Agasaria
Welcome back!

If you're new and registering today, don't forget to post an intro thread in our Hello, Sunshine category so we can all say hello! Thanks!
Agasaria
Welcome back!

If you're new and registering today, don't forget to post an intro thread in our Hello, Sunshine category so we can all say hello! Thanks!
Agasaria
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Agasaria

A writing site for newbies and veterans alike - we welcome open roleplaying with any genre and skill level welcome, as well as writers of short stories, creative pieces, poetry, workshops, and more!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Bucket List

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
Iliana
Staff Member
Staff Member
Iliana

The Bucket List - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Bucket List   The Bucket List - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 4:36 am

“Man, that’s gotta blow. It’s a pretty cool last name, My intials don’t make sense. CJE. Chase Jeremiah Evans. Some of the kids at my school used to call me CJ and I never knew why. I never said I wanted to be called CJ at all. That’s probably what I get for telling them my middle name.”

It was much easier getting to her know by acting like himself. Half the time he didn’t realize he was questioning her until he was hit with a load of information all at once. Chase always took a second to pause and think about what he just said, which always seemed to get him in a load of trouble. Think before you speak had been lost on him. He shrugged his shoulders and headed towards two tanning beds by the pool side, dumping his stuff down since he was all ready to get in the water.

“I don’t know, some kind of warning… call or something. Something a little indiscreet but sturdy enough to get the message across. Like... CAWCAW! CAWCAW!” he shouted with both of his hands around his cheeks.
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: The Bucket List   The Bucket List - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 9:32 am

Halimae laughed and shook her head as he yelled. Oh, Chase. What an absolute goon. She set her towel down on a chair and stretched a bit, then pulled her shirt off over her head. The bathing suit she had gotten was a bikini, but more modest than most chose when flaunting their summer-ready bodies. A soft pink, it highlighted her pale skin and drew most of the attention away from her old scars from past surgeries where the doctors tried to explain what was happening and get her mother to stop nagging them.

"I don't think screaming like a bird is a good way to warn you," she said, wiggling her way out of her jeans to reveal the bottoms, which were wrapped with a 'skirt' type bit that made her feel a bit more covered. The store really hadn't offered much by way of covering suits for anybody over the age of eight. She glanced down at herself, then looked up at Chase.

"Maybe we should just have a code word. Like, something that wouldn't normally come up in conversation."
Back to top Go down
https://agasaria.rpg-board.net
Iliana
Staff Member
Staff Member
Iliana

PostSubject: Re: The Bucket List   The Bucket List - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 2:52 pm

Gentleman to the end, Chase made sure he averted his eyes away when Hali began the changing process. There was no reason to make her believe he was a pervert, regardless of the truth that he may have drooled if he did see her doing so. Instead of standing awkwardly with his hands under his arms, Chase swayed from side to side, fluffing out his hair for no apparent reason whatsoever.

“I was just kidding. That was just a nerdy way of me saying thank you for that. You gotta learn not to take me so seriously sometimes, Hali. I’m a crazy geek, you know. But,” he said, holding up his hand dramatically, “I’m a sweet one. And I bet you’d rather be friends with a sweet geek then the ones that pee in the bed. Cuz that shit’s gross.” When he figured she was finished, his rambling came to an end and he turned to face her. All at once, he was hit with how hot she looked in her suit. He went through a strange series of events in his head: inwardly cursing himself for thinking she was hot, stomping on his own toe as punishment for thinking she was hot, biting the inside of his gum to deter him from thinking about her being hot, deciding that he would switch from ‘hot’ to ‘cute as hell’, and finally blurting out the last part without ever meaning to do so.

“You’re cute as hell.” A split second later, with his face awkwardly slack-jawed with the realization of what just happened, Chase walked backwards with the most mundane stare he could muster.

“Aaaaaaaand I’m gonna go drown myself now.” That was all he said before he back walked right into the 5ft mark of the pool with a splash.
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: The Bucket List   The Bucket List - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 5:54 pm

Halimae blinked in surprise, a blush coating her cheeks as she stared at Chase with a shy smile. She fidgeted a little, tempted to cover up just because he was staring at her so much, but she didn't. A moment later, he fell backward into the pool and she laughed. Poor Chase.

She went to the edge of the pool a bit deeper down and dove in. Despite not having much experience thanks to her mother, she did know how to swim. It could save her life, after all. Ironic.

She surfaced a few moments later and brushed her hair out of her face, then looked around for Chase. Hopefully he hadn't actually drowned.. or ran away. She rather liked having him around to hang out with and talk to.
Back to top Go down
Iliana
Staff Member
Staff Member
Iliana

PostSubject: Re: The Bucket List   The Bucket List - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 9:25 pm

Nope. I’ve done it. I’ve died of hyporthermia. I just called a girl I just met cute as hell in her pink bathing suitkini thing and now I’m going to drown. Or freeze. Or dreeze. I’m going to dreeze to death. The cold was like knives cutting inside to his very being for a short matter of seconds. The more he kicked his feet and wafted his arms underwater, the warmer he got. When the cold went away, Chase whispered a silent thanks to whoever made sure he was still alive after that ordeal before he broke the surface of the water.

“Wooo mama, it’s cold! It’s like… in the middle of the freakin’ summer too!” Halimae was a short distance away from him at the deeper portion of the pool. Her once bouncy brown hair now clung to her cheeks like polyester. It was absolutely adorable the way she pushed it out of her eyes while he breast stroked to her. As long as he kept somewhat of a distance, the two of them should have been fine. Chase may not have been such a sight in his suit, but Hali had it going for her. Shut up, Chase. As if she hasn’t been having it going for her.

“Did you jump in too? That’s the only way I can get used to water like this,” he said through shivers. “I used to be on the swim team too so this is kinda emabarrassing…”
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: The Bucket List   The Bucket List - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 9:59 pm

"It's not that cold," Hali said, laughing a bit. "I did jump in, though. I like the splash instead of creeping in on a ladder," she explained, flicking some water at him from the surface.

The hospital floors were a lot colder than the water. She knew that all too well. Rarely would she complain of cold now, after experiencing the chilled tiles under bare feet too many times. Besides, the cool water felt nice on her skin after sitting on Chase's couch getting fat and wasting the morning away. Though it had been a lot of fun..

"So, the swim team, huh? Did you dance in a circle with a bunch of other guys in pink Speedos? Maybe wear a cap to keep your hair in pristine condition?"
Back to top Go down
Iliana
Staff Member
Staff Member
Iliana

PostSubject: Re: The Bucket List   The Bucket List - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2014 7:08 pm

Chase took the splash like a man. He forced one eye closed so that the cholrine wouldn’t kick him in the shin once they got out of the pool. It wouldn’t last long, anyway. He always had a tendency to open his eyes when he swam underwater. The aftereffect wasn’t one he would be looking forward to, but it was just the way he was. Half wondering if Hali did the same thing, he sent a wrinkled frown her way.

“Oh stop, that’s sync swimming and I was never that good. Yeah, you think it’s all cute and funny to see those men wearing those things, but you wouldn’t know what its like! That kind of thing takes poise and accuracy and hand-eye coordination, something you would know nothing about, probably!” he joked, flicking some water her way in return. The splashing fest continued and as the seconds crept by, Chase regained some of the body temperature he felt had went lost once he got in the pool. The last thing he wanted was to get sick and not be able to go to England.

Wow, what a statement that’d be, he pondered, kicking his feet to keep him afloat. Hey Hali, sorry I missed the plane. I got hypothermia so I can’t go to England right now. Maybe some other time? A small smile found its way to the corner of his lips. There was no way hypothermia was going to keep him from going with her.

“Do you get sick easily?” he asked absentmindedly.

Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: The Bucket List   The Bucket List - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2014 7:28 pm

Halimae hesitated, covering her uncertainty with a bit of a smile as she gently splashed him again to buy herself a few seconds. Why would he ask her that? How could he guess..? Maybe she was overreacting. That's when she realized that he was probably just asking because of the cold water. Wow. She was getting as jumpy as her mother. Shaking her head a bit at her own foolishness, she gave him a better smile.

"Sometimes, like in the winter. But doesn't everybody?" she pointed out logically.

She splashed him one last time, then dove under the surface and curved downward. Her hands reached forward, one catching an ankle. A-ha, perfect! She smiled and yanked him down under with her. Halimae - Jaws Apprentice.
Back to top Go down
Iliana
Staff Member
Staff Member
Iliana

PostSubject: Re: The Bucket List   The Bucket List - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 8:59 pm

“No, not everyone!” he shot back, working to dodge her splash only to get a face full of water when she did so again. Flicking madly, he shrugged. “I have a pretty decent immune system. Sometimes I can get these really bad headaches, and everybody gets a cold. Theres nothing I can do about that one. I was just saying because this water is freaking freezing, and if it gets cold or something in England, I need to know you’d take care of me.” Chase nodded, not hearing Halimae talking anymore whole he leaned his head back to rewet his hair.

“Here’s what I like when I’m sick: You need to always rub my head. That feels soooo good, you have no idea. But yeah, that and also, I like chicken noodle soup. But not the normal Cambell’s kind. I like the one with the curly noodles, you know what I’m talking about? Like, Progressive or something. Or is it Progresso… Progressive is a car insurance place, right? Progres—” The rest of his sentence was drowned out by water. Unexpectandly, his body went completely weightless, slipping underwater while a pressure to his left ankle yanked him down. Panic was the first thing on his mind, but after seeing a glimpse of brown underwater, Chase calmed his heartbeat.

Halimae was such a shark.

Not a single thought passed his head while he kicked his legs to keep him afloat underwater, staring at her with a challenging smirk. Wagging a finger, Chase leaned inward to bite the top of her ear. Then, with a wink and a wave, he shot off to the deep end, beginning a friendly race. If she could be a shark, then so could he!

Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: The Bucket List   The Bucket List - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 9:22 pm

Halimae squealed in surprise when Chase bit her. Not the best idea when under water. She surfaced and coughed a bit, then laughed and chased after him, diving back under. Unfortunately, his distraction techniques did the trick and he beat her by a few seconds at least. Still, she made it next to him at the end of the pool and poked him gently in the ribs as a reward.

"You aren't supposed to bite sharks," she pointed out sternly, attempting to keep a straight face even though she was half laughing the whole time.

He was so cute, even now. It was hard to keep her eyes off of him, but she did her best. This attraction was dangerous and wrong. It was stupid of her to let herself get so close to some boy who had no clue. Worse, he was coming with her to England. The thought made her smile, her insides warming. There was not a thing she was going to do to stop him. She wanted him to come along too badly to willingly tell him what was going on.

"What were you saying about chickens and cars..?"
Back to top Go down
Iliana
Staff Member
Staff Member
Iliana

PostSubject: Re: The Bucket List   The Bucket List - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 9:34 pm

“What? Oh that. Nothin’.”

He gave her a puzzled look. As if he could honestly go back to the previous conversation after the fun they just had. They stared at each other for a while. His head tilted only a little bit when he caught her smiling at her. Chase couldn’t have been happier. He was swimming next to the most beautiful stranger he had ever met in his life, and he had never wanted to swim with a stranger before. Even with burning eyes that felt compressed by lemons, Halimae appeared all the more beautiful with the way water ran down the base of her neck, rippling onto the surface below. When the staring got awkward, Chase jerked himself back to reality by kicking his legs to keep him afloat.

“Hey, Hali? About what I said before?” He awkwardly paused, looking at her while scratching the back of his head and looking away, only to look back. “I meant it, you know. You are cute as hell. And… And not just in that pervy-in-a-bathing-suit way too! I mean like, all the time. With the Tangled and the cheese and everything.” Dipping his head back again to wet his hair, he popped his head up, water running down the bridge of his nose.

“Just thought I should remind you, you know… For like, future reference or something.”

Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: The Bucket List   The Bucket List - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 9:52 pm

Halimae giggled a bit at Chase's blank look. He clearly had no idea what she was even talking about. She'd have to remember not to prod him about earlier things when they spent more time together. He obviously had the attention span of a goldfish on crack. She smiled a bit, watching him as he seemed to get lost in thought. Moments later, however, he recovered and she immediately blushed at what he was saying.

"Thank you.." she murmured in surprise, stunned that he wasn't just saying so because of her change in attire. She watched him dip back, unable to keep from grinning at his next comment.

"Warning," she cooed, scooting over closer to him and planting a soft kiss on his cheek. "Thanks, Chase. You're pretty cute too."

She gave him another smile, then dove back under the surface and swam off to the other end of the pool, wondering if he would race her again or not.
Back to top Go down
Iliana
Staff Member
Staff Member
Iliana

PostSubject: Re: The Bucket List   The Bucket List - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 30, 2014 12:12 am

Stunned, Chase kicked himself afloat on sheer willpower after Hailmae’s fourth—or maybe her third—kiss to his cheek. He lost count. The bad thing was that he had no idea why she said the word ‘warning’ before she did so. Of course, once her soft lips pressed against his cheek, he didn’t care anyway. Blinking ahead at nothing even after Hali dipped underwater, Chase lifted a hand to finger the spot where she kissed him. He laughed, not caring if she could hear him or not.

“That was not the signal I told you to do! It was CAWCAW! CAWCAW!” Without a second thought, he vaulted his body expertly underwater, pumping arms forward and back. Sun reflected from the surface above him and shattered the rays into a dazzling array of lights. It was so similar to a movie scene, the way Chase grinned once he was gaining on the girl in pink. Careful not to scare her, he picked up the pace enough to be directly to the right of her. He yelled “Hali!” which only came out to sound like incomprehensible muffling through bubbles before wrapping his arms around her waist.

In one slick move, she faced him to see him wave cheerfully with his free hand, mouthing the word, “Gotcha.”

Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: The Bucket List   The Bucket List - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 30, 2014 1:39 pm

Halimae was almost to the other end of the pool when she heard something. Surprised, she glanced to her right and saw Chase, which made her smile. She didn't expect him to dip closer and wrap his arms around her, but she stopped swimming and faced him to wave back. Her body shifted and she curled an arm around him as well, bopping him gently against the bottom of the pool as she restrained a giggle. Her lungs were starting to ache, so she blew a few bubbles against his lips tauntingly, then released him and swam up to the surface.

She gasped as soon as she felt air, coughing a bit even as she laughed. Oh, what fun! She rubbed her eyes and brushed her hair out of the way, bobbing along near the edge of the pool but not touching it. This was the most excitement she had had in weeks. It was a good thing her mother wasn't around. She smiled at the idea and looked around absently, wondering when Chase was going to surface and start claiming that she had cheated.
Back to top Go down
Iliana
Staff Member
Staff Member
Iliana

PostSubject: Re: The Bucket List   The Bucket List - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 31, 2014 2:08 am

He could have died right then and been fairly happy doing so. The bubbles teasingly broke apart on his lips. Hali could have taken his heart out with how cute she was being. It didn’t take him long to notice that the ache in his chest was not entirely due to her beauty. It was because he was losing air quick! Nearly choking on the realization, Chase made a beeline after Hali, breaking the surface only short seconds after her. There was an embarrassing gasp of air from him. His lungs felt like they were going to collapse. A few seconds later, he was in front of Hali, sputtering and wiping water off of his face.

“Maybe I should w-work out some more…” he admitted. Maybe he shouldn’t have spent a full minute and a half underwater staring at her either. He ran a hand through his soaked hair, looking her up and down. He lingered a moment on her pink cheeks, wondering if she spent too long underwater as well. It felt so natural, completely, as if he had known her all his life and didn’t spend longer than 5 minutes from her side. Chase knew he was being delirious. Halimae couldn’t know what she was doing to his head.

“I like staying in the water until my fingers feel pruny,” he admitted, poking her repeatedly with his fingers. “I just like the wrinkly feeling. You know, gotta get something different than all this smoothness right here,” he cooed, sliding a free hand down his bare abs jokingly.

Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: The Bucket List   The Bucket List - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 31, 2014 2:21 am

"Why would you want to work out more? You're perfect the way you are already," Halimae said, confused by his comment. Working out wouldn't make him able to sit on the bottom of a pool all day, so what was he thinking? She smiled at him when he looked at her, then laughed as he started poking at her. Before she could bat him away, he pulled his own hand away to caress his abs. That made her laugh more, shaking her head as she giggled at just how ridiculous Chase could be.

"You know, if you started feeling up an old man, you could get that satisfying wrinkled sensation that you want so bad," she teased with a grin, then she paused as she heard the crunch of tires. For a moment, her stomach plummeted, fearing that her mother had managed to find them even though she had no idea where Halimae was or who she was with. She glanced over at the gate automatically, but nobody came to it. Paranoia. She shook her head and turned back to Chase.

"I'm actually pruny already," she admitted, holding out her hand to show him. Her body reacted a bit faster to being submerged than his did, thanks to her illness, but it was fine. She had no ill effects, and she was amused by how she seemed to have the fingers of an eighty-year-old woman now.
Back to top Go down
Iliana
Staff Member
Staff Member
Iliana

PostSubject: Re: The Bucket List   The Bucket List - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 11:47 pm

Hali’s weird moment with the gate went unnoticed. He was too busy laughing at her old man comment and swooning inwardly at her question of his work out techniques.

“There’s just no getting away from the gay jokes with you, is there?” he said, wiping a tear from the corner of his eyes. That’s what he got anyway for doing what he did with his abs. Chase walked blindly into her jokes. One of the reasons was because she had a very high sense of humor. They took turns laughing at each other’s jokes. First it was him, then it was her, then it was him again. Laughter was indeed the best medicine. Any thoughts of being sick flew out of his head. As long as he had her to laugh with, he wouldn’t turn into a complete vegetable. Chase kicked himself into circles around her.

“You wanna get out? I know it’s not all that good if you stay in here all pruny like. You get old faster.” He made a face.

“Then again, that could just be a myth my brother Bobby always told me to get me out of the pool when Mom and Dad said so. I dunno…” Busying himself by musing, Chase floated on his back and hummed a little note, enjoying the way the sun beat on the front portion of his body. Swimming and tanning went hand in hand, and he looked pale enough to be a ghost.

Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: The Bucket List   The Bucket List - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 8:36 pm

"It was probably a myth," Hali agreed, smiling. "Though, maybe not. Isn't the reason that your fingers get all wrinkled up because the water somehow sucks the moisture out or something? Maybe swimming sucks out your soul too. Just sit in here all day and you'll lose sixty years from your life, Chase," she teased, reaching over and pushing down on his belly as he floated around her, just to dunk him.

She went over to the side of the pool and easily hoisted herself out. Water streamed down her body back into the pool and she stood, mildly amused by how she stained the concrete with her footprints when she walked. She scooped up her towel and dried her face, then laid it across a chair.

"I'm going to act like the little old lady I am and lay here so I can tan," she declared, looking over her shoulder to grin at him before sitting in the chair. "Ahhh. So good on my aching bones!"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Bucket List   The Bucket List - Page 6 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Bucket List
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Agasaria :: Roleplay :: Modern Roleplays :: One-on-One Modern Roleplays-
Jump to: