Agasaria
Welcome back!

If you're new and registering today, don't forget to post an intro thread in our Hello, Sunshine category so we can all say hello! Thanks!
Agasaria
Welcome back!

If you're new and registering today, don't forget to post an intro thread in our Hello, Sunshine category so we can all say hello! Thanks!
Agasaria
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Agasaria

A writing site for newbies and veterans alike - we welcome open roleplaying with any genre and skill level welcome, as well as writers of short stories, creative pieces, poetry, workshops, and more!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A Tale As Old As Time

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Colin
Colin

A Tale As Old As Time - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Tale As Old As Time   A Tale As Old As Time - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2013 3:30 am

As I look at the crest, I feel like I recognize it from somewhere, but I can't place where. I push the thought aside and focus on the rest of the pendant. The polished silver gleams in the firelight and the reflections of flames dance across the gem, revealing a beautiful clarity I hadn't seen before. The piece itself is impeccable, obviously made by a master jeweler. Judging by the quality, it was made for someone of royal blood, but this girl descended from that line? Who was she. Wait, what family did she say the crest was for?

"Did you say the Arcata family? I've heard that name before, a really long time ago. Far before you were born and even before I looked like this. You may not believe it but I used to be a great and handsome wizard in my time."
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: A Tale As Old As Time   A Tale As Old As Time - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2013 9:14 am

Rosalyn nodded and fastened the pendant back around her neck where it resumed the before glittering and reflecting the firelight. She smiled up at him and tilted her head.

"A wizard? Reallly? Huh. My mother says that magic hasn't existed for years and that it's all because of a curse," she said, sitting back and finishing her tea contentedly. "That is really amazing that you've heard my family name before. There aren't many of us around. We're always easy to find, though, since we all have white hair," she giggled.
Back to top Go down
https://agasaria.rpg-board.net
Colin
Colin

PostSubject: Re: A Tale As Old As Time   A Tale As Old As Time - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 12:46 pm

"It hasn't existed for years. I was the last wizard of any note. I am the last wizard. However, I can't do any magic in this form and especially without my wand. I lost it in the woods at least 10 years ago but I gave up trying to find it. Unless someone finds it, I'm stuck like this."

I finish my tea and look back at the fire longingly. I want to be human again. I want to be able to leave this place without being feared like a monster or slaughtered like a lowly animal.
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: A Tale As Old As Time   A Tale As Old As Time - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 6:36 pm

Rosalyn paused. His wand? That must have been the polished stick she found in the layers of mud and rain outside. For some reason, she didn't want to tell him that she had it just yet. Surely there was a reason that he was like this, right? She couldn't remember the details of that old story.. Tilting her head a little, she put her empty teacup aside.

"Why are you like this and not a human?"
Back to top Go down
Colin
Colin

PostSubject: Re: A Tale As Old As Time   A Tale As Old As Time - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 28, 2013 1:45 pm

I sigh. Am I really going to have to tell this story? I can't really see a way around it, other than the fact that I really don't want to. Oh well. I guess I have to tell how I became this monster.

"Long ago, I was called on to save a large kingdom. I managed to do it. As a reward, the king offered me one of his daughters as a wife. However, none of the girls were particularly pretty. I chose the prettiest one and brought her back here. I had come up with a spell to increase her beauty tenfold. I didn't expect her to resist. The spell backfired onto me and turned me into a hideous beast. The girl ran screaming from the house and I never saw her again. The years I've spent alone have changed me though. I've learned my lesson the hard way, to say the least."
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: A Tale As Old As Time   A Tale As Old As Time - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 9:06 am

"I remember that story. My mother used to tell it to me nearly every night when I was younger," Rosalyn said, realizing that she recognized it. "I had no idea that it was real. She told me all about the 'shallow magician'.. That is what most call you now, I'm afraid. I thought it was a story to keep children from only admiring the prettiest people, not a real tale.."

She tilted her head a little and gazed at the fire. He had been powerful once but it was obvious that he was no longer that way. She held his object of power, though he didn't know it, and now she really didn't think that giving it back to him was wise. He claimed to have learned his lesson, but had he really? There was no way to test him and she didn't want to break this curse if it wasn't meant to be. Maybe she should just go bury the wand in the mud in the morning and let him find it on his own..

"What did you save the kingdom from?" she asked absently as she thought through the issue.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Tale As Old As Time   A Tale As Old As Time - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Tale As Old As Time
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2