Agasaria
Welcome back!

If you're new and registering today, don't forget to post an intro thread in our Hello, Sunshine category so we can all say hello! Thanks!
Agasaria
Welcome back!

If you're new and registering today, don't forget to post an intro thread in our Hello, Sunshine category so we can all say hello! Thanks!
Agasaria
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Agasaria

A writing site for newbies and veterans alike - we welcome open roleplaying with any genre and skill level welcome, as well as writers of short stories, creative pieces, poetry, workshops, and more!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

War of Peace

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Rokku Hizori
Head Diplomat
Head Diplomat
Rokku Hizori

War of Peace Empty
PostSubject: War of Peace   War of Peace I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 9:41 pm

It is the year 2018 by our calendar. By Dras's, it is the year 456, 456 years after the abolition of all standing armies by every country on the planet. This uneasy peace has come after over a millennium of nearly constant warfare, and there are no armies anymore, but suspicion lurks in every citizen's mind. In this new era, however, an ancient organization known as the Order of Magi enforces the laws of the peace, and of the nations. These men and women wield powerful magics, each born with the gift to tap into this power of nature. The Magi are both feared and respected, respected by the common man, feared by the Order of the Guiding Light, a break-off of the Temple that's sole mission is to destroy the Magi and other "natural sinners". Because of this opposing organization, nearly as old as the Magi, the Guardians, warriors trained with both steel and magic, were established to protect the Magi. Each Guardian is assigned one Magi, and it is then their job to protect them with their life. The Magi protect the people, the Guardians protect the Magi. But for Larius, Prince of Veriun, Dras's largest nation, it is not enough. His father, ill and ready to die at any moment, supports the status quo, but the Prince demands the re-establishment of the standing army. And with tensions between the newly discovered planet earth, this seems all too necessary. In addition to this dangerous prospect, there are also rumors that the Order of the Guiding Light is regaining members and momentum, and threaten not only the Magi, but also the common citizens; who are "Full of sin and sorrow"
Back to top Go down
Rokku Hizori
Head Diplomat
Head Diplomat
Rokku Hizori

War of Peace Empty
PostSubject: Re: War of Peace   War of Peace I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 10:38 pm

War of Peace Reyson17 "And now, ladies and Gentlemen, we welcome a new Magi into our Order. This young man has worked long and hard, and it is truly a miracle that he simply became a Magi, let alone an eight rank Magi, the strongest of them all! May I present to you all, a young man with nothing but a bright future ahead of him, Reyson Griswald!" The High Lord Magi had finished his speech, and I rose as my name was called. Cheers spread through the crowd, though more from teachers than from the Guardians or the Fellow Magi, but they knew enough to know I now outranked almost all of them. I smiled a friendly enough smile, and bowed as the High Lord Magi set the chord of my rank around my neck. Red for energy and Blue for Summoning, the two magics I had mastered in my time here, were intertwined in the rope, and went well with the cool black robes I wore, traditional dress any Magi was expected to wear, though not all did. I turned to look at the crowd, thankful I did not have to make a speech, and said a simple "Thank you." I then turned back to the High Lord Magi, and bowed once more, and then returned to my seat at the left of the stage.
A man next to me, bald and with the features more bereft of a hawk, raised an eyebrow as I sat. He almost venomously whispered "Thank you? You have the chance to say 'Fuck you all, bow to me', and you don't take it? I'm surprised Reyson." The old man said, though I knew this was a sign of affection from the rather angry Magi. "Well Lord Zarius, I'll have plenty of time for that later. Better not to make myself out to be your heir just yet." I said, and we both suppressed the urge to laugh, and then turned out attention back to the High Lord. "I invite you all, Civilians, Magi, Guardians, Initiates, Acolytes, all of you, join us in the garden for a reception, and the assigning of the Guardian shall come in a few hours!" He said, and my expression instantly went sour, and I mentally cursed. Zarius took note, and now released a chuckle as everyone rose to leave. "Forget Magi of rank four or above get Guardians as soon as they're raised? Perk up. I choose the Guardians. You've nothing to worry about." I nodded in response, and rose to leave with the rest.

I made my way to the central doors, where a crowd of people were trying to squeeze through. Even with their massive size, the sheer number of people made them obsolete, and the chatting made it even more so. I waited patiently, then turned as I heard a familiar voice call my name. "Reyson! You did it!" A girl shouted, and then pulled me into a hug. I returned it with as much affection as possible, and gave the girl the largest smile possible. "I did indeed. Can you believe it Amelia? Eight rank!" I said, shaking my head, almost not believing it myself. "We have to celebrate this!" She said excitedly. "We'll toast with the wine! This is the occasion for it! the second we get outside!" She said, laughing at the disgusted look on my face.
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

War of Peace Empty
PostSubject: Re: War of Peace   War of Peace I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 11:08 pm

"If you keep laughing, Zarius is going to hang you up by your balls and let the town kiddies use you for target practice."

The warning fell on deaf ears, as expected. Gabriel rolled his steely blue eyes and just crossed his arms. Why did he bother? There was no stopping Dallan from the whispered gossip about which poor sucker was going to get glued to Reyson. They had been talking about it for days now. The Guardians had been taking bets, trying to guess who it would be. It was no secret that it was one appointment nobody wanted. The one who wanted it the least, however, was Dallan.

He had a different Magi in mind.

"I'm telling you, Gabriel, today's the day. I'm going to make Amelia fall head over heels in love with me," Dallan murmured as he sat back in his seat and tossed his friend an easy grin. His blonde hair was a mess, as usual, which apparently gave him 'charm' according to all the ladies he was always stringing along.

"I don't know, Dallan," Gabriel said doubtfully, hiding a smirk. "I'm pretty sure that even you have to actually speak to a girl before they swoon."

"I know that!" Dallan snapped, pausing as a few surrounding Guardians shushed him. "I do know! And I will talk to her!.. At some point! Possibly today!" he continued in a whisper. Gabriel just chuckled lowly and watched the end of the ceremony. It was a churning mess afterward with all of the bodies, so he and the rest of the Guardians just ducked out the front doors and went around, hopping the fence into the banquet area.

Food time!

Gabriel:
Dallan:
Back to top Go down
https://agasaria.rpg-board.net
Rokku Hizori
Head Diplomat
Head Diplomat
Rokku Hizori

War of Peace Empty
PostSubject: Re: War of Peace   War of Peace I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 11:26 pm

Amelia and I finally made out way through the doors, and out into the open courtyard that stood before the cathedral, and in between the dormitories and offices. The complex was the size of a small village, and when guardians and Magi were all counted, numbered in perhaps thirty-two thousand souls, and those were just the ones stationed in Talu, capitol of Veriun. Across the world, there were millions of Magi and twice as many guardians. The courtyard was full even still, but there were several tables reserved for Magi, and Amelia quickly went to secure one. I made my way to the food, piling a plate with a rich assortment of very expensive foods, Gutai from Buvara, exotic cheeses from Gutatna, and even a few things from earth, including a strange creature that seemed to be a crab with a tail. I took two of these, and made my way back to the table, but not before catching a look at the Guardians-to-be, jumping the walls into the courtyard. I shook my head, and made my way to Amelia.

"The Grunts have no discipline, do they?" I asked her, shaking my head. She glanced over, and laughed. "Lighten the hell up Reyson. They aren't hurting anyone, and most of them are rather good fighters, so let's not piss them off too much, yes?" She said, waving to the far-off group.
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

War of Peace Empty
PostSubject: Re: War of Peace   War of Peace I_icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 9:20 am

Dallan hopped over the wall after Gabriel, immediately running a hand through his messy hair and straightening out his dark brown leather jacket. His eyes were on the ladies, but they didn't linger long. They never did. As always, he traced a beeline to Amelia, which resulted in him seeing her wave. He grinned and nudged Gabriel, nodding toward the girl.

"See that? Proof that she knows about our inescapable love!" he proclaimed quietly.

"Oh? Wow, Dal, I'm glad you told me. I might have thought it was just a friendly wave if you hadn't been there to clear it up for me," Gabriel retorted, brushing a bit of dust from his dark jeans. His best friend was a lovesick idiot, but that was his problem.

"Pah. As if you would know anything about signals from girls," Dallan said, rolling his eyes as he walked with the other Guardians over to the food and started loading up a plate. "I swear you don't even notice all the ladies who fawn over you! Hell, a few even follow you around when we spar! Ever noticed? Huh? It's crazy! I don't get your whole not-following-up-on-those thing," he said, shaking his head.

"Just because I don't chase everything that bats her lashes at me doesn't mean I don't know what I want," Gabriel replied, loading his own plate. Dallan blinked in confusion, and Gabriel just laughed. "Come on. Let's find a table."
Back to top Go down
Rokku Hizori
Head Diplomat
Head Diplomat
Rokku Hizori

War of Peace Empty
PostSubject: Re: War of Peace   War of Peace I_icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 2:46 pm

I brought the food back to the table with Amelia, and we both stared at the odd creatures from earth. "So...how in the world do we eat these things?" She asked, pulling at a claw until it peeled off. I decided to let Amelia be adventurous with the food, and I decided to indulge in the more familiar foods. “Huh…these aren’t bad Reyson. Go get more. A lot more. Three if you would. And some wine.” She said energetically, and I glanced over to see her working on the second after the carcass of the first was bare. “The tail is where the meat is. It’s delicious.” She said, cracking open the tail of the second. I nodded, and rose to go back to the table, avoiding bumping into the large crowd. I gathered three more of the odd creatures as Amelia requested, and a glass of yellow wine. I turned, and nearly ran into two grunts with their plates loaded with food. I bowed my head politely, and flatly said “My apologies, warriors,” the standard response from Magi to Guardian. Even if the Guardians would not stick to tradition, I certainly would.
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

War of Peace Empty
PostSubject: Re: War of Peace   War of Peace I_icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 6:14 pm

"Ack!" Dallan yelped at the near-hit, automatically dropping his plate. It would have tipped on the ground if Gabriel hadn't instinctively raised his leg and caught it on his knee. One roasted cheese-and-herb ball the size of a grape toppled to the ground, and Dallan groaned. "That was going to be my first bite! I thought you were supposed to be the best of us, and here you go, dropping my food.."

"Be thankful you didn't lose the whole plate, you git," Gabriel said dryly, handing the food back to Dallan before grinning at Reyson. "Good job at the ceremony. Been waiting a while for this, huh?"

"Yeah! And you get one of us soon. That must be thrilling. I wonder why you don't seem excited?" Dallan said, munching with his fingers whenever he decided Zarius wasn't looking. The issue was that Zarius was always looking, and Gabriel was willing to wager that there was going to be a scolding later.

"Shut up," he said, cuffing Dallan on the back of the head. "Enjoy, Reyson," he added, going over to a table filled with Guardians.
Back to top Go down
Rokku Hizori
Head Diplomat
Head Diplomat
Rokku Hizori

War of Peace Empty
PostSubject: Re: War of Peace   War of Peace I_icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 11:04 pm

I nodded at Gabriel's question. "I have been. It has been a difficult road, but I have traveled it and reached my destination at last..." I said, and then heard Dallan's...comment. It took a great deal of willpower not to set his hair on fire then and there, but I resisted the urge. Instead, I glared at Dallan as he turned, and mumbled beneath my breath, slowly weaving intricate cracks in his plate, until it finally was so weak it gave in to the weight of the food. "My generous gift to the ants in my honor." I whispered to myself, and turned to head back to my table.
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

War of Peace Empty
PostSubject: Re: War of Peace   War of Peace I_icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 11:16 pm

Gabriel blinked and started laughing as Dallan's pile of food fell to the ground. Ignoring his friend's cursing and groans of frustration, he just waved a hand over the pile and grinned as a chocolate-covered fruit slice hopped up into his grasp.

"Guess you have to go back. Don't mock a Magi, Dal, they're not known for kindness," he teased, munching the treat and sitting down at the table.

Dallan just scowled and grumbled to himself, getting back in line to get himself something new. Stupid Magi. They were all annoying little twits.. Except Amelia, of course. She was just perfection who happened to not be a Guardian. He could totally overlook that.
Back to top Go down
Rokku Hizori
Head Diplomat
Head Diplomat
Rokku Hizori

War of Peace Empty
PostSubject: Re: War of Peace   War of Peace I_icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 3:20 pm

I made my way back to the table with a satisfied look on my face, with Amelia raising an eyebrow in response. "No need to worry. No ones injured or dead." I said, which seemed to placate her, that and the earth creatures that I brought back to the table. I slid the plate toward Amelia, and handed her one of the wine glasses. She smiled, and raised the glass. "To Reyson, who came from barely being able to light a candle to channeling a massive firestorm to smite the Order. Let's hear it for Reyson!" Amelia toasted her glass into mine, and laughed and drank.

The party continued on for a few hours, and those assembled drank ate and danced to pass the time, until the bells rang ten o'clock. Everyone stopped, and turned their attention toward the door leading to the great hall. There, Zarius stood, solemn and imposing, almost as if holding a great secret. As the crowd quieted, Zarius raised his hand to point directly at me, and I rose instantly. I moved to stand next to him, and smiled weakly back at Amelia. Zarius began speaking in a deep, powerful voice. "I am Zarius, High Commander of the Magi Order. I give orders to our Guardians, and use them to keep order. It is I who decides which Guardian is paired with which Magi. For Reyson, that decision has now been made. Will Gabriel please step forward?"
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

War of Peace Empty
PostSubject: Re: War of Peace   War of Peace I_icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 4:28 pm

Gabriel and Dallan spent their time at the gathering doing what most were - having a good time. They ate, Dallan danced with several ladies, then they ate some more. At one point in the middle, they slipped off with a bunch of other Guardians to go spar in the ring and pass the time. Guardians never were known for lasting long at formal events, especially when it involved large groups of Magi all gathered together like that. They just got bored, and wanted something 'fun' to do. Beating the crap out of each other was just right for entertainment.

They came back about five minutes before the bells, and they took their seats like good little Guardians. Earlier they had been placing bets - the crowd favorite for Reyson's Guardian was Rick, a young man who was fairly new but showed a decent amount of promise. He'd never be great, but he would be good at his job, and he was excited to be paired, no matter who it was to.

"What?!" Dallan exclaimed when Gabriel was called, though he quickly ducked his head and covered his mouth when he realized he had spoken aloud.

Gabriel stood up, no surprise on his features even though he hadn't expected to hear his name at all. He brushed a wrinkle from his shirt and walked up to Zarius, bowing his head slightly.

"I am here to serve," he said, as drilled in his head by the man now changing his life. This was going to be interesting.
Back to top Go down
Rokku Hizori
Head Diplomat
Head Diplomat
Rokku Hizori

War of Peace Empty
PostSubject: Re: War of Peace   War of Peace I_icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 7:59 pm

Zarius shot Dallan a look of death, and mouthed the words 'I will deal with you later.' He then turned back to Gabriel, and motioned for him to kneel. "The bond between Magi and Guardian is a bond of brotherhood, created for mutual protection. You do not have to like each other, chances are you won't. I care little for that. The important thing is to keep each other alive. That is your mission, Gabriel. You are hereby promoted to the rank of Captain, a full fledged Guardian with the powers and privileges granted by this promotion. Reyson." Zarius finished, standing a side so that I could step forward.

I looked at the man, trying to keep the look of malice out of my face, and I was not sure if I was succeeding. I slightly inclined my head, just enough to not be disrespectful, and said the words. "I place my life in your hands, warrior." The phrase was simple, every Magi had to say it at one point or another, but I could not take the frigid tone out of it, and I was certain everyone had noticed.
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

War of Peace Empty
PostSubject: Re: War of Peace   War of Peace I_icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2013 8:54 am

After kneeling on one leg and glancing discreetly at Dallan - who was fifty shades of red now, and probably imagining what kind of beating he was going to get - Gabriel looked up at Zarius and listened in silence as he was promoted. It was what he had been aching for, for months, but it felt odd to be getting it now. He had been 'biting at the bit', wanting to hurry up and be assigned because he knew that he was ready, but for some reason Zarius kept picking other Guardians. Ones he could beat in spars and could outrun and everything else. He had started to think the man was holding a grudge, but now here he was.

Come to think of it, maybe he was holding a grudge, because Reyson did not appear thrilled.

"I accept this challenge and shall meet my duty with honor," he said, his tone faintly amused. He had switched the words 'challenge' and 'duty' around purposely, knowing that being paired with Reyson was going to be tough as it was. The kid didn't even look like he wanted a Guardian. Oi.
Back to top Go down
Rokku Hizori
Head Diplomat
Head Diplomat
Rokku Hizori

War of Peace Empty
PostSubject: Re: War of Peace   War of Peace I_icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2013 2:37 pm

My eyes noticeably narrowed at the man kneeling before me, but Zarius continued on. "Then it is done. I shall decide which Squires shall serve under you, Gabriel, but until that time it is up to you. Serve the Order well." And with those finals words, those present went into applause, though it was far from thunderous. Everyone could likely feel the tension in the air, especially Zarius. He walked off, though not before stopping next to Gabriel and whispering "Keep him safe. I know you can." And then continued on, directly toward Dallan, and his voice instantly went from fatherly to angered superior. "HAVE YOU NO THOUGHT PROCESSES IN YOUR HEAD AT ALL?! FIFTY SETS OF THIRTY PUSH-UPS. NOW." He commanded.

I glanced at Gabriel once more, malice still slightly caught in my features. "Well, I suppose we can discuss our first mission tomorrow. Meet at the gates two hours after sunrise." I said flatly, and turned to move back to where Amelia and I were sitting, hoping my new Guardian would refrain from following.
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

War of Peace Empty
PostSubject: Re: War of Peace   War of Peace I_icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2013 7:51 am

Dallan cowered a bit, head hung as he sighed. Damn it. Couldn't Zarius just forget what had happened so they could pretend it was nothing? Of course not. Now he had to be punished. In public. In front of all the ladies he was hoping to talk up for later.

He dropped the second Zarius yelled at him to do push-ups, mentally counting in his head. There was no doubt the bastard would be counting too, so skipping a few hundred wasn't exactly an option.

Meanwhile, Gabriel reached out and tapped Reyson's elbow as he turned. It wasn't a grab, just a light touch to get his attention.

"I don't know why you hate Guardians so much, but you should try and do a better job of hiding it. Maybe they'd pick on you less if you put more effort in," he suggested quietly, glancing at a few Guardians who were laughing together.

After that, he just smiled and bowed his head a fraction, then walked off to go challenge a random buddy to spar.
Back to top Go down
Rokku Hizori
Head Diplomat
Head Diplomat
Rokku Hizori

War of Peace Empty
PostSubject: Re: War of Peace   War of Peace I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 11:44 pm

I glanced at Gabriel as he left, and then over at the Guardians who were snickering, at either me or Gabriel. I smirked, and walked over to them. My voice was cool, and dangerous, appropriate for the power they likely forgot I now wielded. "Something funny gentlemen?" I asked, looking over them, amused when they stopped laughing. "Perhaps you have forgotten the Code of Honor? It is expected, I suppose, and I begin to see why squires are rarely promoted to Guardian-in-Waiting at your age. Perhaps Zarius-" I was interrupted by a sharp clearing of the throat by Amelia, her eyes like daggers staring at me. "Yes Amelia?" I said, less than enthused at her interruption. "Come with me...we've urgent matters to discuss..." She said sharply, and I turned to follow her.

When we were out of earshot, she snapped at me "What was that?! Are you trying to make them hate you and Gabriel? Did you even think of your new Guardian before you decided to try and pull rank on those idiots?" I looked at her, an eyebrow raised, and she sighed. "We're not a military unit Reyson. The Guardians might be disciplined to a fault, but the squires are the farthest thing from it. If they're assigned to Gabriel, and he can't get them to follow orders, its HIS ass on the line, not yours!" I glanced back over at the squires, then back at Amelia, and, defeated, said "Yes, fine...whatever..."
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

War of Peace Empty
PostSubject: Re: War of Peace   War of Peace I_icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2013 9:57 pm

Gabriel was chatting with Dallan about going to spar, when he noticed Reyson approaching a table of Guardians who had been having a laugh - likely at the Magi's expense, and it wasn't hard to see why. Still, he was not pleased when he noticed the expressions of the Guardians as Reyson spoke to them. From this distance, he could also hear his new companion. He frowned as he watched the boy, eying Amelia before turning back to Dallan.

"This is a problem," he muttered, rubbing his face with one hand and trying not to groan.
"Cheer up, Gabriel. At least you're only paired to the nightmare of a Magi. It could be worse," Dallan replied cheerfully, patting his friend on the back. "You could always be paired up with Zarius."
"You're just happy that you haven't been paired up yet," Gabriel said with a grin. "Amelia's already got one, you know. And aren't you supposed to be doing push-ups for the next hour?"
"I did them fast," Dallan shrugged. "I think Zarius got distracted anyway, with some old guy. Oh well. Come on, let's spar."
Back to top Go down
Rokku Hizori
Head Diplomat
Head Diplomat
Rokku Hizori

War of Peace Empty
PostSubject: Re: War of Peace   War of Peace I_icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 11:48 pm

I was beginning to be fed up with the entire system. The Magi kept a wonderful blend of tradition and modernity, all the while remaining disciplined and steady. The Guardians, on the other hand, were an embarrassment. I glanced over at the squires again, and the oafs were already back to pointing and snickering. "They don't respect tradition, they don't respect the Magi, they don't respect the Guardians! Their superiors! If they can't do their jobs what good are they?" I snapped at Amelia. She responded with a sigh, and gently said "Their job is to protect the Magi. That's it. And they do it...usually." She said, looking over the particular group of squires. Chances are, several of them would never be paired, and that was the greatest punishment to receive; to remain a squire after one turned thirty. To be forced to take orders from those years younger, but still ages past you in skill and honor...it was a slap in the face. "Look at it this way: Gabriel's not such a bad guy, I've heard, and Galus, my Guardian, says he's the best fighter to come out of the Guardians in a long time..." She said, and looked over just in time to catch Dallan and Gabriel about to spar. "Perfect!" she shouted, and grabbed my arm and pulled me toward them faster than I was able to protest.
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

War of Peace Empty
PostSubject: Re: War of Peace   War of Peace I_icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 9:22 am

"You know, Gabriel, I've been thinking," Dallan commented absently as he tossed his shirt over the top of the fence that surrounded the dirt sparring area that the Guardians favored. He picked up a rapier, twirling the slender blade in his fingers as he waited for Gabriel to arm himself.

"That's always dangerous for you, isn't it?" Gabriel quipped with a grin, shedding his shirt as well and selecting his weapon without looking at it. Most of the Guardians favored one blade over another, but he had forced himself to be adaptable and able to work with any blade that he found. It might come in handy some day, if he lost his own in a scuffle.

"I've come to the realization that you aren't the best," Dallan went on, airily ignoring Gabriel's retort. He stretched a little and smirked, getting into an offensive stance.

"I completely agree," Gabriel said seriously, his stance remaining relaxed. In fact, his free hand was in his pocket as he eyed his opponent. He knew Dallan's fighting style too well by now to be intimidated. Before he could say anything else, he heard a sound that was definitely an irritated huff. He glanced behind him and saw Amelia there.. with Reyson. Fantastic.

He opened his mouth to respond, but Dallan wasn't even taking the time to stutter over the arrival of his 'beloved'. Instead, he had stepped forward and lashed out to catch the unaware Gabriel. The crunch of dirt under his firm step warned the wiser Guardian, who simply sidestepped and tripped Dallan with the tip of his blade.

"Amelia, Reyson. So pleasant to see you."
Back to top Go down
Rokku Hizori
Head Diplomat
Head Diplomat
Rokku Hizori

War of Peace Empty
PostSubject: Re: War of Peace   War of Peace I_icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 11:42 pm

I bowed very slightly at Gabriel when he spoke, and actually managed to get a smile on my face that didn't appear entirely forced. "Amelia mentioned you had immense martial skill, and so she wished to show me. So far I am most impressed." I said with a welcoming tone. I figured it couldn't hurt to observe Gabriel's ability to fight, could it? I suppose if he was skilled it wouldn't be as terribly annoying to be paired with him. "Let's see what you have, Warrior." I said, taking a step back and preparing for the fight that was about to come.
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

War of Peace Empty
PostSubject: Re: War of Peace   War of Peace I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 09, 2013 10:39 pm

Gabriel smiled a bit, surprised that Reyson would choose to comment on the fact that he was impressed instead of making some sort of unwelcome remark. It was a definite change from what he had heard about and witnessed himself. Perhaps Amelia had spoken to him, or maybe he had just turned over a new leaf in the past hour now that he had a Guardian.

Okay, so the latter was insanely doubtful, but why not?

Dallan got up from being tripped, scooping up his blade and flicking a bit of dirt from his bare chest. He turned to face Gabriel with a grin, not upset in the least that he had taken such a fall. It was his own fault, and his friend had just shown him the weakness. True, it was in front of the one woman that he pined for, but still. A spar was a spar. He twirled his blade thoughtfully, then stepped forward and lashed for Gabriel's left, which he knew was the weaker side.

Gabriel grinned and swept the blade aside, stepping forward and poking Dallan in the ribs with a single finger.

"Touch. You're dead," he said, laughing.
"I am not, you don't have a blade!" Dallan exclaimed.
"I would if this were a real fight," Gabriel pointed out.
"Cheap shot and you know it," Dallan retorted, whacking Gabriel in the back of the knees with his sword. Gabriel fell back but elbowed Dallan in the stomach at the same time, shifting his weight to end up on top of the blonde man.
"Cheap or not, you're still on bottom," Gabriel teased.
Back to top Go down
Rokku Hizori
Head Diplomat
Head Diplomat
Rokku Hizori

War of Peace Empty
PostSubject: Re: War of Peace   War of Peace I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 11:59 pm

I watched the two men trade blows, and Gabriel was clearly the superior fighter. Even when caught by surprise, Gabriel seemed able to turn the fight to his advantage. I glanced over at Amelia, nodding slightly in approval. "Your reputation is truthfully earned, Warrior." I said, looking him up and down. Amelia nudged and whispered in my ear, then laughed at my sudden blush. I gave her a death glare, and then turned back to Gabriel, a genuine smile replacing my frown. "I shall see that you receive the proper equipment for tomorrow. I shall enchant them as best I can." I bowed, a bit lower this time, showing more respect than before. "I look forward to working with you." I said, and then turned to go. Amelia waited for me to get a bit farther ahead, and then quickly moved close enough to Gabriel so that only he could hear her hushed whisper "Don't expect this to last. He's impressed by your skill with the sword, but once he's reminded how un-traditional you are, he'll be grumpy again. Give him some time." She said, granted Dallan a quick smile, and then hurried off behind me.
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

War of Peace Empty
PostSubject: Re: War of Peace   War of Peace I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 12:40 am

Dallan only managed a return grin after Amelia had turned and left. He was too stunned by how gorgeous she was to respond properly in time, which of course made him groan once she was out of sight.

"Why am I so stupid?" he grumbled, rubbing his hands over his face after getting up off the ground and dusting himself off. He sighed and put the swords away, shaking his head. She was never going to see him as anything other than an afterthought, anyway. Especially when compared to Gabriel.

"I think maybe you were born that way," Gabriel teased, tossing his shirt up on his shoulder and strolling over to his friend. "Relax. Just ask her on a date or something instead of gaping at her like a fish next time. You're not too unfortunate looking, she might even say yes."

"You are such a prick," Dallan said, laughing as they headed back to their rooms for a quick wash up.
Back to top Go down
Rokku Hizori
Head Diplomat
Head Diplomat
Rokku Hizori

War of Peace Empty
PostSubject: Re: War of Peace   War of Peace I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 8:07 pm

"This...is not the assignment I expected." I said, looking at the paper I held in my hand. The seal of the High Lord Magi meant it was as official as it got, though, and so it had to be done. I sighed, and moved toward the gate of the campus once again. The sun was rising slowly, and the sounds of people going to work, or heading home, filled the air. Glavius was a massive city, and it was just waking up, if it could ever be considered to have been sleeping. I glanced over at the sword and the crossbow I had gotten for Gabriel. Both were very high quality, forged from steel and Adamant, they were the strongest that could exist. They had cost a fortune, but...a warrior of Gabriel's position deserved it. I scoffed inwardly at myself, and continued waiting, not that there was a rush. The assignment wasn't exactly pressing.
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

War of Peace Empty
PostSubject: Re: War of Peace   War of Peace I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2013 9:22 am

"So, tell me again why you decided that training before dawn was a good idea," Dallan said, yawning and scratching the back of his head as he waited for Gabriel to change weapons.

"If you don't get some extra practice in, you'll end up making Zarius push you through drills again today," Gabriel reminded him, tossing him a broadsword. "Besides, maybe you can impress Amelia with your skill. We all know it won't be with your charm."

"I am very charming, thank you!" Dallan said indignantly, catching the sword and making a face at his friend. "..D'you really think I can impress her?"

"If you spent as much time practicing as daydreaming about her, maybe you could beat me for once," Gabriel said, laughing and taking a swing at him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

War of Peace Empty
PostSubject: Re: War of Peace   War of Peace I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

War of Peace
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next