Agasaria
Welcome back!

If you're new and registering today, don't forget to post an intro thread in our Hello, Sunshine category so we can all say hello! Thanks!
Agasaria
Welcome back!

If you're new and registering today, don't forget to post an intro thread in our Hello, Sunshine category so we can all say hello! Thanks!
Agasaria
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Agasaria

A writing site for newbies and veterans alike - we welcome open roleplaying with any genre and skill level welcome, as well as writers of short stories, creative pieces, poetry, workshops, and more!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

All of time and space, everything that ever happened or ever will...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
The Doctor
The Doctor

All of time and space, everything that ever happened or ever will... Empty
PostSubject: All of time and space, everything that ever happened or ever will...   All of time and space, everything that ever happened or ever will... I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2013 11:31 pm

Who is The Doctor?:

I want to do an episodic Doctor Who roleplay. The great thing about Doctor Who roleplays are that you don't need to know anything about Doctor Who before you start. In fact, going in blind will actually put you and your character more squarely in the role of the companion, who generally doesn't know much of the universe before starting. For the first episode, The Doctor will be traveling alone and searching for a new companion. The candidates for that will be the characters made by the participants in the roleplay. If a character is selected, he/she will return in the next episode. The owners of the characters not selected will play new parts in the following episodes. If no one is selected, everyone rerolls and tries again in episode 2.

I'm looking for no more than three participants. Applicants must use proper grammar and punctuation, as well as capitalization. They must also be able to post at least once a week. You will apply in the form of a character sheet.

Name: Exactly what it says on the tin

Physical Description: What do they look like?

Personality: How do they act? What do they like, what do they hate, what do they do for fun?

Planet of Origin: You should be able to figure this out

Species Traits: In general, what does the species as a whole look like? Do they resemble humans? Are they reptilian? Anything.

Description of Society: What is the society like on the home planet? Are they peaceful? Warlike? Are they masters of commerce? You choice.

For the purpose of bringing everyone together on one planet, each species must have some of interplanetary travel, whether it's their own or from another species.
Back to top Go down
Phoenix
Phoenix

Location : My mind's on the Tardis, my body's most likely in a classroom...

PostSubject: Re: All of time and space, everything that ever happened or ever will...   All of time and space, everything that ever happened or ever will... I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 30, 2013 11:33 pm

I'm somewhat interested in the idea... Can applications still be accepted?
Back to top Go down
The Doctor
The Doctor

PostSubject: Re: All of time and space, everything that ever happened or ever will...   All of time and space, everything that ever happened or ever will... I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 30, 2013 11:43 pm

Of course.

Given the lack of interest up to this point, it may be a good idea to make this a 1x1.

Lets have your character sheet.
Back to top Go down
Phoenix
Phoenix

PostSubject: Re: All of time and space, everything that ever happened or ever will...   All of time and space, everything that ever happened or ever will... I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2013 12:29 am

I'll get it to your tomorrow, after I write it out. I have an idea... I need to write out said idea... I was planning an RP of my own all day. Very Happy
Tomorrow, tomorrow, someone shalt be created...
Back to top Go down
The Doctor
The Doctor

PostSubject: Re: All of time and space, everything that ever happened or ever will...   All of time and space, everything that ever happened or ever will... I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2013 2:58 am

Alright. I'll wait. *waits*
Back to top Go down
Phoenix
Phoenix

PostSubject: Re: All of time and space, everything that ever happened or ever will...   All of time and space, everything that ever happened or ever will... I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2013 11:11 am

Name: Viper

Physical Description+Personality (it just kinda got written in...): Viper has green-gray eyes and a heart shaped face. Her nose, which she often refers to as 'it', is a small thing, almost disproportional to her normal sized ears.
Despite her reptilian name, Viper usually looks like a human with two small bands of snake skin fused into her skin. While in her human form (see species traits), one band is one her wrist and the other is right above her elbow.
The rest of her skin is a slightly tanned white. Coupled with her short black hair and the two silver studs she always has in each ear, Viper is often teasingly described as Emo. It doesn't help that her favorite color is black, and that she likes wearing silver chains as necklaces.
Viper has a deeper voice than most girls. Unfortunately, this causes her to be more off tune when singing songs than most girls.
Viper has always believed that door frames mock her, partially because she can't transform (if you haven't, read species traits) into anything larger than a normal orc (the Kreen's main battle form; eight feet tall). It doesn't help that she is shorter than most adult Kreens at six feet tall, and that doors are typically ten feet tall.
Her shortness doesn't always go unloved though. Her favorite past time, screwing around in the forest in her Kreen form, uses her height to her advantage, making it easier to avoid branches while swinging around.
She recently graduated Trans. Training, a school-like time in every Kreen's life where they are taught the basics of society on many planets and how to use the Kreen ability to transform properly.
Ever since she graduated, Viper has found life to be a free thing. She can often be found firing admittedly lame jokes off at her friend, or doing some sort of almost illegal stunt. She's carefree in the biggest sense of the word, and rarely gets serious. Even those times where Viper is serious, half of them are to make a grudging comment at an inanimate object.

Planet of Origin: Mentra

Species Traits: The Kreen are a human-like species. However, their transformative abilities set them apart from humans. The Kreen can become anything from small Femair- a creature that can be described as a small white mouse with black bat wings- to the largest and most intelligent creatures in the universe.
Kreen typically have some sort of physical distinction from humans, whether that's a fur tail or two long fangs. This distinction is given to a Kreen upon birth, and is something they cannot change in their human-like forms. This helps the Kreen distinguish one another, even if they have transformed into the same human as another.
Their unique birth trait often gives a Kreen a name. With almost infinite species in the universe, each Kreen could be named after a species itself, but many are named after a famous ruler or individual of the species their birthmark represents.
The average height of an adult/late teenager Kreen is seven feet tall. The Kreens become taller than most human-like species because of their transformative abilities (more flesh makes it easier to become a larger creature).
A Kreen's 'base' form is the form that most Kreens live with their entire lives. A base form is the form that a Kreen was born with, and that is required to use for sporting events and schools.

Description of Society: Despite their somewhat infinite power (geee, you hate me? Can beat me? Let's see how you like to battle a supersized orc.), the Kreen aren't a very technologically advanced society. Simple things like electricity are reserved for government officials and the occasional contest winner.
Because of the lack of technology, letters are often delivered by specially trained Femair. On Saturday, the main postal delivery days, the skies of Mentra can often be found carpeted with Femair. This can make almost all travel void because of Femairs' tendency to let themselves go wherever they are.
Fortunately, or unfortunately for some, it often rains on Mentra. Rainfall can average anywhere from two to fourteen inches, sometimes causing the many coasts on Mentra to flood. In such flooding cases, many Kreens just transform into fish and go with the flow until the flood tangles them in one of Mentra's many forests.
The Kreen, and Mentra as a whole, is a very peaceful planet. The only other intelligent race besides the Kreen on Mentra are the Femair, and they coexist peacefully.
Yiune (I-u-ne), a nearby planet hosting the technologically genius race known as Bireh, was and sometimes still is, at war with Mentra. The Bireh detest how the Kreen live without advanced technology, a big change from their computer based homes and country, and are often insulted by that very fact. As time has passed, the Bireh have developed different sorts of things to demolish the Kreen. Most notably is the 'Sap' (officially the Sapiline), a pair of metal wristbands that can be attached to a Kreen to stop them from transforming.
In more recent years, trade between the Bireh and the Kreen has solidified, giving the Kreen accesses to the fabled Transporters. These seemingly harmless, blue, circular, and simple disks hold the one thing that all races desire- easy interplanetary travel. If a substance unique to a planet is placed ontop of the Transporter, the device will search the universe for that matter and transport you to the planet. If a substance is uniquie to two planet, a Transporter will randomly choose one and warp you to that planet. Historically, Transporters are only used in emergencies because of the simple fact that traveling with them can get messy- quickly.

Last edited by Phoenix on Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:26 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Pressed publish too early the first time...)
Back to top Go down
The Doctor
The Doctor

PostSubject: Re: All of time and space, everything that ever happened or ever will...   All of time and space, everything that ever happened or ever will... I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2013 12:53 pm

Very nice, I like it. As soon as I can think of (Or you suggest) a reason for The Doctor to be visiting the planet, we can start.
Back to top Go down
Phoenix
Phoenix

PostSubject: Re: All of time and space, everything that ever happened or ever will...   All of time and space, everything that ever happened or ever will... I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2013 2:33 pm

Uh.... *scans over limited Dr. Who knowledge* Maybe the Daleks attempt to take over the planet? *winces at typical response* Never mind that...
Maybe the Transporter business on Yiune is getting ugly for some reason (interuniverse smuggling, I don't know). The Tardis decides to drag him over to Mentra, since it's half afraid that the Bireh will use some crazy tech to detain the Doctor.
I seriously have no idea...
Back to top Go down
The Doctor
The Doctor

PostSubject: Re: All of time and space, everything that ever happened or ever will...   All of time and space, everything that ever happened or ever will... I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2013 2:44 pm

Hmm...The Doctor generally likes to witness big historical events. He also turns up for fluctuating points in time where things could go either way. Maybe something's happening where another war is about to break out, but The Doctor shows up to witness "The final brokering of interplanetary peace" between Mentra and Yiune. Finding it amiss and detecting a fluctuating point in time, he decides to intervene and push them towards peace.
Back to top Go down
Phoenix
Phoenix

PostSubject: Re: All of time and space, everything that ever happened or ever will...   All of time and space, everything that ever happened or ever will... I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2013 2:56 pm

That would work especially because Mentra and Yiune are still on shaky ground treatywise. Just one event- the accident where there's both a Kreen, and Bireh, and a death- could set off a chain of events.
Sounds good!
Back to top Go down
The Doctor
The Doctor

PostSubject: Re: All of time and space, everything that ever happened or ever will...   All of time and space, everything that ever happened or ever will... I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2013 3:01 pm

Hooray! I shall make the first post...

Probably soon, as my game is downloading a compatibility pack.
Back to top Go down
Phoenix
Phoenix

PostSubject: Re: All of time and space, everything that ever happened or ever will...   All of time and space, everything that ever happened or ever will... I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2013 3:24 pm

No problem! I'll see you on the RP!
Back to top Go down
Iliana
Staff Member
Staff Member
Iliana

PostSubject: Re: All of time and space, everything that ever happened or ever will...   All of time and space, everything that ever happened or ever will... I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2013 5:52 pm

So you're starting regardless of whether you have 3 people or not?
Back to top Go down
The Doctor
The Doctor

PostSubject: Re: All of time and space, everything that ever happened or ever will...   All of time and space, everything that ever happened or ever will... I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2013 5:54 pm

Well, no one else was interested. So I'm taking what I can get.
Back to top Go down
Phoenix
Phoenix

PostSubject: Re: All of time and space, everything that ever happened or ever will...   All of time and space, everything that ever happened or ever will... I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2013 6:50 pm

I'm fine with waiting if someone else is interested. Smile
Back to top Go down
The Doctor
The Doctor

PostSubject: Re: All of time and space, everything that ever happened or ever will...   All of time and space, everything that ever happened or ever will... I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2013 6:56 pm

No, no. I made this interest check weeks ago. One is fine. I've already talked to Iliana and she said she didn't want to join.
Back to top Go down
Phoenix
Phoenix

PostSubject: Re: All of time and space, everything that ever happened or ever will...   All of time and space, everything that ever happened or ever will... I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2013 7:03 pm

Okay! Then I'm just waiting. Smile
Back to top Go down
The Doctor
The Doctor

PostSubject: Re: All of time and space, everything that ever happened or ever will...   All of time and space, everything that ever happened or ever will... I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2013 7:12 pm

I'm working on it, I promise. I'll have it up pretty soon.
Back to top Go down
The Doctor
The Doctor

PostSubject: Re: All of time and space, everything that ever happened or ever will...   All of time and space, everything that ever happened or ever will... I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2013 7:39 pm

Wait no longer, mythical bird creature! The post is up in the sci-fi 1x1 section!
Back to top Go down
Iliana
Staff Member
Staff Member
Iliana

PostSubject: Re: All of time and space, everything that ever happened or ever will...   All of time and space, everything that ever happened or ever will... I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2013 10:06 pm

=(
Back to top Go down
The Doctor
The Doctor

PostSubject: Re: All of time and space, everything that ever happened or ever will...   All of time and space, everything that ever happened or ever will... I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2013 10:09 pm

Don't make that face at me, Iliana. You said no. If you want, you can make a character for this episode, then make one for the next episode who could become a companion.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: All of time and space, everything that ever happened or ever will...   All of time and space, everything that ever happened or ever will... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

All of time and space, everything that ever happened or ever will...
Page 1 of 1