Agasaria
Welcome back!

If you're new and registering today, don't forget to post an intro thread in our Hello, Sunshine category so we can all say hello! Thanks!
Agasaria
Welcome back!

If you're new and registering today, don't forget to post an intro thread in our Hello, Sunshine category so we can all say hello! Thanks!
Agasaria
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Agasaria

A writing site for newbies and veterans alike - we welcome open roleplaying with any genre and skill level welcome, as well as writers of short stories, creative pieces, poetry, workshops, and more!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
AuthorMessage
Cromag410
Cromag410

Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2014 11:38 pm

Einar smiled broadly as he reached to each of her maidens and placed them infront of himself. "Then we will train you, and stand by your side as you fell your enemies with strength and compassion." Smile given as he reached forward and poked Amalie above her heart. "True strength is not having the ability to kill, but the ability for mercy."
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2014 11:46 pm

Amalie tilted her head slightly and looked down at her chest, then back up at Einar. Mercy? There was no way she was ever going to be able to kill anybody and she knew it. Fight, maybe.. but she doubted she'd ever do it with the actual intention of hurting anybody. Perhaps that meant she was strong already, she thought with a silent laugh. All mercy and no killing!
Back to top Go down
https://agasaria.rpg-board.net
Cromag410
Cromag410

PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2014 11:49 pm

Einar smiled and he pointed to the weapon rack. "I want you to find the heaviest sword that you can find, and still wield in one hand. Please bring it to me." Einar stood there with his arms crossed over his chest, obviously the Jarl saw something in her, as well as the maidens around him.
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2014 11:52 pm

Amalie nodded and went over to the rack, inspecting the swords. She picked up one that seemed bigger than last time, but she could still hold it fairly easily. Setting that one down, she picked up the next largest one and nearly toppled over. Hm, probably not a good choice. She put that one away and picked up the first one, then took it back over to Einar.
Back to top Go down
Cromag410
Cromag410

PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2014 11:55 pm

Einar smiled at this and winked at Amalie. "Now, I want you to perform the three strikes that I showed you earlier. Imagine your opponent again, without a weapon and arms. Get used to imagining your weapon going through your opponent. We will correct your mistakes as you make them." Einar watched Amalie, wondering if she'd obey or if she'd throw a fit.
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2014 11:58 pm

Amalie blinked in surprise and paused, glancing down at the wooden sword with a thoughtful frown. Just imagining it going through somebody made her uncomfortable. She suspected Einar might know that. But it wasn't just the thought of the gore that bothered her. She looked back up at him and tilted her head with a frown.

"I wouldn't strike somebody with a sword if they weren't armed."
Back to top Go down
Cromag410
Cromag410

PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 12:03 am

Einar nods as he looks at her. "Yes, but I haven't taught you any defense from even a bare-handed opponent. Only the strike. If it comes to a situation where you must defend yourself with a weapon, it is better to strike with practiced accuracy than flail around and flee like a coward." Einar looked into her eyes. "You don't have to be a weapon of killing, murder, and gore, you can go through life practicing and only having to use your weapon once. It is better to know how to use something, and understand it, than feign ignorance."
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 12:06 am

Amalie nodded slightly, looking away. She still felt uneasy about this whole thing. It just felt.. wrong. She knew she wouldn't be able to properly concentrate unless she pictured her opponent with a weapon, even if they weren't striking. So, that's what she did. She got in her stance, pretended that the other person had a sword as well and were merely distracted. Then she went through the movements. It was a lot harder than she was expecting. The sword was heavy and cumbersome compared to moving with only her hands. She nearly dropped it before recovering quickly.
Back to top Go down
Cromag410
Cromag410

PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 12:26 am

Einar nodded, making the usual corrections. Even with a heavy sword she has to square her shoulders, flick her wrist, lower her center of gravity, not lean, and reminding her to watch the body. "We attack the shoulders, chest, and abs because that is where the body stores it's organs, arteries, and all that important stuff. It is more dangerous to strike the body, than the head. Sure, you can get a one hit kill in the head, but it's so damned hard to hit. Take it from me, these calloused hands are stained with blood....hopefully blood you'll never have to see."
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 12:33 am

Amalie nodded a little, attempting the corrections, but she was honestly exhausted. This was more work in a day than she had ever done, and it had piled on fast with running and sparring and now a sword that she could barely manage. She did pay attention to what Einar was saying, but she had to hold back a yawn as she shifted her body and moved through the motions yet again with the new corrections in place.

"Okay," she agreed simply, moving back to try again.
Back to top Go down
Cromag410
Cromag410

PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 12:53 am

Einar smiled, looking up and judging they had been out here long enough. "Alright then, I think it's lunch time. What do you say Amalie? Want to train more or eat some lunch?" Einar asked, smirking as he figured he already knew the answer.
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 1:05 am

"Neither," she decided, going over to take care of the sword and immediately flopping down on the soft grass afterward.
Back to top Go down
Cromag410
Cromag410

PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 1:09 am

Einar laughs and nods to her. walking over to kneel and then lay by her. Hands behind his head as he looked up into the clearish blue sky. Clouds blowing by in the breeze, the sound of trees rustling and animals going about their lives. People could be heard as the soft sounds of chores and bustling trade is carried upon the wind.
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 1:12 am

Amalie laid in content silence for a while, watching a cloud slowly skitter by as she just relaxed. Her body didn't ache much yet, but she knew it would be far worse later - as well as her jaw. It was probably bruised. For some reason she didn't care very much about it. She smiled a little to herself, letting the stress and tension ease from her muscles before she turned her head and looked over at Einar.

"Einar? Have you ever heard something that wasn't really there?"
Back to top Go down
Cromag410
Cromag410

PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 1:15 am

Einar's eyes widened and his face seemed to freeze for a moment before he nodded his head and breathed in deeply. "All the time...I hear....all the time." Words spoken quietly as he looks over at Amalie and looks her in the eyes. "I hear the voices of the departed, I hear their anguish and see their faces. Sometimes I even see them follow me around." Looking her still in the eyes. "Killing is more than a word or an act....it wears away at a man."
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 1:19 am

Amalie stared at him for a moment. The departed? As in, dead people? She swallowed and looked away, eyes still wide. Had she heard a dead person earlier? The thought made her feel sick. But who had it been? And who was it directed to? Obviously not her. Her name wasn't Kadlin. She frowned in confusion and tried to ignore the thoughts, searching for something else to focus on, but she was coming up with nothing.

".... Are you hungry?"
Back to top Go down
Cromag410
Cromag410

PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 1:23 am

Einar breathed in and sighed at her silence. "I have been raiding and warring since I was young, around fourteen or fifteen. I have always been a large child, I was actually training at the age of six because I was as large and smart as an eight year old." Chuckle given as he raised a large right hand to the sky, grabbing at the clouds. "I was smart, so book studies came naturally, and my size made me a force to be reckoned with. Metal armor, large swords, spears, pole arms, axes, maces, and shields didn't hinder me at all." Looking over at Amalie. "I have known violence, and I have known peace, I have known strife and I have known prosperity." Smile given as I leaned over and kisses Amalie's nose. "I want you to defend yourself, not be like me.....I will slay all your problems for you that you may only know comfort and peace." Smile given to her.

"Yeah, I could eat."
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 1:26 am

"I hope that you never have to slay anything or anybody for me," Amalie said, giving him a bit of a smile. "I don't want to add to bloodshed. I'd be perfectly content if neither of us ever had to kill, or kill again," she added, though she knew it was insane to even think that could happen. Still, it was a pleasing idea. She sat up and looked over at him. "Let's go eat."
Back to top Go down
Cromag410
Cromag410

PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 1:30 am

Einar smiled as he looked at her. "I may, or I may not. This world is ripe with strife and violence, I will not say I will give up the blade and live a normal life. I'm a viking, I can't be normal." Looking over at her. "You will be safe though, even safer than within the mightiest of fortresses." Einar rose with Amalie, reaching over with his arms to scoop her up, setting her atop his broad shoulders as he headed for the long house.
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 1:32 am

Amalie blinked and laughed a little, feeling like a child. Never before had she been so high, other than the night before when he told her to touch the stars. She tipped her head back and looked up, wondering absently if she could capture one of the lazily drifting clouds. Hmm.. Probably not. She certainly felt tall enough to reach them, though. Smiling, she started putting several little braids in his hair to both amuse herself and occupy her hands as he walked.
Back to top Go down
Cromag410
Cromag410

PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 1:39 am

Einar laughed softly as he felt her braiding her hair. "In Viking culture we braid our hair and our beards." Chuckle given as he looked up at her. "So by all means, feel free to braid my hair." Long strides bringing them every closer to the long house, her maidens following dutifully behind them.
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 1:42 am

"It's a shame I don't have any ribbon with me to put bows on the ends," Amalie mused with a grin, adding more braids to keep her fingers busy. This was something she did with ease, thanks to long practice and lazy afternoons spent avoiding her tutors for as long as possible. She ducked her head when they went inside, wanting to be careful about being knocked off now that she felt like a giant. Honestly, she wasn't hungry, but she knew Einar was. So she'd sit and let him eat and pretend she had an appetite.
Back to top Go down
Cromag410
Cromag410

PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 2:00 am

Einar laughs and shook his head, loosening all the braids she just made. "We use iron clasps, some are etched with family and protection runes." Reaching up Einar would pick her up off his shoulders and held her. When he made it to his chair he would set her on his lap. Smiling up at her as they were given a table. The table was set as it usual was, various meats, vegetables, and this time there were glasses of varying meads of varying strengths.
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 2:08 am

"But you would look gorgeous with some pink silky ribbons in your hair!" Amalie exclaimed, laughing. She settled into his lap comfortably, glad that she wasn't being made to sit next to him instead again as she had been that morning. The only think she picked up was a cup of mead, which immediately made her feel warm. She barely noticed the sting in her throat anymore.
Back to top Go down
Cromag410
Cromag410

PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 2:25 am

Einar smiled as he wrapped his arms around her. As always he ate voraciously, though managing not to spill anything on her. Sipping and scooping soups and stews, cutting and devouring meats, as well as eating the cooked vegetables served with it. Looking up at her as she drank her mead he smiled at this, glad that she was becoming accustomed to this life. It saddened him how he had to go about it, but in the end he believed it was better. If not....his neck was on the line. Wiping his mouth he smiled at her and leaned up to kiss Amalie again. Of course he tasted of his food, but also of the sweet and spiced mead that was his favorite.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 13 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter
Page 13 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Agasaria :: Roleplay :: Romance Roleplays :: One-on-One Romance Roleplays-
Jump to: