Agasaria
Welcome back!

If you're new and registering today, don't forget to post an intro thread in our Hello, Sunshine category so we can all say hello! Thanks!
Agasaria
Welcome back!

If you're new and registering today, don't forget to post an intro thread in our Hello, Sunshine category so we can all say hello! Thanks!
Agasaria
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Agasaria

A writing site for newbies and veterans alike - we welcome open roleplaying with any genre and skill level welcome, as well as writers of short stories, creative pieces, poetry, workshops, and more!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Bucket List

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

The Bucket List - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Bucket List   The Bucket List - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 11:10 pm

"What?! How am I the weird one when you're talking about getting fat?! You're the one who just wants to sit and eat bananas.. If you know what I mean," Halimae retaliated, giggling and shaking her head.

Her phone started beeping at her in a quick warning that it was dying. She scrunched up her face in annoyance and rolled over, rummaging around beside her bed until her fingers wrapped around a thin cord. Feeling victorious, she pulled up the charger and pushed it into the bottom of her phone. With a satisfied beep! her phone stopped complaining and she was once again able to focus on Chase. She listened to him talking about when to come over, a grin curving her lips as he called her a princess again. What a weirdo.

"Okay, so 4:31am with tye-dye Fruit Roll-Ups. Got it," she teased with a grin. "I hope you know that I'm going to show up with way more than you can handle!" she added, sliding out of bed as she said it.

She pulled a small tote out of her closet and wandered over to her movie collection - over one thousand titles, all sorted randomly. At first she chose a few always-good comedies, then added a few dramas, a few action movies. Soon she was just flicking in random things - everything from Disney to horror. She put in about thirty in all, leaving about half the tote to overload with snacks. That would have to wait until her parents left in the morning.

"Alright, I'm exhausted. Ten is basically midnight for me," she admitted, feeling weary. Staying up late was hard for her now, as much as she hated to admit it. She just got tired really easily. Frowning at the thought, she slid back into bed and curled up on her side. "I'll see you tomorrow, 'kay? Have a good night, Chase."
Back to top Go down
https://agasaria.rpg-board.net
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: The Bucket List   The Bucket List - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 11:11 pm

"You know I was joking about the whole 4:30 thing, right Hali?" There was no answer and he frowned, still hiding the smile on his lips when he figured she was playing with his emotions. There was also a rumbling and rambling to be heard in which he assumed she was either moving around to get comfortable or doing something else. It didn't matter, he was still going to stay there and freak out until she eventually soothed his worries.

"No, I'm dead serious! I really was joking about that! Not the Fruit Roll-Ups though. I like those, so bring them if you have them...just not at four something in the morning! Serious, Hali!"he barked before he heard her voice on the other end of the transceiver, making a joke about the time. He pretended to sigh heavily, all of his earlier efforts washed down the drain.

"I don't care. I don't have nothing else to do anyways,"he said, snuggling his cheek deep into his pillow and waited to hear her speak again. He was getting used to the sound of her voice already and he had only met her for a couple of hours. Uh oh. Someone was getting hooked! Never being the dumbest person, Chase blinked at that revelation, his brown eyes seemingly darker in his room with no light before her voice broke into his ears again. He can't just go flirting with any girl he met, especially one that thought he was fruitier than than a glass of Hawaiian Punch. Tomorrow was going to be some day.

"Yeah, okay. I'm gonna head to bed too since there's nothing else to do. I'll see you tomorrow at...what time now? Wait, no, just text me or something. I'll be here." He waited until she bid him goodnight for him to do the same, hearing the boopboopboop of his phone a second later, telling him that she had left. He let the phone drop beside him, staring at it as if he had never seen the thing before a day in his life. He had just finished talking to a girl he met on the street, a pretty girl. He... literately...called another girl and had a conversation with her that didn't completely suck balls! Okay, so the homo parts were a bit different, but it was a step in a direction he had never seen himself going! Talking to another girl so easily like that...even getting her to come to his house for movies and snacks...

What...just happened to him?!
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: The Bucket List   The Bucket List - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 11:13 pm

"Bye!"

Halimae set her alarm on her phone for four-thirty in the morning and set it on her bedside table. He said not four something. By the time she got done with her shower and got dressed, her parents would be gone and it'd be past five. She'd be within the limits Chase set for her. Laughing a bit, she nestled down into her covers and fell asleep quickly, her dreams filled with strange images of coffee shops and waterfalls.

The screech of her alarm made her jump, and she quickly slapped her phone to shut it off. For a few minutes, she remained an unmoving lump, but then she forced herself to slide out of bed. She yawned and stretched, then toddled off to her bathroom. One long shower later, and she was feeling wide awake. She skipped back to her bedroom and toweled off, then dressed in a pair of dark wash jeans with a black Green Lantern shirt. After a quick brush of her hair, she picked up the half-full tote of movies and peeked into the hallway.

No sign of parents.

She smiled to herself and trotted down the stairs cheerfully, setting her tote on the kitchen counter and rummaging through the cupboards. Three boxes of tye-dye Fruit Roll-Ups, a full package of double-stuffed Oreos, two bags of Doritos, four packets of popcorn, and a tube of cookie dough later, she snapped the lid on the tote. That should do it for a few hours at least. She tugged on her jacket and put her phone in her pocket, then carried the tote out to her Jeep and shoved it in the backseat.

At 5:13am, she pulled into Chase's driveway. She parked, got her tote out, and sat on it right outside his front door. Once she was settled, she held in her urge to laugh and pulled out her phone. Time to wake up sleeping beauty, she thought as she pressed 'call'.
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: The Bucket List   The Bucket List - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 11:15 pm

Bowser wasn't supposed to be in his dreams. Why was Bowser in his dreams? A giant Koopa in the middle of the beach was very unsettling even to dreamland Chase. He was doing very well on his own, skirting the sides of the topaz, white capped waters while he strolled in nothing but his bare feet and a pair of plaid swimming trunks. The water dipped in the tide, washing trough the middle of his toes which didn't tickle him to the core. It just made the smile on his lips a little softer, more relaxed and at peace with himself. The sounds of the beach, gulls chattering and waves upon waves of salt water slapping the surface of the sand, was the best part of it. He didn't have to hear any screeching city noises, obnoxiously loud whining babies, ridiculous tapping of high heels... It was just the air, the water, and the birds.

...Oh, and Bowser.

"The...fuck?" The music restarted and he realized that his phone was ringing and it was still dark outside. How long had he been asleep? He blinked lazily at the number, not recognizing it before picking it up and muttering a sleepy, "'Lo?" The giggle is what got him up. The familiar malevolent chortle that usually only came from gay talk, but, there it was, buzzing in his ear at...what time was it? Chase held his breath, sliding his disoriented gaze to the far digital clock before making a tiny choking sound.

"A-Are you serious, Halimae? I...what the hell?!" He wanted to be upset but she had to have called him for a reason. Still, sleep was making him incredibly unfocused, confused, and out of it. It was almost 5:20 in the morning and he had a girl either on her way to his house, or at his house. Face now drained of color, Chase slung the sheet off of his bed and sprinted towards the window to see a lone shadow at his front door. A lone shadow with a really heavy looking bag.

"I'm not letting you in until I see tye-dye proof,"he said, looking out the window and down at her, whether she could see him or not.
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: The Bucket List   The Bucket List - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 11:18 pm

"Of course I'm serious. I didn't break the rules," she pointed out airily, her voice shaking with the giggles that escaped her practically nonexistant restraint. "You said don't come at four-something and I didn't! See?" she added in explanation, then paused and grinned as he requested proof. Little brat. Apparently he could see her.

She cradled the phone in her shoulder and stood up, popping the top off of her tote before rummaging around. After a few moments, she pulled out the three boxes that he wanted and held them up.

"I have the toll to pay off the troll! Now open the door or I'm going to break in ghetto-style," she declared, then promptly hung up and returned her phone to her pocket. She put the boxes back in the tote - except for one that she kept out, as a gift to him for opening the door.

Which she assumed he would.
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: The Bucket List   The Bucket List - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 11:20 pm

He laughed and muttered a 'be there in a sec' after she gave him the break in line. She'd probably do it, too. If she was crazy enough to come to his house at 5 something in the morning then she was crazy enough to ram her shoulder through his front door to get into his house. Chase wasn't sure if he should be flattered by that thought or worried about the well being of her shoulder. Doing neither, he threw the phone back on his bed, having no further use for it, before he sleepily took the stairs down to the first floor. He was careful to keep his grip on the poles besides the stairs. he was so tired and out of it that his chances of missing a step and falling down the flight of stairs was high.

He had done it before and had the scar on his stomach to prove it.

Thankful that she didn't ring the doorbell which would have blew the entire house up in 2 melodious dingdong! rings, Chase ran a finger through his hair (making it even messier than before) before opening the door. His eyes went directly to the small box of Fruit Roll Ups, actually surprised they were the tye-dye kind! He said nothing, taking the fruit snacks out of her hand, squinting hard at the side of the box before nodding.

"They haven't expired. Fine. Come in,"he said curtly as if he could care less whether she would come in or not. He would have been wrong, of course! Early or not, he was absolutely stoked that a girl was at his house at 5 something in the morning with his favorite fruit snacks! Sending a silent prayer to the heavens, Chase helped heave the tote through the door, closing out the humid air of the outside once they were both inside. "Geez, this thing weighs like a ton! Sure you don't have a dead body in here!? Not...not that I'm weak..." Chase sent her playful smile, heaving the tote on his chest by himself while he left her to the living room. He tried to play it off like it wasn't extremely heavy and he was doing it well.

"How did you even get this out of the truck?"
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: The Bucket List   The Bucket List - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 11:21 pm

Halimae looked up as the door opened, suddenly very proud of her ability to not stare at people when she didn't want to. Thanks to doctors staring at her for years, she had learned to avoid the habit. That turned out to be great since the very first thing she noticed about Chase was his lack of a shirt. She met his eyes and smiled at him as he took the Fruit Roll-Ups out of her hand, studying it as though he wouldn't eat them even if they were expired. Once they passed his intense inspection, she picked up one side of the tote while he had the other, easing it through the door until he took the whole tote.

And all the while she was thinking that he was even more better looking than she remembered.

"I carried it," she teased. "I wouldn't pack more than I could handle! The main weight in there is movies. I wasn't sure what you'd want to watch so I picked a bunch.. plus the snacks, of course!" she explained, following him to the living room.

"I brought Roll-Ups, Oreos, Doritos, popcorn, and cookie dough. There's like thirty or forty movies in there too. Oh, and if we need to, we can always make a quick run back to my house for soda. I have a stack of twelve-packs in my pantry. Mountain Dew, root beer, all that stuff. It's the one thing my mom doesn't have the obsessive control thing going on with," she said, laughing a bit and pointedly looking him up and down.

"The just-got-out-of-bed look suits you, Chase."
Back to top Go down
Iliana
Staff Member
Staff Member
Iliana

PostSubject: Re: The Bucket List   The Bucket List - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 7:42 pm

"Carried it, right, right..."he muttered, strain evident in his voice as he heaved the full weight of the massive tote towards his living room. It was still a dangerous shade of dark throughout the house and day break was a few hours away. The walls were a white, ominous glow against the dark indigo of the morning sky spilling from the windows on every wall, but it did enough to pave his way through the hallways without him tripping over his own feet during the process.

It wasn't a long walk to the living area, normally, when he wasn't carrying anything. Past the kitchen, passed the portraits, down the hall, and bam. Living room. Carrying what felt like his weight and some, Chase thought it took ages for them to finally make it to the Living room, quite surprised he made it in one piece. He dropped the tote by the foot of the large, beige leather sofa, looking down at the closed box while she explained its innards.

"So what you're telling me is that you live inside Wal-Mart. Dang...I'm glad I decided to bring you here instead. I don't want to have to get a buggy before going through the electric doors inside your house," he joked. She explained all of the snacks and foods as casually as she could it seemed; so airily, as if there was nothing wrong with having all of that in a pantry alone, not including the main things like meat and canned goods and the sort. Chase held is tongue on the explanation of his kitchen, plopping himself on the soda and cracking open the box.

"I don't plan on watching all 40 of those movies. With my luck, I'll get through one without sleeping, which is what you get for coming here at 5 something in the freaking morning, Hali!"he exclaimed, his voice growing louder while he twisted his head the opposite direction. "Come on, man! I haven't even showered or...or changed! Look!" As if he needed to show her again, though she already clearly saw, he gestured with wide open arms to his bare chest.

"Do you normally meet topless guys before watching a movie with them?" he asked, taking out a Fruit Roll Up and tearing open the wrapper, shoving the entire fruit stack, rolled and all, straight into his mouth.
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: The Bucket List   The Bucket List - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 8:01 pm

Halimae followed Chase down to the living room, glancing at the pictures they passed but not stopping to really examine them. They didn't really know each other well enough for 'who's that' questions. She stopped when he set the tote down, laughing a little as he commented on her living in a superstore.

"Well, I won't let you in without a membership card anyway," she retorted, crossing her eyes at him and sticking her tongue out before giggling.

She walked over and sat near him on the sofa, watching him open up the snack box. Well, he definitely enjoyed what she brought, despite his comment. That was good to see. Toll for the troll indeed. She smiled and pulled the tote over in front of her, popping the top off and pulling out a pack of Oreos. Chocolate, cream-filled cookies.. The true breakfast of champions! Just as she was about to open it up, however, he started speaking again and she paused to look up at him.

He seemed.. irate. Frustrated. She realized that perhaps taking his words literally was overstepping her bounds. Maybe she should have acted more normally for him and waited. She tilted her head a fraction, taking care not to look at his nearly-naked self as she watched him. He was unhappy.

"No," she said, shaking her head a little and putting the Oreos back in the tote. "I can leave if you want," she offered quietly.
Back to top Go down
Iliana
Staff Member
Staff Member
Iliana

PostSubject: Re: The Bucket List   The Bucket List - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 11:54 pm

The large hunk of fruit assorted, mashed, mushy mass of already-chewed Fruit Roll Up was 2 seconds from being swallowed whole. To avoid such a dangerous act from being done, Chase decided it was better to cough the snack up and hack it out of his mouth and into the palm of his hand...rather than swallow it and risk the chance of choking on it.

"Heckiiaacckk! Wh-What?! Eccck! Ecc---Ehhckk, 'scuse m-me..." He turned his head away from her and continued to choke his trachea straight out of his throat. The wad of pre-chewed Fruit Roll Up was beginning to turn gushy and a displeasure to hold. It was like a silly putty soaked in water, evaporating and oozing its way between the cracks of his fingers. Chase coughed for the next 34 seconds, trying to regain what little breathing he had before Hali said what she said. It took for the gooy liquid from his hands to start dripping in a rainbow of colors on his brown carpet before Chase finally controlled his respiratory system. Good timing too, because he felt a lung threaten to explode.

"No w-way! I mean, why, do you...wanna go home? It's not like I meant to come out shirtless like this,"he said, realizing that maybe that was the reason she said what she said. He threw both of his arms around his chest, trying to cover up as much skin as possible which only made matters worse...He had forgotten by the dripping gunk of fruit in his right palm.

Splat!

"Ahhh shit." A rainbow colored blotch lay a few centimeters just below his right rib cage, the result of attempting to cover himself. He looked at the mash of candy and back to Hali, a horribly embarrassed blush around his nose doing nothing for the boyish smile he sported.

"See? Why leave now when you can see me paint myself rainbow? Because I'm...gay like that," he bit, fighting his own laughter at his false confession.
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: The Bucket List   The Bucket List - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2013 12:04 am

There really was no help for it. Honestly. Even if Halimae had the sense of humor of a teaspoon and wasn't paying attention to every move that Chase made.. Even if she had been born mute and found such things to be childish and improper.. Even then, she would not have been able to restrain her laughter.

And how could she?

Chase was just sitting there, his smooth cheeks tinged with red, both from embarrassment and from the hacking fit he had just put himself through in his impatience to eat junk food. She could tell from his eyes that he was both ashamed and amused, and his smile made her smile back at him. Perhaps he wasn't angry at her after all!

"Aw, Chase, don't you know that you don't have to be a rainbow to attract other men? I'm sure wearing one on your shirt or something would be good enough!" she exclaimed, keeping her tone sympathetic before bursting into giggles again.

"Here, let me help you," she added after a few moments, going over closer to him and pulling a clean napkin from her pocket, where she had stashed it earlier in case she got sick on the way here. She peeled the sticky mess from his side and scrunched up her nose. "Now go put a shirt on before I stick this back on you! I want to watch movies!"
Back to top Go down
Iliana
Staff Member
Staff Member
Iliana

PostSubject: Re: The Bucket List   The Bucket List - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2013 1:45 am

"Don't judge me, gurl~"he cooed, playing along with his homo act while she cleaned away the goo on his soft skin. It tickled for a few short seconds, but he was man enough to handle a napkin stroking and back and forth across his ribs...or so he thought.

"Ah, qu-quit it! It's tickli--Haha! Hali! Quit doing it like that! See, now you're just doing it on purpose!" He slipped his fingers to her stomach and attempted to get some kind of pay back by tickling at any area his fingers could find. They were both a bunch of fidgety, tickling fools by the next minute, and after he finally gave way and kicked himself away from the 'torture' of being cleaned, Chase stood from the couch, wiping his sticky palm on the side of his pants. He snatched another Fruit Roll Up before she had time to say anything, scoffing when she mentioned the movies.

"Alright, okay. Pick out a good one while I'm gone. And I mean good. Like...really good. Because if I come back down and see Broke Back Mountain on my flat screen..." He purposefully left his sentence hanging listlessly in the air, walking backwards and forming his hand into the peace sign, pointing the two erect fingers at his eyes than towards hers, giving her that 'I'm watching you' gesture as he made his way back up his stairs. Backwards.

Sleep was wearing off second by second, and that early morning crankiness was melting away with it. Even with less than nine hours of rest, Chase was feeling as awake as ever, the reason why not being much of a mystery. A permanent smile on his face while his elbow shrugged the door open, Chase shrugged out of his now fruit stained pants, on the search for something else to wear. He rummaged through the second drawer belonging to his denims when he realized that it was still 5 something in the morning and he was going to be cooped in his living room for quite some time watching movies.

Basket ball and a tee shirt it was.
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: The Bucket List   The Bucket List - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2013 12:55 pm

Halimae giggled and waved him off. Broke Back Mountain was a nice suggestion, but she hadn't thought to bring it. Oh well. She watched him walk away, her eyes tracing over the contours of his back before she looked down at the tote. Alright, movie picking. This should be fairly easy, right? But first things first! She tugged out the pack of Oreos and opened them up, popping one in her mouth whole. Yum..

Let's see..

Day After Tomorrow? Good movie, but maybe not something for first thing in the morning. V For Vendetta? Eh, same deal. She rummaged around through the movies she had tossed in, skipping over the couple of musicals she had accidentally tossed in. The Notebook? He might kill her for making him sit through that. But maybe he hadn't seen it or heard of it yet - some guys hadn't! She nearly chose it, but then she saw The Ugly Truth sitting on the bottom of the tote and she grinned.

Perfect.

She plucked it up and went over to the TV, turning it on and popping the movie in, then tossing the case back in the tote so that Chase wouldn't know what it was before it started.

"Come on, Sparkle Pants!"
Back to top Go down
Iliana
Staff Member
Staff Member
Iliana

PostSubject: Re: The Bucket List   The Bucket List - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2013 11:39 pm

The tee shirt plan was not going so well. In the specific drawer where his shirts one, he could not find a regular, no collared tee to save his life. All of them were folded neatly, collar shooting out in the front. Polo, AE, some other brands he had no idea how to pronounce. They were all too dressy to be thrown in front of a pair of dark grey and black basket ball shirts. A swore tickled the tip of his tongue while he turned over to look at the bulging pile of dirty clothes pushing against his side wall. Half if not all of his t-shirts had to be submerged in there some where.

"This is nice,"he commented to himself, balled fist resting on the downward slope of the skin of his stomach. Chewing on his lip for a while didn't come up with a solution to the problem. There was still no shirt and a girl waiting a few steps down for him. She called up to him while he was midway through rubbing his right temple. There was nothing for it. He was going to have to go topless.

"Hold your cookies, Mom! I'm comin'!" On his way to the door, he passed his reflection in the mirror and frowned at himself, one foot suspended in midair. There was a large, overly embarrassing cow lick doing the macarena on top of his hair. Hali must ave seen that and still didn't say anything! He didn't get it. When one girl had a make-up emergency, her girl friend was quick to comment on it to help her out and not get herself embarrassed by the general public. Hali was just gonna let him go the whole day with his hair looking like the Leaning Tower of Pisa.

Nothing a little swab of hair gel on both hemispheres of his head couldn't fix. His sticky fingers ruffled through his hair, pointing it in a 'wave' at the top of hair. He even added a little bit of water to take away from the starchy feeling gel created when left to harden over a long period of time. 3 minutes had passed since he called down to her before he finally made his way down the stairs, scratching the side of his chest that had began to itch from the napkin cleaning.

"Speaking of Moms, you might want to mute your phone,"he commented, sliding her a joking smile while he flipped onto the couch she sat on, watching the previews of the movie zip through the TV. "I bet she'd even call you this early, wouldn't she?"

The Bucket List - Page 3 Tumblr10
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: The Bucket List   The Bucket List - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 12:27 am

"I'm already holding the cookies!" Halimae called out, laughing. It was true. She had the pack of Oreos in her lap and she was happily tugging them apart one by one to munch the cookie side and savor the cream side. Heaven. Her mother would probably have a stroke if she knew how much sugar her daughter was going to devour today, but Hali wasn't worried. She knew her own limits and would be paying attention. It wouldn't do her any good to go into a coma on Chase's couch when she was trying to pretend she was just some normal girl, now, would it?

Right as she was going to yell at Chase again, he appeared, plopping down next to her like it was nothing. There wasn't really much of a wardrobe improvement, though it did look like he had fixed his hair. He was still topless, however, which gave her ample opportunity to eye his body - which she resisted! Barely. What was the point in even going upstairs? She just laughed and shook her head.

"I already took care of it. I doubt she'd call this early anyway, she knows I do checks in the morning," she said dismissively, hitting 'play' on the remote as the title screen popped up. Once the opening credits started, she offered him the Oreo pack and smiled. "You ever just want to sit around and watch Disney movies all day?"
Back to top Go down
Iliana
Staff Member
Staff Member
Iliana

PostSubject: Re: The Bucket List   The Bucket List - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 9:58 pm

He took her word on the explanation on her mother but couldn't scratch the feeling that there was more about the two of them that she wasn't letting on. Women could be fortresses like that; unrelenting to let out even the smallest detail about their life and family, especially if it's with someone of the opposite sex. All his life, the chicks at his high school only stuck with him on a name-to-name basis, save for a few geeky female friends he had tagging along with him since they were in elementary school. Other than that, a girl had never 'given the dirt' on things about her life to Chase. He wondered why that was. Did he automatically come off as untrustworthy or something?

Must have been the hair.

Chase bit on his lip and tried to pat down the wave above his forehead as if that was the reason she wouldn't tell more than she was letting on. Then again, the two had only just met a few hours before. There was no reason for him to be so expectant of a complete stranger. A preview for 'The Incredible Hulk' blasted in his ears, causing him to grab the remote and turn the volume up even higher. He liked his movies loud.

"Yeah, you know me. Cool Guy Chase likes to sip his Pepsi and watch his Fox and the Hound. Then, after a long day of making finger sandwiches, I wind down with a little bit of Wall-E,"he commented, snatching an Oreo that she plucked from the bag, popping half of it into his mouth.

"And when I'm feeling really zazzy, I like to watch a little bit of..."he dropped his voice to a whisper, winking at her as if he were revealing a dark secret about himself, "... Pocahontas~" Even though they were talking about Disney movies, not one of the previews were an animated film. He took notice of that but decided not to make a huge deal about it. Hali always had a trick up her sleeve it seemed.

"So, what we watchin'? 40 Year Old Virgin? Because if we are, that's crude."
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: The Bucket List   The Bucket List - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 10:32 pm

Halimae laughed and chucked a cookie at him after he stole hers, shaking her head. He was obviously joking, but it was rather hilarious to picture him all curled up on this couch alone - maybe even with a teddy bear! - watching Pocahontas defend good ol' John Smith. Maybe Chase even shed a tear or two over the emotional bits. She wouldn't doubt it.

Since he was so flamboyant, and all.

"No, we aren't watching 40 Year Old Virgin," she assured him, picking up the remote and hitting 'play' to skip the rest of the previews and the disc menu. She set it back on the table and leaned back against the cushions with another Oreo.

"I just always thought it'd be awesome to sit around and do nothing but pig out and watch Disney movies. They're my favorite," she admitted with a smile, looking over at him. "I plan on doing that someday. It's on my list, number eight," she informed him, half laughing as she turned her focus back to the movie that was just starting.
Back to top Go down
Iliana
Staff Member
Staff Member
Iliana

PostSubject: Re: The Bucket List   The Bucket List - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 11:24 pm

"You have a list? For what?" He didn't get two seconds into staring at her light flecks of freckles until--

"You! Change your mind! Like a girl! Changes clothes~!"

"No way..." It was bad enough that he knew what movie he was watching sheerly by the first song that played. In his defense, his mother had that movie on repeat for three days in a row when she and her book club decided to "show the men" what a real man was like. Their task was to blast a chick flick to the loudest volume their televisions could go, in hopes that the men would take a hint and change into incredibly handsome sex gods from the movies.

He slipped her a piercing gaze, even going so far as to lean closely and squint his as, trying to peer into her soul.

"...Who set you up to do this? Am I on Candid Camera? I swear, if Ashton Kutcher jumps out from behind my couch to tell me I'm Punk'd..."he said, going so far as to lean his body backwards to look behind his couch.
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: The Bucket List   The Bucket List - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 8:36 am

"Oh, hush," Hali laughed, throwing an Oreo at him. "You seriously can't complain about this one. Yeah, the music is annoying, but this movie is like the ultimate megaphone for guys. You get to actually watch a guy tell a woman how annoying we are, and it somehow still has a happy ending."

His reaction amused her, and made her wonder if he had seen it before. If he had and truly didn't want to watch it, she really wouldn't care if he picked out a different one. It was his house and she liked all of the movies she owned. He should be happy that she didn't put Phantom of the Opera or something like that in there. She grinned a little at the thought and looked over at Chase.

"What more could you ask for?"
Back to top Go down
Iliana
Staff Member
Staff Member
Iliana

PostSubject: Re: The Bucket List   The Bucket List - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 9:24 pm

"I could ask for a better movie, that's what,"he mumbled lowly, peeling the Oreo off of his stomach and popping it into his mouth whole like it was nothing. Cool Guy Chase that takes Oreos like a man. He chewed on his cookie with a pout, propping his feet on the coffee table in front of him while the song played on and the names of the actors and actresses slipped across the screen with little heart shapes inserted in them. He knew the movie by the font and the song, and whether that was okay for a guy to do or not was not his concern. Besides, the only reason it was so familiar to him was because of his mother and her book club leeches blasting chick flix at full blast.

Though that still didn't explain why he chose to watch it on his own time when they weren't there.

"I can do that on a daily basis, you know. I don't necessarily have to watch a movie to put women on blast. That kind of thing is easy." he said, sliding a n innocent smile to her. "But you're the guest. I'll humor you."

And humor her he did. When the movie rolled on, he mouthed some of the words, matching the expression and pretty much lip sync most of the part. He even did some of the same actions, some which he kept to himself, of course. Other parts, he watched in silence, knowing what was going to happen but still intrigued and interested, so as to not to ruin Hali and her watching. On occasion, he leaned over her to steal an Oreo or two until he was sure the entire packet was gone by the two of their feasting.

During the hotel scene, he tapped her shoulder, motioning with his head to her tote.

"Got any chips?"
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: The Bucket List   The Bucket List - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 10:09 pm

Halimae had her attention divided. On one hand, she did watch most of the movie as it went along on the screen. However, she had seen it before, so she wasn't paying strict attention as if she didn't know what would happen. Instead, she kept glancing over at Chase when he wasn't looking, watching him as he mouthed words or did discreet little mimicking actions to himself. For somebody who had seemed to hate the movie in the beginning, he sure seemed to know it well.

Closet gayness. He just wanted to hide it.

"Of course I do. I've got all the hookups, Gayse," she said lightly, grinning to herself as she reached down and pulled a big bag of nacho Doritos out of the tote. She sat back up and plopped them in his lap, giving him a cute and innocent smile. Payback for earlier.

She went back to watching the movie for all of ten minutes before she looked over at him again, now distracted.

"Have you ever gone out of the country?"
Back to top Go down
Iliana
Staff Member
Staff Member
Iliana

PostSubject: Re: The Bucket List   The Bucket List - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 4:08 am

"Hey, Hali. I think you said my name wrong,"he threw in, his eyes glued to the screen in an attempt not to laugh at her little joke, "It's Chase with a "ch". Not a G." The bag of chips were popped on his lap for his enjoyment, along with one of Hali's many smiles. This one was of innocence which he did not buy after she said what she said. He caught her little slip and stuck his tongue out at her while he worked on opening the bag of chips.

It was quiet for some time until she interrupted the movie with her question. It was odd, out of nowhere, and not typically something you would ask someone you've just met. Gray eyes hovering towards hers, he lifted a single brow, slipping half of a Dorito into his mouth.

"Yeah? I went to Italy. Gorgonzola. It was a pretty place, no big deal or anything. I got one of those 'Greetings from Italy!' magnets on the fridge if you want to see it," he commented, pointing his thumb towards the darkened kitchen. "Why? The movie made you think about this one time when you were in Paris or somethin'?"
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: The Bucket List   The Bucket List - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 9:14 am

"Really? Italy? Oh, I've heard it's beautiful there. My mother used to tell me that for my twentieth birthday, she'd take me to Venice and we could stay at Hotel Danieli, and do nothing but shop all day. Hard to believe that's the same woman who nags now, huh?"

It was true, that had been promised at one point.. before. Before all of this. Now it was out the window. She wasn't going to live to her twentieth birthday, so what was the point of planning for it?

"No," she said with a bit of a laugh as he asked about Paris. "I've actually never been out of the states. Was just wondering, that's all," she explained with a little shrug, pulling a bag of licorice twists out of the tote and unraveling one with her fingers.
Back to top Go down
Iliana
Staff Member
Staff Member
Iliana

PostSubject: Re: The Bucket List   The Bucket List - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat May 11, 2013 8:15 pm

"That's depressing."

He didn't sound like he meant it, but he really did. Every kid had that promise in life to go somewhere and would never go, parents tailing a truck load of excuses along the end that the kid totes with them their entire life. Rain was the reason they couldn't go to Water Wavers. A fuel pump going bad in the car was the reason they wouldn't be able to make it to Orlando Studios in the month to come. I just got promoted to my new job so we'll have to hold off for the beach because Daddy is going to make better money so that we can go to 6 beaches. The older you get, the less you tended to care about the reason why. The excitement to go was lost among the sea of doubt, and, before you know it, adulthood responsibilities was knocking at your doorstep with a uniform and McDonald's name plate in hand.

"And no, it's not really hard to believe that. Mom's tend to change more than Dad's, believe it or not. Apparently, women are the reason most divorces happen because they get bored quicker than dudes do. Men stay content with having a shitty marriage. Women want out and something different and new and shiny,"he recited, remembering overhearing the conversation of his mother's club. "I'm not saying your Mom doesn't wanna be married. I'm just saying they're quicker to change than men are."

A blare of arguing words from the tv cut his speech short, shoving cracked Dorito into his mouth. "This movie is a contradiction though. That's just Hollywood for ya."
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: The Bucket List   The Bucket List - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 11:15 am

Halimae shrugged a little, not really responding as she watched the movie. It was depressing, maybe, but only because of her situation that he didn't know about. There were a lot of promises that went unkept in her house, and the promise of Venice was just the beginning. Trips, parties, camp, lessons.. She missed out on so much. At first it was because she was sick and made so many trips to the hospital that keeping up attendance for anything was impossible. They had to cancel a trip to Alaska because of it once, and they never attempted a vacation again. After that, it wasn't Hali's fault. It was her mother. She became so concerned with her daughter's welfare and so obsessive about protecting the dying girl that she didn't allow Halimae the freedom to even breathe without being monitored.

She hated it. But most of all, she hated The Look.

Every single person with a terminal illness knows The Look. So do people who recently lost somebody close to them, though that's a bit different. The Look is achieved when somebody realizes how much your life sucks compared to theirs, and they feel bad for you. They might not realize it, but the expression conveys sorrowful pity. On top of that, there's always a little glimmer in their eyes - a little tiny speck of relief. Well thank goodness it's not me, I couldn't handle something like that. Good thing it's her instead. I'm so lucky to be healthy and perfect.

She realized that she wasn't listening to Chase, and she glanced at him as he announced women were quicker to change than men. Figuring he was talking about her comment about her mother, she shrugged and looked back at the screen as the two main characters argued. Again.

"That's what movies are supposed to be. Contradictions that make us forget real life. Why do you think there's almost always a happy ending?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Bucket List   The Bucket List - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Bucket List
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Agasaria :: Roleplay :: Modern Roleplays :: One-on-One Modern Roleplays-
Jump to: