Agasaria
Welcome back!

If you're new and registering today, don't forget to post an intro thread in our Hello, Sunshine category so we can all say hello! Thanks!
Agasaria
Welcome back!

If you're new and registering today, don't forget to post an intro thread in our Hello, Sunshine category so we can all say hello! Thanks!
Agasaria
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Agasaria

A writing site for newbies and veterans alike - we welcome open roleplaying with any genre and skill level welcome, as well as writers of short stories, creative pieces, poetry, workshops, and more!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Red Remedy

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

Red Remedy - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Remedy   Red Remedy - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 8:41 am

Jackie laughed a little and shook her head, waiting until she was sure he was all settled in. Alright. This was going to be interesting, to say the least. She took hold of the tied end of her fan-shaped-pulling-device and adjusted her bag, then tugged. It resisted, then slid an inch. Victory! She nodded to herself and turned, holding the branches like a second bag on her back and starting off. Attempting to be as kind as possible, she avoided any sticks and rocks that she saw, trying to stick to the leaf trails.

"It won't be that hard. I'll be there to help you. You're delirious from pain, nobody is going to expect much from you," she reasoned as she walked. "Your name is Haru Wolfe. You're an exchange student at the school, so I don't know much about you. We went camping together and got attacked, which explains your injuries. Your bag fell down the side of the mountain when we were swimming, so you lost your clothes," she went on, making it all up on the fly. It wasn't the best story ever, and it didn't make either of them look great, but it'd work for now.

"They won't be looking for much if they know you're foreign, and that would explain why your parents aren't around. We'll just have them send you a bill, give them my address, and call it good," she finished, moving a little faster as they went down a hill.
Back to top Go down
https://agasaria.rpg-board.net
Iliana
Staff Member
Staff Member
Iliana

PostSubject: Re: Red Remedy   Red Remedy - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 12:12 am

Believe it or not, Haru was actually enjoying the ride. It beat running at insane speeds across tufts of twigs, branches, thorns, animal droppings. He would easily spend an hour of his time just cleaning out his paws from his daily raid for food. It was a gruesome and time consuming task and he was happy to not have to do it anymore, due to his human state. He smiled innocently up at his chauffeur as she dragged him lazily across the forest floor. Birds restlessly cawed around them in the early morning air, bees and flies buzzing around them as if they wanted in on their conversation. Haru turned his head here and there, trying to take in all of his home as he could. His home...the home he was leaving behind with the mysterious Jackie. His red eyes swept the trees and auburn air while Jackie continued to explain his story.

"...Wolfe? That's...clever,"he bit, Jackie continuing her story without answering his comment. If her story was her way of gathering a believable excuse, then he felt bad for what her lie must have been like. The truth seemed more believable than her story at that point.

"Wait a minute. I attacked? By what? Wolves? A giant bear? An angry swarm of man eating flies?" She continued on and his mouth gaped open each and every second that went by while she spoke.

"What? Who goes swimming after being brutally attacked? And why is there a mountain in the middle of a forest?" Haru scoffed when she spoke of bills and addresses and other things he didn't know about. It was all too much for him to think on at the moment, what with having his body decaying under him and the sort. The pain was not as intense, but it was keeping him from pushing him to strain any other part of his body, including his head. Jackie sped up and Haru held on for the ride, watching the forest widen more and more until a tiny, descreet trail wound in front of him. He noticed the man made patted dirt as soon as possible, remembering his nights as a wolf when his pack refused to venture there. Now there he was, a human and leaving his home for the first time.

He breathed out a shaky exhale, gripping the sides of his ride and keeping his focus calm and steady.

"Can't we change it to something else? Like...Haru Peacock?"
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: Red Remedy   Red Remedy - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2013 12:41 am

"I don't know what by!" Jackie exclaimed, exasperated. He was making this way, way too difficult. It wasn't exactly easy to think while hauling him to town! "Say wolves, since you obviously know how they would act if anybody asks questions. I doubt they will, though," she finally decided, but he went on with the swimming. She just laughed and shook her head.

"We went swimming, and your clothes washed down the river and we could not find them. While we were looking for them, you were attacked. And there is a big hill near where I was camping that could pass for something to lose your bag on. Nobody is going to be questioning you like a cop, so cut it out! I just want you healed up, okay?"

She shook her head and kept trudging along the trail, relieved when she started to recognize things. This wasn't so bad. At least she was getting her exercise. Haru's next comment made her laugh quite a bit and she nodded.

"Alright. Haru Peacock it is."
Back to top Go down
Iliana
Staff Member
Staff Member
Iliana

PostSubject: Re: Red Remedy   Red Remedy - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2013 2:07 am

Haru's wolf-like sense came into play when she uttered words he didn't understand. Every so often, he would tilt his head to the side when she said the word "bag" and "cop". His white haor touched his shoulder, returned to the side of his neck, only to touch his shoulder again when he made his head qwirks. The questions of 'what's that' were still going to have to wait until he felt better. In fact, Jackie was going to have to explain a great deal in time, just as he was.

His story would most likely be more of an eye-opener than her explanation of civilization.

"Let's say I do get healed. Where are you going to take me after? Back in here?" He didn't sound hopeful or downfallen about either one of the options. The woods were his home, yes, but it wasn't as if he could stay behind a bush as a large human male with no clothes on! He didn't know if Jackie had her own house, if she didn't have a house at all, or much about her for that matter. Curiously watching her with his large, innocent red eyes, at her back while she pulled him towards the wide, open entrance of his woods.

"And should I worry about this...cop thing?"
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: Red Remedy   Red Remedy - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2013 1:01 pm

Jackie blinked and considered the question as she walked. Honestly, she hadn't even thought about it. Haru was a wolf, but not really, so where did he belong? If she left him out in the woods again, he'd know his way around, but he would probably die since he wasn't used to dealing with a human body. Right? But what other options did she really have? He was too old to put in an orphanage or anything, and that'd be stupid anyway. Could she sneak him into her dorm and hide him in her room? That one was possible, but he might get bored while she went to class. Unless he was enrolled as a student..

"We'll figure something out," she finally said. "We'll just have to talk about it after you're all fixed, so that you can really decide what you want. I don't think going back in the forest when you're like this is really the best way to go. Besides, you said you're supposed to be human, right?" she asked, then she shook her head at his next question.

"No. Let me worry about the cop thing," she assured him, her steps coming to a momentary halt as she reached the parking area where she had left her car. She had nearly forgotten she drove here. Now she could just drive to the hospital! She tugged him over to the passenger door, unlocked it, opened it, and gestured to the seat.

"I'm going to help you sit in here. Ready?"
Back to top Go down
Iliana
Staff Member
Staff Member
Iliana

PostSubject: Re: Red Remedy   Red Remedy - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 12:40 am

It made sense. Once he was healed up from wherever she was bringing him too, he'd be in his right state of mind to make some decisions. Right at the current moment, he was just allowing her to literally pull him him wherever she felt he needed to go. That was sweet considering that she did meet him as a large, white wolf in a bad condition. Her explanation for being in the forest in the first place seemed a tad bit sketchy, but with almost a gallon of blood loss, he was sure to believe anything. He supposed that's what she was trying to imply by saying the doctor would believe anything as well. If Jackie, being a human since she was born up until then, had faith that the story would be plausible, then Haru had to believe that right along with her.

"I'm supposed to be, yeah," he said, almost not too sure himself, He hadn't remembered much of his childhood up until the point of his curse, and even the curse itself was a blur and words he knew but didn't quite understand. The memory made his head hurt, she he ceased his talking and squeezed his good foot, hoping that would take away from his bad one. Blood was beginning to cake up the cloth Jackie so welly tied around his chest, turning it a dark, crimson red. Even if she tied it tightly, a gaping hole was a gaping hole. Haru resisted the urge to tear off the cloth and clean his wound the way he would have done as a wolf. Jackie probably already deemed him loony. He would have to keep down the wolf instincts.

However, once Jackie pulled him over to a strange machine on wheels and popped open the door with something shiny and metal, Haru flinched and gripped his new fingers around at the sides of his tent, growling from deep within his throat. If he had ears, they would have been flattened fiercely against the side of his head. His nose scrunched in a threatened wrinkle, white eyebrows burrowing to complete his display of feeling threatened by the car.

"What...is that..?"he seethed through clenched teeth, growling in his low voice as if the car would have ran off like many rabbits and other critters usually did when he growled.
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: Red Remedy   Red Remedy - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 8:26 am

Jackie blinked at Haru's reaction, pausing to look him over. It took her a moment to realize that he seemed more wolf than human, which made her a little hesitant. Would he bite her if she reached for him? Probably. She wished that she had one of those kitty squirt bottles with her. It might not have helped, but it would have made her feel better than attempting to reason with the angry wolf.. man.. person.

"It's called a car," she said, trying to think of how to explain. "When you're inside, you turn it on and you can go anywhere you want to drive a lot faster than walking. I know it's something new, but if you want to get to the hospital in less than fifty hours, you're going to have to get in that seat," she explained, patting the soft seat.

"Please?"
Back to top Go down
Iliana
Staff Member
Staff Member
Iliana

PostSubject: Re: Red Remedy   Red Remedy - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 9:06 pm

The way she added the "if you want to get to a hospital" part made it sound like she actually believe he desired to go to one. That was not the case at all because he simply did not know what to expect. Just as he didn't know what to expect when she showed him this...'car' thing, a hospital could be 100 times worse. It wasn't easy trusting this woman who was showing him all of these mysterious things, describing them as if they were one of the most innocent things on the planet. What if the car had more to it than she was letting on? He was putting his short life into her hands and he hadn't even known her for more than a day.

Still, she had a face that didn't look menacing and her expressions were more of concern than spite. He had seen spite in many of the other wolves in the outer pacts and couldn't help but notice Jackie didn't act the same. He had enough violence for the past few hours. The only reason he wanted to go with her to this hospital is so that he could heal himself...

...at least, that's what he told himself. He still could not shake that she was of some importance by the way he broke the spell that evil sorceress...

"Please?"

Haru looked at the interior of the car and glared at it, his red eyes turning a dark crimson while "to do or not to do" rolled around in his head. A sharp pain in his side at the blood seeping out of the large gaping hole forced him to answer quickly.

"Fine." That was it. Fine. He wasn't planning on surviving the way there anyway, sweat gathering on his temples and both sides of his neck as he grabbed the open door of the car in order to lift himself up and inside with much strain.
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: Red Remedy   Red Remedy - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 9:15 pm

"I know this is all very new to you, and you aren't in the best shape to really take everything in at a slow pace. If I thought you weren't going to pass out from pain or blood loss, I'd take more time to show you around the car," Jackie said with a soft sigh. She gently tucked the tent in around him so that it wouldn't get caught in the door, then pulled the seatbelt out to show him.

"This is called a seatbelt. It belts you in to the seat so that if you are ever in a crash, you'll be a lot safer. I'm going to put this on you, okay? Just relax," she said, attempting to keep her tone calm and soothing as she slowly tugged it out more and buckled it over him. "There. Now hold on while I get in," she added, shutting the door carefully and going around to her side.

"Okay," she said, getting in and buckling herself up. She pulled her key out of her pocket and held it up. "This is called a key. Keys can be used for a lot of things. Starting cars like this one does, unlocking doors, unlocking other things.. We can go over all of this later. What's important right now is that I'm going to start the car, and you're going to feel it vibrate a little and it's going to make some noise. I promise it's not alive, it's just a machine," she assured him, starting the car a moment later and instantly shutting the radio off.

No need to freak him out more.
Back to top Go down
Iliana
Staff Member
Staff Member
Iliana

PostSubject: Re: Red Remedy   Red Remedy - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 10:22 pm

He tried to pay attention to her while she explained the things, but his curiosity was on this 'seatbelt' all of the knobs and buttons in the car. His nose scrunched into a permanent confused expression, his eyes attempting to take everything in at one fell swoop, but that was impossible. Just as he thought he knew what was going on when she explained the seat belt something else caught his eyes and ears.

"Crash? I thought this was safe,"he asked, fondling with a tiny button next to the glass window. When he pushed it up, nothing happened. Disappointed, he pushed it down and the glass slid along with it. Instead of jumping in shock, his eyes widened for a split second, followed by a look of amusement while she went around to the other side of the car. The seat belt wasn't as tight as he expected it to be when she strapped him in, giving him further reason to believe the things didnt protect from crashes at all. Haru left the window button alone, looking towards Jackie as she explained keys and how they worked. His head tilted to the side while he listened, hands reaching above his head to feel the roof of the car.

"I'll be fine. As long as it doesn't bite." He was sure it wasn't...until she started it. The car made a sound like it was growling and Haru felt his body tingle with a strange vibration. His hands quickly shot to the sides, gripping whatever he could find. His snarl from earlier replayed, his eyes set on the large wheel in front of her.

"I don't think I like machines very much...but if you know how to work it, I guess it's cool. You...do know how to work it, right?"
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: Red Remedy   Red Remedy - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 10:36 pm

Jackie smiled a little and tilted her head as she watched Haru adjust to the sound of the car. He was actually rather adorable when he did that, in a wolf-about-to-rip-your-throat-out kind of way. She was starting to suspect that even though his growling and tense mannerisms seemed hostile, he wasn't going to attack her unless she prodded him with a stick or something. So she relaxed, nodding to reassure him as he asked about whether she knew how to drive or not.

"If I didn't know how to drive it, they wouldn't let me. There are laws. Rules that say I can't drive a car if I don't have a license, which I can only get if I know how to work it. So, yes, I do know how to work it. Try to relax," she said, putting the car in reverse and backing up a little before pulling forward.

"Alright, here we go," she murmured, pulling onto the road and going a bit slow at first to let him adjust. They were only about ten minutes outside of town anyway, then another six or seven to get to the hospital.
Back to top Go down
Iliana
Staff Member
Staff Member
Iliana

PostSubject: Re: Red Remedy   Red Remedy - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 4:58 am

Suddenly, everything he knew about the world didn't make sense to him anymore. When she backed up, his head suddenly got a swimming, nauseous feeling and he didn't understand it. His red eyes slipped to her, his face going from confusion to concern.

"How are you doing it? Making us go backwards when we're not moving at all? Are you working the machine to do this? Can the machine go back in time? Does the mach---Does the car let you go in the sky next?" Even though she told him to try to relax, he just couldn't! His world was being turned upside-down! Or rather, it was going backwards other than forwards. Haru twisted himself in the car seat to look behind him, seeing a road with another car speeding down on it. It was going fast and it looked as if it was going to hit their car!

"Back! Back!" The two words sounded too much like "bark, bark" but he didn't notice. His sense of danger peaked in his head, the death grip he had on the side of his door tightening. No matter how slow she was trying to go Haru's eyes zipped everywhere, growling at each passing car and thing he didn't feel comfortable with: three lights hanging from the sky with one that usually glowed green or red, signs that had strange symbols, large buildings, cars of bigger shapes, and even one really long one with huge wheels!

"You should come stay in the forest with me, Jackie. I don't want you out here with all of this danger. You're too good an Alpha Female to be here,"he snarled, his red eyes darkening while each car blurred passed his window.
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: Red Remedy   Red Remedy - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 9:09 am

"No, we can not go back in time or fly. There are machines called airplanes that can fly, though. You might have seen them when you were in the forest. They fly really high up and leave a string of clouds behind them, unlike a bird," Jackie explained, glancing at Haru with concern. He was freaking out more than she had anticipated. However, she did understand. If she knew nothing about the world, she'd probably have an anxiety attack and be flipping too.

About halfway to the hospital, she pulled over, put the car in park, and unbuckled. She twisted in her seat and reached over, giving him a gentle hug.

"I know that this is frightening," she said softly, inwardly hoping he wouldn't bite her. "It's new, it's scary, and it's a lot to take in. I will take you back to the forest if you want to go after. I promise. But I need to take you to the hospital first so that you don't die. Okay?" she asked, releasing him and sitting back.

"I promise to take you back," she repeated as she gave him a smile. In the back of her mind, she wondered what an alpha female even was. She'd have to look it up sometime - she didn't know enough about wolves, apparently.
Back to top Go down
Iliana
Staff Member
Staff Member
Iliana

PostSubject: Re: Red Remedy   Red Remedy - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 11, 2013 7:57 pm

The first explanation was awkward but he started to understand where she was coming from. If he described just how a wolf cleans themselves after plunging it's teeth willingly into a wolf of the same pack, she would have been just as confused as he was while she explained the car and the thing in the air. He looked to the sky, expecting to see as many of them as the cars on the roads, but he couldn't even catch one. He was angry that he didn't see one, but his attention was then grabbed by her arms while she yanked him into a hug.

Her body was soft and innocent, like a cuddly pup he never had the gratification of touching. Never again would he make the mistake of assisting a little scruff ball of fur across a fallen log while the mother was around. Haru was lucky to have an ear still intact aft the attack the woman sent on him when she heard her little pup yelp in excitement. He did get to feel the soft silk of its fur before the blood started to rush out of a hole in his ear. Jackie wasn't being protected or watched which made his curiosity dip in a little more adventurous. He was sure her embrace was a sign of peace, saying that she meant no harm and that sort of thing. Understandable as it was seeing as though she took her time to heal him up a tad and attempt to make it better, Haru still wondered what else her words of promise may be for.

Fear was one factor: She had just witnessed a wolf turn into a man, a talking wolf at that.She should have had both hands in the air, backing away tentatively so as to get a head start in the opposite direction if he was to strike. That wasn't going to happen. He was just another reed in the river, wolf or human. Although he didn't have the sense his wolf side gave to him, there was a great deal of respect for her. She was bold, calm and curious about the way strange things operated just as he was. The two could have been close to siblings, with a way screwed up past, that was. He admired her bravery and took her embrace and words the only way he knew how: stationary and immobile as a rock.

"So, this hospital place to get better and then back in the woods I go?"he asked, hands on his highly uncomfortable sack of tent-shirt. "It's that easy? I thought you hu--...er, we huma...I thought you people went through a lot more complicated steps then just healing and going."
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: Red Remedy   Red Remedy - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2013 10:10 pm

Jackie sighed softly. It wasn't that easy, and she knew it. After the hospital, he'd probably need to be resting for at least a week or two before going gallivanting around the forest like a nymph.. but how was she supposed to tell him that? She promised to take him back, and she meant every word, but how did she explain that it wouldn't be immediate? What was she supposed to do in the meantime? She didn't have a house, she had a dorm room. It was a single and she didn't have a roommate, and her peers generally left her alone, true. Yet somehow she suspected they might notice if this gorgeous male was suddenly in her room at all times. Somebody was bound to find out! Damn, she needed time to think..

"We'll figure it out. You'll go home, I just don't know exactly when. Even after the hospital you probably won't be able to walk around without bandages and stuff for a little while. You might have to get used to this whole being human thing, even if it's just for a couple weeks. I know you must hate it, but I don't see any other options," she said, shaking her head and glancing out her window as they passed into town.

Not long now.
Back to top Go down
Iliana
Staff Member
Staff Member
Iliana

PostSubject: Re: Red Remedy   Red Remedy - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 6:48 pm

It wasn't exactly what he wanted to hear, but there would hardly be any argument he could throw at her that would stake his claim. Such as the fact that his being human wasn't going to last for as long as she thought it would. Haru sat quiet and still in the car with his thoughts on the curse. The words tumbled, flipped, and churned in his head and he couldn't deny it: he would only be human for a little while thanks to Jackie. Her words of reassurance didn't go unnoticed, but they hardly helped him at all in his current situation. Whatever these "bandages" were had to be some high form of healing if it was going to stop the blood seeping out of the hole on his stomach. And what of his mangled foot? What would these "doctors" do about that? He sent a small glare at Jackie, much out of his confusion than anything.

"I have to spend a long time in that place? I don't even know whats going on. Who will bring me meat? Food just doesn't appear in thin air, and, no offense, but you're not really the hunting type."
He made a face when he looked down at her brightly colored nails. holding back his comment about claws verses fingernails. Instead, he looked out of the opposite window, craning his neck to look upon the tall structures with people spilling out on the streets. It seemed not everyone knew how to drive a car. "I don't like it here. Plain and simple. It sucks because I really have been a human once, but that was a long time ago." His voice dropped but, as his instincts would go, his head perked up when he saw a tiny thing that looked like a wolf being carried around in a a sack like thing that was held by a woman.

"You guys let wolves stay with you?" He knew the answer but he still thought he'd ask. Besides, the little pup's nose was too well-rounded for him. He may have had wolf parents, but it was definitely a different species. Only more things that made him dislike this city more and more.
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: Red Remedy   Red Remedy - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 9:19 am

Oh boy. This one was going to be hard to explain. It was too bad that Jackie hadn't taken the time to watch more movies that covered this type of thing. There was a lot to offer in Hollywood - movies about people from way-back-when suddenly coming to present times and rediscovering things, aliens adjusting to live among us, that sort of situation. True, she had never heard of a story like this, but it would have been close enough to at least prepare her for the flow of questions.

"I don't hunt. I go grocery shopping," she said, pausing to point to a restaurant. "That building is called a restaurant. They make food for anybody who walks in. You look at the menu, which tells you which foods they have, then you pick something that you want to eat. They bring it out to you, you eat it, and then you pay for it with money. Everything costs money around here. You'll see that soon enough," she explained.

"Grocery shopping is not in a restaurant. It's in a larger place where there are lots and lots of different foods. You pick which ones you want, then pay for them and take them home. That way you have everything at home for a little while and you can make yourself food whenever you get hungry. People usually get enough food for a week or so."

"That isn't a wolf, it's a dog. They're descended from wolves, but they're domesticated. They can't survive in the wild, they rely on humans for feeding and such," she went on, then she went quiet for a few moments as she pulled into the hospital and parked. After turning off the engine and pocketing her key, she unbuckled herself, then him, and gave him a smile.

"Ready?"
Back to top Go down
Iliana
Staff Member
Staff Member
Iliana

PostSubject: Re: Red Remedy   Red Remedy - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 9:33 pm

Ready. As if he could just pop right out of the forest, wind up in a city, and he would be 'ready'. If he knew anything, it was that he was no where near ready. He hadn't prepared himself to turn into a human, hadn't prepared himself to live through the attack, and hadn't prepared to meet Jackie and for her to take him to all of these different places. Everything was different. The air wasn't crisp and swimming with the taste of lilac and the occasional insect tickling his nose. There was a smog, choking substance in the air that he couldn't stand, but he was sure he'd get used to it. Everyone was human and the only animals he did see where being held by some sort of rope or other. Machines and buildings were everywhere and you could hardly find a tree! Most of the scenery was concrete and small tiny patches of grass. Everything else was just a part of the metal wonderland.

Still, he only answered her by momentarily glancing at her undoing the seat belt around him, his head tilted to the side. "Not really." The two getting out of car was the hardest part, more for him than her. He had to latch onto her anyway he could for fear that he was about to collapse at any second. His hands groped unwanted places, gripped on her arms, one time her hair, all in an effort to stand up so that he could even get inside the building. Apologies worn out by his lips, he settled with just leaning against the car until she came up with a better plan, because, human or not, he didn't want to be dragged around inside a building. Haru kept one arm draped across his side wound, keeping his left foot elevated off of the ground.

"So..."he breathed, sweat clinging to the side of his temples while he worked on breathing through the pain, "You do this often?"
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: Red Remedy   Red Remedy - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 09, 2013 10:30 pm

"Not often enough," Jackie admitted, shaking her head. She was just as unprepared as he was, but at least she could do some quick thinking in this environment. Glancing toward the hospital doors, she mentally calculated distance, then looked back to Haru.

"Okay. I'm going to go inside there and bring a wheelchair out here. It's something you can sit on so I can push you inside really easily without you having to walk or be dragged or anything. Just stay here, don't move, and please don't die," she said, making sure he was steady against the car before she offered a faint smile and ran inside the hospital.

She found out that you can't just demand a wheelchair without an explanation. After a hurried mention of an emergency situation and blood everywhere, the nurse ran to alert a few other nurses and doctors, and Jackie went back out to the parking lot with the wheelchair.

Hopefully Haru was okay..
Back to top Go down
Iliana
Staff Member
Staff Member
Iliana

PostSubject: Re: Red Remedy   Red Remedy - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 1:28 pm

"I've made it this far,"he joked with a boyish grin, that small dimple poking out at the side of his cheek that was so unmistakably human, it was a wonder how he had become a wolf in the first place. He admired her wane smile, noting that the edges of her lips quirked up a little too fast for it to be sincere. Something in his heart went out to poor, human Jackie. Some emotion that made him want to apologize to her over and over again, even though he would probably not be the reason she was so downtrodden. Trying to imagine her real smile, he watched her trot away with his low red eyes, and once again, he was alone.

A bird cawed from over head and his head tilted up at the familiarity of it. The city was much like the woods: a wide berth of the unknown, occasionally harboring less than friendly creatures. A bird was a s much a stranger in the smoggy, city as a human was in a pine tree. Two words that didn't belong together, somehow congregated into one entity due to the fight for space and land. A heavy ball of anxiety lodged itself in his throat, disabling his ability to swallow down the bile that rushed up to his tongue. He was stuck here in the unknown, barely able to walk or make his way out of a car for that matter. If he had been in his wolf format, he wouldn't be able to leap over a twig with his mangled foot. He was stuck as a human with the unknown all because he met Jackie.

The weight of that nearly sunk him down to his knees, but with much strain, he remained rigid against the car until she came back for him, wheeling the contraption she called a wheelchair. Gone was the boyish smile and the ache to see her own. He barely lifted his red eyes to her face, saying nothing while he worked himself into the seat. All the while, he questioned himself in his head until he could only hear his own voice in his ears. What are you going to do? How will you survive? Should I have just given up and died by that camp site? What am I going to do?
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: Red Remedy   Red Remedy - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 12:08 am

Jackie winced as soon as she saw the difference in Haru's expression when she made it back to his side with the wheelchair. It was as if he was fading away. His eyes were dull, his skin somehow even more pale than before. Yet somehow, it didn't seem as though it were just the injuries getting to him. His expression was somewhat sad and disconnected. She wasn't sure what it was, but she knew that he was on edge about being in the city. Being a wolf was all that he knew, all that he could really comprehend. Yet here he was, human and in an environment that he had no preparation for. There were no wild animals waiting for him in the hospital, unless they strayed too closely to the mental ward. Her heart went out to him, but now wasn't the time for a babbling rush of emotion.

Once she had helped him as much as she could to get in the wheelchair, she turned and pushed him toward the hospital doors. It was so much easier than it had been in the forest, but she still found herself feeling anxious. Confidence was easy in the car, when she didn't have to lie to a doctor's face and evade seeming suspicious enough to get the police investigating. What if they didn't believe her? What if they locked her up? What if she spilled the secret and they decided she had completely lost her marbles? Maybe she had.. She shook her head, starting to talk as they got closer to the door, to calm herself if nothing else.

"They're going to take you away from me in here, but just try to be as relaxed as possible. They might put something on your face and tell you to breathe. It will make you unconscious, make you pass out so that you can sleep while they fix you and you won't feel the pain. Just do the best that you can and I'll be right there waiting for you to wake up again. I promise," she said, falling silent as she went through the sliding doors with him. Nurses were already waiting, and as she had suspected, one took him away with most of the others while the last one handed her a clipboard of personal information to fill out. Oh, boy.
Back to top Go down
Iliana
Staff Member
Staff Member
Iliana

PostSubject: Re: Red Remedy   Red Remedy - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 3:40 pm

The travel through the doors of the hospital was a short experience for Haru, yet much had come with it. The stinging smell of the outdoors were replaced by the pungent of other far too sweet to be natural flowers. It wafted around his nose like a coiling snake, constricting his throat and watering his eyes to the gagging limit. He fought down the urge to cough and lifted his nose in disgust instead. There was no comment he could for for the blast of hospital smell, so he stored in the 'Questions to Ask Jackie' part of his mind for later. If there was going to be a later. Temporarily startled by her words, he weighed them in his before balancing it out that did not approve of nothing she said.

"You're leaving me." His tone was flat and matched with the distinct frown pulled across is paling face. "I don't know those people. I don't even know their names. What if they do something horrible to me and you're not around? And how could they just put me to sleep if I'm not even tired? And what do you mean by "fix me"?" The more questions he asked her, the angrier he became until he was literally forced to stray away from her due tot he arrival of more humans. They were much taller than Jackie, plumper in nearly every plump section that Jackie possessed. One had a very short hair do, blonde and speckled with tiny shades of brown from what Haru could tell. Her eyes were the color of lake water, a greenish tint attempting to overshadow the deep blue of her irises. Her face was unnaturally smooth and shimmering, her dark red lips breaking to reveal a set of stunning white teeth once her gaze met Haru. He bit the inside of his cheek and said nothing else; not to Jackie or the nurse.

The next woman beside him greeted him with nearly the same smile, her lips a lighter, glittering pink and her eyes a deep brown. They both wore the same clothing: something that looked like giant blue tents that Jackie could have fashioned herself if she wanted to. He turned around in the rolling chair while the nurses wheeled him away, making the smallest whine deep within his throat until a large pair of double doors opened mysteriously when they walked toward it, soon closing behind him.

And then, he was truly alone.

"I hope you are having a good day despite you having to be here, sir," the short hair nursed spoke. Her voice was a creamy, silky tone that Haru decided he enjoyed. His lips lifted ever so slightly.

"I guess."

"May I have a name?"

"Haru."

"Haru...?"she repeated, letting her voice trail off.

"...Peacock." The ladies exchanged glances with one another. Haru met their gaze evenly and blinked once, very curiously. A second passed before the silently agreed on his name, and the brown haired nurse scribbled something down on the pad she carried.

"Date of birth?"

"At sun,"he answered, straining his mind to remember if he was indeed born during the sun or the moon. Another awkward silence passed through the long, cold hallways of the hospital.

"On a Sunday?"asked the first nurse.

"Sure."

"Alright sir, and may I have the full date? Day, Month, and Year?"

"Uh...yeah. Go ahead," he replied, lifting his red eyes towards her and smiling in kindness as best as he could through the pain. The nurse was dumbstruck for a moment until the other one whispered something in her ear. Haru cursed his lack of wolf ears but was momentarily pleased that the questioning had ended for now. Now being put to sleep didn't seem so bad of an idea after all.
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: Red Remedy   Red Remedy - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 7:51 pm

You're leaving me..

Jackie frowned, sitting in one of those uncomfortable hospital chairs that always seemed 'not that bad' until you were in it longer than five minutes. She had her arms crossed, her feet perched on the fake plasticy wood of the magazine table in front of her. Doctors and nurses wandered by, not a single one concerned with the blonde girl who was staring at glossy pictures of celebrities while thinking about how guilty she felt for abandoning her friend.

Of course, she hadn't had a choice. Even if she had demanded to be allowed in and made a scene, they would have forced her to wait out here. Pitching a total fit would have just delayed Haru getting help. Still, that didn't make her feel any better about how he probably felt about the whole thing.

She sighed and started picking at a little crack in the odd cushion of the chair. It was one of those ones that was stuffed, but not covered in fabric. Instead it was some waterproof tablecloth-esque material with an awful floral print that was easily wiped off. In case somebody puked all over it, she suspected. A cheering thought.
Back to top Go down
Iliana
Staff Member
Staff Member
Iliana

PostSubject: Re: Red Remedy   Red Remedy - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 3:52 am

The more questions the nurses asked him, the more annoyed he became. A good portion of it came from being interrogated while he was still in a physically fragile state. Since the trip from the car to the hospital, all feeling in his left foot disappeared and was replaced by an ominous numb. It was as if his foot had never been there at all, but the heavy, dead weight feeling suggested that it was still attached to him, just not in working condition. He was afraid to peer down at it for fear that we would see nothing but an empty space where his foot should have been. It would have hurt to be reunited with human body parts just to lose less than 2 hours later. The other annoying aspect of the questions was simply that he had no answers for most of them. He used Jackie's name a couple of times to save him from going into any real detail, but when they began to ask about Jackie he went on the defensive.

"That's none of your business,"he growled when they asked him of her current address. The two nurses exchanged another pair of confused glances at his sudden bite in their direction.

"Sir, we're merely trying to--"

"What's that got to do with the hole in my stomach?" That got them to quite up and hasten their procedure. He didn't remember much about what happened, only that another large male came into the room and checked his body before putting that thing Jackie warned about over his face. He didn't like having his nose covered up one bit. Every time he exhaled, the mask would fog up and he would cough until the coughing stopped. Everything around him and inside of him it felt like came to a complete stop.

When he next opened his eyes, he was greeted with a blurry array of colors and lights that made him close himself in darkness again with a groan.
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: Red Remedy   Red Remedy - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 12:39 pm

Half an hour ticked by, followed closely by an hour. Jackie had her face in her hands, peering at the stupid plain tile floor through her fingers. This was awful. She had never imagined how hard it really was to just be waiting to hear something.

What if she hadn't gotten here in time? What if he was going to die now? It was her fault that he wasn't a wolf anymore, right? That meant it was going to be her fault if he died right now on the operating table. He didn't even want to be here! His expression had been so sad.. But what else could she do? Leave him there alone in the woods, helpless and naked? Would he have been better off that way? He said others were after him.. Wouldn't he have died?

Her mind kept going around in useless little self-blame circles, making her half crazy until a pair of shoes entered her vision and she heard somebody clear their throat. She sat up quickly and realized there was a doctor standing there.

"He's fine," he said before she could even ask. "He's in a recovery room right now. He was a bit moody before we put him under, but that is of course expected. A nurse will visit you soon to get the information we're lacking. In the meantime, you should know that he should be doing nothing for at least a week. I would prefer two. We had to give him a fair amount of stitches and too much movement could reopen his stomach. I'll take you to his room."

Jackie just nodded through the whole thing and got up, following the doctor through the halls of bustling nurses and patients being wheeled around. He's fine, she told herself. So why did she still feel like he was going to hate her?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Red Remedy   Red Remedy - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Red Remedy
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Agasaria :: Roleplay :: Modern Roleplays :: One-on-One Modern Roleplays-
Jump to: