly ahead of her at nothing. Of course she didn't know what she was doing, but she knew she had to do it. Her Uncle Kurt was never one to lie to her or leave her hanging on anything. He raised her more than her work-ridden parents did. She trusted him...so much so that she was about to travel through time and space just because he said she had to.

"Good luck, kid. Halla needs you. All of you."

"Halla..." She didn't remember saying the word before she heard it echo in her own ears. That single word sounded so sweet in the night air, bringing a strange sense of contentiousness and tranquility. It brought her inner peace. It brought her a sense of security and bliss.

It also brought on a jumble of music notes, rumbling, and deteriorating of the MESS walls.

The Steel Curtain Time_vortex_stock__by_aerindarkwater-d34aa73_zps4e643051

Marsha's scream was caught in her throat when a rush of lights blared in front of her face, the musical notes growing higher and higher. Her senses were at it's peak, cyan blue eyes staring ahead of her regardless of the vortex of blinding light. MESS disappeared in the tunnel of light and Marsha still held her scream. A thousand and one questions flew through her mind: Was she about to die? Where was she going? Who's blood was that?

The only answer she got was a a caw of some animal that sounded to big to be a small bird and the wind being knocked out of her when she landed on something...squishy.

{WELCOME TO ELOX, THE FOREST VERSE OF THE KHA}

The Steel Curtain Blue_forest_by_gypcg-d4c2d3c
Back to top Go down
GoldenHeartsShineForever
GoldenHeartsShineForever

The Steel Curtain Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Steel Curtain   The Steel Curtain I_icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 12:07 am

Koth stumbled forward, grimacing at the soft ground as he regained his balance. He had run full tilt into the portal in the caves on Mirrodin, after staring at the strange symbol for far too long. Koth straightened up, adjusted the metal in his body, grateful that he had soaked up as much as he could before leaving his home. As he looked around at the trees, they looked very strange. They looked....hell, the only word he could come up with was soft. As he shifted his feet and relaxed his mind, he immediately noticed one crucial thing: no metal. Apparently this...verse? Was that the word? Koth glanced at the note Venser had written for him. Yes, verse was the word. Apparently this verse had no metal in it. Or at least this area, he thought optomistically. Koth glanced around, looking for other signs of life, and hopefully another who wears the same kind of ring he does.
Back to top Go down
Ionalien
Ionalien

The Steel Curtain Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Steel Curtain   The Steel Curtain I_icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 4:58 pm

Arterion was debating whether he was dead when he fell to a familiar feeling ground. When he opened his eyes he was more than a little disappointed. The surface of this verse felt very similar to the clouds of Aerith. It was a welcomed sensation, considering the "T-Gate" wasn't on the pillowy clouds which Arterion almost always kept on or above; but similarities ended at how the ground felt. When he looked downwards, he saw not clouds but some sort of...something, he didn't quite know how to describe it. A moment later as Arterion got up to his feet he saw a person who seemed to be covered in metal, and a girl who looked like what Milah had described as humans, the wingless inhabitants of one of the other verses. He assumed they were other travellers, not natives, and spoke up after a moment. "Greetings, fellow travelers."
Back to top Go down
The Doctor
The Doctor

The Steel Curtain Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Steel Curtain   The Steel Curtain I_icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 5:35 pm

Lars peeked his head out from behind a nearby tree, then withdrew in the hopes that he hadn't been spotted. After the crossing of the T-Gate, he was slightly on edge. He didn't have quite so much information or guidance as the other Travelers did. He had no idea that entering that rusty old door deep in the ruins of a forgotten city would send him through some sort of rift or wormhole and careening out into some sort of a swamp. All he had was some old diaries from his Verse's Acolyte, not the previous Traveler. He didn't know quite what to expect as there was no description of any of the other Verses or their inhabitants. As a substitute for preparedness, he chose caution. But at the same time, he couldn't hide from them completely. He knew they were all there for something important. That's what the diary said: 'The Steel Curtain chooses new Travelers when the time of their crisis arrives.' The people he saw had come out in the same spot as he did, so they must have come in a similar fashion. That had to mean they were Travelers, as well.

Straightening up, allowing himself to be revealed. He pretended he hadn't yet noticed anyone. He adjusted his jacket, then looked off quickly into the forest, then back towards the T-Gate and the other Travelers. "Oh, hello! I didn't notice any of you! How long have you been there? I got here just a few moments ago, presumably the same way you all did. There was this interesting little creature at my feet looking up at me when I regained myself. It was nothing like I had ever seen! It scampered off over here, so I followed, hoping for a closer look. It, uh...It seems to have gone now." He looked around his feet and spun around fully once before giving a very sad, yet totally genuine look before turning back to the other Travelers again. He smiled and started walking towards them, holding out a hand for a handshake to anyone who would take it hen he got close enough. "My name is Dr. Lars von Wer, but my friends just call me The Doc- OOF!" He tripped on something and tumbled over, summersaulting onto his back. Sitting up, he grinned and said "What a charming place! So wonderfully dangerous."
Back to top Go down
Ionalien
Ionalien

The Steel Curtain Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Steel Curtain   The Steel Curtain I_icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 6:10 pm

Arterion looked at the peculiar fellow as he walked toward them. The man seemed to have a rather happy demeanor, considering what he must have experienced traveling through the T-Gate. Arterion decided to try and be the same, rather than dwell on his homesickness. He put out a hand to help the man up after he tripped on some sort of root. When he saw his own hand and the ring on it, he remembered that Milah had said other travelers should have the same ring, with the ruby in the middle, and he took a quick look that confirmed this. He said, still holding out his hand to Lars, "My name is Arterion, Doc, was it? I just arrived as well, though I can't be entirely sure of when the others present took the..." He fished around for the right word, "jump, to this verse."
Back to top Go down
The Doctor
The Doctor

The Steel Curtain Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Steel Curtain   The Steel Curtain I_icon_minitimeSat May 25, 2013 9:49 pm

"Aha. Well, let's just stick with Lars for now." Lars said, smiling appreciatively as he took Arterion's hand. Once he was back on his feet, he looked around to get a good look at everyone. "I can't imagine it's been too long for anyone else. Unless they wandered off, I think I was the first one here and there was no one else here when I arrived." After spinning around on the spot, he turned back to Arterion and gratefully shook his hand. "It's very nice to meet you, by the way." He looked around at the others. "As I'm sure it will be very nice to meet all of you, once I get around to it." Realizing he was still shaking Arterion's hand, he quickly dropped it, saying "I'd offer you one of my favorite sweets, but I regrettably had to leave them in my...err...in my Verse."
Back to top Go down
Juku
Staff Member
Staff Member
Juku

The Steel Curtain Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Steel Curtain   The Steel Curtain I_icon_minitimeSat May 25, 2013 10:37 pm

Duke had landed on the ground. But it really felt like he was stepping on one of his kind. This felt strange to him..Unusual. He gestured at the ground, lifting his head up to look around at the new verse he came too. The color and life of this place simply astounded him. He could tell there was more life here than back in Loktopolis, least more squishlings of different species. Duke was excited though and figured the first thing he should do is look for other travelers. As he searched around, it was incomparable to home. There was more breathing verse here than Duke had ever taken in his life. What are these things? Trees..They're trees right? Think so. Erm..Perhaps it was time to focus on finding the rest of the group and get down to business.

Noticing the ground had a couple of what looked to be footprints in them. He followed them through the thicket of trees. After a bit of exploring he came upon beings. Definitely unsure if they're inhabitants or travelers. They were still shrouded by black. Duke continued on until he was close enough to tell that they definitely travelers..Thank god.

Let's see..These travelers were definitely all unique. Winged, Cyborg-like, and the species they call..Human. Duke approached them all and cleared his throat. "So. I guess you are the other travelers as well?" Shifting his black sunglasses lightly. "Good.. I hoped I wasn't going to have to wander around finding you all." It seemed like Duke was the tallest of the group at the moment..Having to look down to see them. He was able to catch the names of the winged being, Arterion, as well as a doctor who tripped upon offering a gesture named, Lars. Already this was a strange experience..But of course everyone and their unique traits would adapt to him over time. For now, it was best just to make a good impression and keep cool..Always cool. "Never lose your head" as Mama used to tell him as a child. Duke smiled a tiny bit, and nodded to everyone.

"I'm Duke. And these glasses are one of a kind."
Back to top Go down
Rokku Hizori
Head Diplomat
Head Diplomat
Rokku Hizori

The Steel Curtain Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Steel Curtain   The Steel Curtain I_icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 12:32 am

Well, the previous Traveler was dead, and I had taken his place. I had been wandering around for a time, though not far enough away to lose the sound of others should they arrive near the gate, though likely out of sight. I heard them talking and chattering, and got up to move toward the sounds. It was time to get started, it seemed. I wandered back toward the gate, and saw the gathering of odd creatures chatting beneath the Silent Ones, and knew they had to be travelers, even without seeing the rings on their fingers. I had already forged a bow and thirty arrows, along with a quiver, from one of the Silent of this world; though even for what they were, they were unnaturally quiet here. I shook the thought from my head, and approached the others.

"The Mother nurture you." I said to them, taking in the odd appearance of each of them. They were strangely foreign, yet some things remained. Arms, legs, heads...there was nothing too horrific about any of them, at least not what I was expecting. I caught the name of the slime creature, and nodded. "Light shine on you, Duke. I am called Sun-Lai, and the rest of you?"
Back to top Go down
GoldenHeartsShineForever
GoldenHeartsShineForever

The Steel Curtain Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Steel Curtain   The Steel Curtain I_icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 1:57 am

As Koth surveyed the area, taking in his surroundings, he heard the others chatting. So quick to be social, odd creatures in other verses, he thought. Koth took one last glance at the trees and the ground, judging how they would feel under his feet if they were to fight. He realised that his fighting style might have to be adjusted for this verse. Great red sun, am I going to have to invent new fighting styles for each verse? Koth rolled his shoulders and dug his feet into the ground, roughly planting them. Upon finding the ground to be too soft to properly plant on, he adjusted the metal in his body to be more streamlined than robust, and trying turning more lightly on the ground. Satisfied with his choices, he took a breath and calmed himself, getting used to the smells and sounds of the new world. Finally he turned and walked back toward where the group was gathering.

"I am Koth of the Hammer tribe, Hero of the Mountain, Whose Heart is Pure. I am the traveler of the verse of Mirrodin. If this group is willing, I say we set out to find Saint Jin, wherever he may be. I assume he would be in this verse, given that this is the one we were sent to. My acolyte and good friend Venser told me that Saint Jin is crafty, and can appear to be who he is not. My best idea is to find some measure of great conflict in these lands, as Saint Jin would so clearly create, and assess the players in that conflict. Perhaps we can uncover Sant Jin's identity and destroy him, nice and simple."
Back to top Go down
Ionalien
Ionalien

The Steel Curtain Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Steel Curtain   The Steel Curtain I_icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 2:59 am

Arterion smiled back at Lars, saying cheerfully, "Pleasure to meet you as well, Lars. I do love sweets, but yes, we must leave everything in one verse when going to another. At least thats what Milah told me." He turned, and as he did so a rather large traveller walked into view, introducing himself as Duke. He seemed to be comprised of purple mud, and was wearing apparently one of a kind shades.Right after Duke another traveller arrived, seemingly out of nowhere. This one seemed to be a local as well, judging from his mannerisms.

Arterion was about to introduce himself to the Sun-Lai and Duke when the metal one spoke up. Koth seemed rather set on rallying to attack as soon as possible, which Arterion didn't want to think about quite yet, and even if they wished to continue swiftly, simply rushing forth seemed like it wasn't the best idea. "I think we should all get to know each other first, if we are to work together effectively. Perhaps we should start with our traveller abilities? Milah, my acolyte, said that we all have unique abilities, if remember correctly." He said, hoping to simultaneously gather information, and begin to create a bit of a sense of camaraderie within the group.
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

The Steel Curtain Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Steel Curtain   The Steel Curtain I_icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 12:14 pm

A'lyrren eyed the gate in front of her warily, glancing down at the ring on her finger. It was, of course, gray as everything else tended to be on Aldgar. It didn't seem like anything special, really, but her mother had sworn up and down before she died that it was of utmost importance. Now she was being told to go through this gate, which didn't look very promising. It was a stone arch, with a carved star on top, but nothing around it. Just an arch in the middle of some ruins that she hadn't even known were here. She could even see perfectly on the other side - nothing but the swaying gray grasses. It was like some sort of boring joke. Walk through, have nothing happen, and her mother gets the last laugh. She sighed and rubbed her forehead, then shrugged and walked through.

Might as well humor the dead woman.

What she did not expect was the sensation of falling without her feet leaving the ground. Her stomach was suddenly in her throat, so to speak, but in the next step she had emerged on the other side. How unpleasant. She blinked and looked around, her expression calm even though on the inside she was extremely confused. This was not home, not even close. Why did everything look so.. strange?

She didn't have very much time to consider it, or the people in front of her, because she was suddenly knocked down on her belly as somebody else came through the gate. Thankfully they were fairly light, and easy to push off as A'lyrren got back up to her feet. It was a girl, she figured, but other than that she was lost. She must have been a Traveler. Perhaps her mother wasn't quite as insane as she had expected. So far, she wasn't sure if that was a good thing or not.
Back to top Go down
https://agasaria.rpg-board.net
GoldenHeartsShineForever
GoldenHeartsShineForever

The Steel Curtain Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Steel Curtain   The Steel Curtain I_icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 6:27 pm

Koth sighed, his impatience getting the better of him. He looked to the winged man, sizing him up. After a second he nodded.

"Not a bad idea, perhaps facing a situation we know next to nothing about headlong isn't the most wise course of action."

Koth looked around at the gathering group, noting that more were arriving rapidly.

"Exactly how many will be a part of this group? Does anyone know for sure?"
Back to top Go down
Iliana
Staff Member
Staff Member
Iliana

The Steel Curtain Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Steel Curtain   The Steel Curtain I_icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 5:18 pm

"Ow...ow...ouch..." The landing didn't hurt as much as the loud jumble of musical notes and blinding lights did. Marsha muttered her painful verses until she was sure she was safe enough to open her eyes. When she did, her heart nearly lodged in her throat and killed her. Directly ahead of her was standing next to purple...goo. For a moment, she didn't move. She remained frozen in her own little space time continuum while the creatures talked as if they hadn't seen each other since high school. Marsha was so tiny compared to them that she wouldn't have been surprised if one trampled her while walking. Still, fear kept her stationary and curiosity kept her alert.

"...Saint Jin's identity and destroy him, nice and simple." The name sent a tremor through her spine.

"Saint Jin?" At the second call of his name, all of them finally noticed that she was crouched on the ground, knees digging into the dirt of the area while her fragile hands lay on her lap. Attention being the last thing she wanted, Marsha's face drained from all color while she looked between each and every one of the creatures in front of her, flinching every so often at the tree man, goo guy, and metal man.

"Hi...I'm Marsha. You must be the other--"

"KHA! Kekla zumas! Lazy slackers!"The voice was crisp and chipped with violence that Marsha nearly slung herself at Arterion in fear. The voice came from no where and everywhere at the same time. It was loud, much louder than she and the other assumed-to-be Travelers around her. It amplified itself among the trees, curling through the branches and riding the waves of the wind, making it seem as if it were coming from all directions. Time froze in Marsha's internal world, her breathing too quick to be ignored while her blue eyes darted to the left...

...and directly at the cat man.

The Steel Curtain 640x480_13413_Cat_3d_fantasy_creature_cat_warrior_picture_image_digital_art

"KHA!"he roared again, this time, making Marsha fly off of her knees, her bottom hitting the ground hard. "Zumas! What are all doingg heree? Sitting around likee nothing to doo to be done! Like no workk?" That cat like creature walked--no, stalked forward, standing on two legs and dappled in a strange armor that spoke of a warrior. But he was still a cat. Fur sheen brown with small speckles lining his unnaturally broad shoulders and taut jaw line, the cat's ears twitched annoyingly while his golden eyes came alive when not one of the Travlers responded quickly. Marsha tried despreatly not to pay any mind to the blood dipped weapon he heald threatingly to the side of his massive body.

"Deaff? Deaff are you all? What work aree you besit poklun kha doing if all are nott with meatt?" Marsha gulped once, sending a prayer to whoever could hear her in her mind that she would not be eaten by a feline, hoping and praying that someone would speak up before they were all cat food.
Back to top Go down
Ionalien
Ionalien

The Steel Curtain Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Steel Curtain   The Steel Curtain I_icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 6:21 pm

Arterion looked back at the human girl, only to see her kneeling on the ground for some reason. He was about to ask why, but then she started introducing herself, when she was interrupted by a sharp feline voice. Arterion saw her almost leap towards him before he looked to the source of the voice that was yelling at them with snippets of some foreign language. The cat man, who had looks to match his fierce voice, yelled again, sending the girl backwards. As he walked forwards Arterion stepped quickly in between him and Marsha, even though the chances Arterion could beat the obvious warrior were rather slim. He decided however to leave the talking to someone else unless he had to speak, hoping someone else would better know what the cat was talking about.

Last edited by Ionalien on Tue May 28, 2013 2:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rokku Hizori
Head Diplomat
Head Diplomat
Rokku Hizori

The Steel Curtain Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Steel Curtain   The Steel Curtain I_icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 9:35 pm

I looked over to see the girl, newly arrived from whatever Verse she hailed from. I caught her name, Marsha, and then my attention was diverted to a harsh voice. I looked over and saw a hulking feline. This...creature was quite ferocious, and the snarled language was choppy and difficult to decipher. My hand quickly went to my quiver, and i eyed the beast warily. It appeared to be seeing us as its own kind, at least from what I remembered from what my acolyte had said to me. I was not sure how to respond to the feline, but I thought a diplomatic approach would work. Hopefully. "We are scoping the area, Great One. There is little 'meat' to be had here." I said, making something up that wasn't disagreeable. I was honestly not quite sure what this 'meat' substance was.
Back to top Go down
Juku
Staff Member
Staff Member
Juku

The Steel Curtain Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Steel Curtain   The Steel Curtain I_icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 10:56 pm

There were so many travelers. All of them more unique then the last. Duke didn't feel so out of place now, there was a being that resembled some of the trees here. But strangely..He wasn't motionless like the other trees. Duke wondered what verse he'd come from. Duke wouldn't have time to sit here and wonder about each of the travelers because a loud piercing roar.

His attention slowly turned towards the furry-like warrior approaching them. Great..Fur.. I hate fur...Gets stuck to me, and takes twice as long to get it off. It was a nightmare. This cat-like creature was rather fierce..Addressing us as slackers. We just got here though! Perhaps he thought we've been here a while.. The weapon he was holding looked like it recently shed blood not even three minutes ago..Best bet is to answer quickly. Even if he had no idea how to really answer it. "Well. I'm good at..hunting..Erm..Crafting..Anything that really needs to be done furball...I mean...Your greatness."

Woops.. That one slipped..Keep your grudge quiet Duke..
Back to top Go down
GoldenHeartsShineForever
GoldenHeartsShineForever

The Steel Curtain Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Steel Curtain   The Steel Curtain I_icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 1:40 am

Koth sighed, calming himself. He was becoming increasingly frustrated at the lack of progress, and also now at being yelled at like a subordinate. Koth decided that if he didn't have anything nice to say, he shouldn't say anything at all...and smashing the natives' heads in seemed amusing, but near-sighted. Koth decided to simply cross his arms and look down, lest he act too rashly.
Back to top Go down
The Doctor
The Doctor

The Steel Curtain Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Steel Curtain   The Steel Curtain I_icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 11:10 am

Lars weighed his options carefully. Saying the wrong thing could evoke an upsetting response from this...Cat-person. It was obviously a warrior and warriors have always tended to be the 'stab first and not bother with questions later' types. At least, they seemed that way from his history books. There were few warriors where he came from. Still, it was better to be cautious, he thought. More importantly, there was a young girl here now. She looked human and didn't look like a fighter by any means. Her safety immediately had top priority in his mind. While the cat-creature was focused on the others who were talking to it or just seemed to be rather large and intimidating, compared to two humans at least, Lars ducked down and carefully crept his way over to Marsha.

When he approached her, he pressed a finger to his lips to keep her from worrying out loud and alerting anyone to what he was doing. He got very close to her ear and whispered as quietly as he possibly could "I think it would be a good idea for you and I to get somewhere a little safer, in case things get a little...err...hairy." He tried not to laugh at the unintentional pun. He made a small motion with his hand, indicating almost directly behind Marsha. "There's a thicket of trees over there we could slip into undetected. We could stay hidden until we're sure it's safe. He held out a hand for her to take so that he could help her up quietly and waited for her to take it.
Back to top Go down
Iliana
Staff Member
Staff Member
Iliana

The Steel Curtain Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Steel Curtain   The Steel Curtain I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 4:48 pm

Marsha tremored in place at the sight of the giant cat person...until she realized the look in his face: confusion.

For a long period of time, she gazed at his features. Cat person or not, she could make out the definite strains of annoyance and confusion in the way his 'brows' burrowed down low above his eyes. His great mouth was pulled into a sidelong scowl, the massive black nose scrunched up high upon his face. The expression mirrored the expression of annoyed confusion any human would have had, and that's when it clicked. 'Kha.' He must have been a 'kha' and thought that the Travelers before him, even skinny, pathetic Marsha, was a kha as well.

"We are scoping the area, Great One. There is little 'meat' to be had here." The kha stood straight, his brows burrowing even further. The kitty did not like that one.

"Well, of coursee not, kekla kha! Are you all nott in the middlee of the dead groundss of the gar?! Of coursee there is not meat heree!"

"Well. I'm good at..hunting..Erm..Crafting..Anything that really needs to be done furball...I mean...Your greatness." Marsha sent a painful glare at Duke before hissing outwardly.

"WHATT SAY YOU, DIRTYY, FILTHY KHAA!?" The lance like weapon was pointed dangerously quick at Duke's blob of a throat. The movement was so quick that Marsha did the one thing Lars told her not to: she panicked.

"WAIT! Wait a second, kha!" The kha swung his large, golden brown eyes to her. She could feel the waves of annoyance radiate off of him even while she stood to her feet wobbly, hanging onto Lars's hand for support. "We just got lost, that's all. And I hurt my...paw. See?" Marsha held out her left hand that had been bent in a strange angle since birth at her will, looking up at the kha with her large blue eyes. A vast array of seconds passed before the kha, the sound imitating a growl.

"Hmph. Yess. Justt come back to Ginglor whenn you are patchedd, young kha." The kha sent one more set of peircing glares at Duke, Koth, and Sun-Lai before bounding off into the thicket of trees. It was quiet for some time until Marsha turned towards Lars and the others, her knees shaking despite her act of bravery.

"...I think we're cats here."
Back to top Go down
Ionalien
Ionalien

The Steel Curtain Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Steel Curtain   The Steel Curtain I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 5:45 pm

He watched the cat bound away and turned to the girl. "i hate cats..." Looking to the hand she had said was an injured paw, he said worriedly,"Is your hand really hurt? He looked at Lars, who seemed to have been about to sneak off while no one was looking. "Hey Lars, you said you were a Doctor, could you help her? Or were you just going to leave without us?"
Back to top Go down
Rokku Hizori
Head Diplomat
Head Diplomat
Rokku Hizori

The Steel Curtain Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Steel Curtain   The Steel Curtain I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 6:54 pm

The creature did not like my answer. However, after the slime creature spoke, it allowed its full fury to be known. My hand instinctively went to my quiver to noc an arrow, but then Marsha seemed to calm it with her hand. I let out a subtle sigh of relief as the ferocious creature stalked away. Marsha's words seemed to have appeased it, though for how long was anyone's guess. I walked toward where her and the Sky-Rider man were standing, in time to catch the final jab taken at the man similar in form to Marsha. "Great Mother save us..." I mumbled, already worried about what would become of such a disorganized and confused group. I glanced at the girl mention of us being 'cats', and raised a patch of bark. "Did you not know we appeared as the people that inhabit the verse?" I asked, confused as to how that very important fact would have been neglected to be mentioned by the traveler before them, at least in some kind of letter left behind. I paused for a moment, thinking, and then said "What do you think this 'Ginglor' is?"
Back to top Go down
GoldenHeartsShineForever
GoldenHeartsShineForever

The Steel Curtain Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Steel Curtain   The Steel Curtain I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 9:51 pm

Koth watched the cat man threaten his group, ready for action. As Marsha calmed the warrior, Koth relaxed slightly. As the cat man bounded away, Koth took a few steps in the direction he ran, looking ahead. He turned to Sun-Lai. "I'm not sure. Might be a place or a person. In either case, I think it's in this direction. When everyone is ready, I say we go that way. It's the only clue we have,"
Back to top Go down
Juku
Staff Member
Staff Member
Juku

The Steel Curtain Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Steel Curtain   The Steel Curtain I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 10:57 pm

The look that the kha gave him at Averion's response was narrow, but Duke thought he kinda took the cake when his minor slip nearly got put them in a bad situation. Good going Duke..Just keep your flap shut. Feeling the tip of the lance at his throat, jiggling his body a bit. Duke wondered if he'd feel the lance if it goes through him. However, this was another verse..And his actions might ruin everything and possibly even more the fate. Duke had to improvise and act terrified, play the part.

Duke tried to look as terrified as he possibly could. Even crouching down and looking up. This feels so silly..Can't I just punch him?

Crisis averted! The kha's attention was drawn to the human of our group, Marsha. Who was shaking with fear, but answered the kha with a very simple common reason. Getting lost. Why did no one else think of that? It worked though..The beast eyed each of us again before finally wandering off. Duke turned to the others, still kind of baffled by the events."Well that could've definitely went better..If it wasn't for Marsha..who knows what would've happened." Duke rubbed the back of his head embarrassed. "Sorry for that peak of chaos.."

"...I think we're cats here."

"Wait..Cats..Like..Furry?.." Duke's eyes grew two sizes, almost peering over his sunglasses. Great. Furry no goodedSun Lai, the tree-man spoke about this Ginglor thing, that was a good question.Maybe it was some type of ritual, or meeting spot, possibly even a town. "He said to come back to Ginglor, Sun-Lai..It must be a city or town of some kind is my guess." Rubbing his chin. "If it is..Who knows what we're walking into...Or even where too.." Duke frowned looking around for any notification to this "Ginglor" place.
Back to top Go down
The Doctor
The Doctor

The Steel Curtain Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Steel Curtain   The Steel Curtain I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2013 1:55 pm

Politely taking his hand back now that he was sure Marsha could stand on her own well enough, he straightened himself up and brushed himself off. He was glad to see that they, or more accurately Marsha, had been able to avoid engaging the first native they met in combat. When Arterion asked about helping Marsha and mentioned leaving without them, he said "Yes. No. Sorry, I'm a scientist sort of doctor, not a medical doctor." He looked over at Marsha's wrist for a second. "I can tell you, though, that there's nothing wrong with her hand. She's just got some funny joints. I'd expect she was born with them. It happens more often than most people think." Catching himself from babbling on about physical abnormalities, Lars puffed himself up a bit and said "And I wouldn't exactly call it leaving. More of a tactical retreat. If you all went and got yourselves captured, who would there be left to mount a daring rescue? Or what if these people, these...Kha don't do 'capture and imprison'? What if they jump straight to 'kill and move on'? There could be a whole patrol out here, lurking in the forest. We could've been outnumbered, for all we know. At the time, it looked like something was going to go wrong very quickly and I wanted to get our young friend here..." He motioned to Marsha "...Somewhere safe."
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

The Steel Curtain Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Steel Curtain   The Steel Curtain I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 09, 2013 10:02 pm

A'lyrren kept her silence as the girl she had pushed off started to introduce herself. Everybody seemed to be chattering anyway, so she didn't feel that additional noise was needed. Marsha. That was the girl. She seemed nice enough, A'lyrren supposed, but she was still trying to figure out exactly where she was. Another world, obviously, but why was everything so.. different? Not just other-worldly different. She meant in another way, but of course she had no way of expressing herself, because nobody on her home world had ever even heard of the problem.

Color.

She crossed her arms and took a half step back from everything, watching people. What was interesting to her was how they all reacted to being approached by.. something. Some furry thing. Eugh, she hated furry animals.. This one seemed particularly nasty. Lazy slackers? As if he was doing much better just standing there yelling. Idiot fur-thing.

The tree.. person? Man? The tree. Good enough. The tree tried an approach that A'lyrren thought to be rather wise, which was just responding instead of arguing or demanding answers. Another Traveler called the creature a 'furball', which amused her, but didn't seem to go over well with the angry fur-creature. Yet another one of the Travelers attempted to run and hide, which just made her roll her eyes. Better to know the cowards now, she figured.

Oi.

Cats. What were cats? Fur things? Fantastic. She looked down at herself and didn't see it, which made her rather grateful. As long as the mirror didn't show some sort of fur-covered whiskery face, she didn't really care how others saw her.

"A tactical retreat.." she couldn't help but repeat to herself in a murmur. Though her expression was calm, she was struggling not to laugh. That was the best way she had ever heard 'running away' phrased. Something to remember for later, perhaps.

"If we're all done standing around and trying to figure everything out, can we move on to who-knows-where and not run into more angry cats?"
Back to top Go down
https://agasaria.rpg-board.net
Sponsored content

The Steel Curtain Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Steel Curtain   The Steel Curtain I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Steel Curtain
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next