Agasaria
Welcome back!

If you're new and registering today, don't forget to post an intro thread in our Hello, Sunshine category so we can all say hello! Thanks!
Agasaria
Welcome back!

If you're new and registering today, don't forget to post an intro thread in our Hello, Sunshine category so we can all say hello! Thanks!
Agasaria
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Agasaria

A writing site for newbies and veterans alike - we welcome open roleplaying with any genre and skill level welcome, as well as writers of short stories, creative pieces, poetry, workshops, and more!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Practice Makes Perfect

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

Practice Makes Perfect Empty
PostSubject: Practice Makes Perfect   Practice Makes Perfect I_icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2014 4:23 pm

Okay, here is the setting decided on:

We're stuck in the middle of the desert surrounded by broken cars and empty houses. We need to find a way home.

No other details are known. We're going to make it up as we go along and see what happens. If you decide to jump in after this roleplay is started, please read the last few posts so that you can put your character in the same area as the others so that they may be interacted with.

Let's go!
Back to top Go down
https://agasaria.rpg-board.net
beatnikschwartz

PostSubject: Re: Practice Makes Perfect   Practice Makes Perfect I_icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2014 4:33 pm

Gabriel slowly opened his eyes to the pain of a throbbing headache. He tried to get up. Impossible. His lead like legs wouldn't budge. Surrounded by dilapidated wood he slowly began to freak out. Unable to move. "Come on Gabriel what the fuck is the matter with you" he said outloud. Outside he heard the call of some sort of bird he didn't recognize. He barely remembered the night before. But he remembered the mexican midgets and the tequila.
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: Practice Makes Perfect   Practice Makes Perfect I_icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2014 4:43 pm

Ariana stretched out, yawning a bit. Why did her head hurt so much..? And why did it feel like she had sand in her jeans? She frowned and glanced down. Oh. There was sand in her jeans.. and everywhere else. She sat up and looked around, trying to take it all in. There wasn't much to go off. Sand, a junky-looking car off to the side, sand, some dunes of brown grains that strongly resembled the dirt found in deserts.. She gave up and stood, dusting herself off. Fantastic. One killer party and now she was in the middle of freaking nowhere.

"Anybody else here?" she called out, annoyed. What did her friends do, just dump her out here in the middle of a beer run or something? This place was deserted, no pun intended. She shook the sand out of her blonde curls and started walking around. Maybe they were just hiding. Assholes.
Back to top Go down
beatnikschwartz

PostSubject: Re: Practice Makes Perfect   Practice Makes Perfect I_icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2014 4:53 pm

Oh God. Somebody else was there. But he couldn't move. He tried to scream but realize that his voice and mouth were so dry he was unable to speak. He looked to his left and saw a bottle full of a clear colored liquid he had only hoped was water. "Fucking great" he said to himself as he tried to reach for the bottle. His legs still wouldn't budge. What the hell did he do last night? Gabriel tried again to reach the bottle. He couldn't do it. He had to grab her attention. He reached into his pocket. He still had his phone. No service. He lifted his arm and threw the phone out the window as hard as he could.
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: Practice Makes Perfect   Practice Makes Perfect I_icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2014 5:03 pm

"Ow!"

Ariana scowled and rubbed the side of her head. What the fuck was that?! She looked around and saw a cell phone laying in the sand. It was lit up, so obviously it hadn't been abandoned here like everything else. The battery was even half there. She picked it up and tucked it into her pocket, then took a good look around. Nobody in sight, but there was an open window nearby. Was somebody inside, hurling perfectly good cell phones out windows? Possibly.

She went over to the door and pushed it open, ignoring the flood of sand as she edged her way into the dim shadows. Nothing to see here. Great. She turned to leave, grabbing the door before she noticed a shoe. It was even attached to a leg. She tilted her head and wandered over, finding some guy laying there like an idiot.

"Having fun?"
Back to top Go down
beatnikschwartz

PostSubject: Re: Practice Makes Perfect   Practice Makes Perfect I_icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2014 5:09 pm

Gabriel nodded his head. He pointed his finger towards the liquid bottle. Moving his head back and forth. "No" he managed to say. Great there was somebody else here. Maybe she knew exactly why his legs felt like two pounds of lead. He looked up at her. He didn't remember her from the party. Who the hell? He once again pointed at the bottle.
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: Practice Makes Perfect   Practice Makes Perfect I_icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2014 5:13 pm

Ariana cocked an eyebrow. He seemed indecisive, but it was obvious that he wanted the bottle. She went over and kicked the bottle toward his hand. Hm. It seemed like water. That explained the lack of talking. He probably was suffering from a hangover of epic proportions. She smirked at the thought. Ah, the good ol' migraine, dry mouth, aching muscles.. Luckily she wasn't prone to those issues.

"I'm assuming you're from the party too. Where is everybody? Did they just dump us off here or what?" she asked, hoping he had more answers than she did.
Back to top Go down
beatnikschwartz

PostSubject: Re: Practice Makes Perfect   Practice Makes Perfect I_icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2014 5:20 pm

He gulped that water like it was the last water on earth. "Oh god" he breathed and swallow more. "I have no fucking clue what happened " he said. He looked at her pointing to his leg. Now that he could actually talk. He breathed in and out a few times. "I can't move my legs" he used his hands to move them but they were far to heavy. He had only hoped that she somehow, some miraculous way was a nurse or a doctor or even a lifeguard. Because laying here with his legs bum was embarrassing to say the least. "My head hurts like I was hit with something really hard and rough. I was hoping you knew something more." he said. He handed her the bottle realizing that he was being selfish. "Want the last drops?" he smiled.
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: Practice Makes Perfect   Practice Makes Perfect I_icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2014 5:22 pm

"Of course you can't move your legs, you're hungover. Probably feel like they're made of concrete, right?" she said, laughing a bit. "All you have to do is start moving. Stretch out," she added, rolling him over after taking the bottle. She sipped at the last of the water and sat down as she waited for him to get his stiff carcass moving. "So. Ready to walk back?"
Back to top Go down
beatnikschwartz

PostSubject: Re: Practice Makes Perfect   Practice Makes Perfect I_icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2014 5:30 pm

"I've never been this fucking hungover, man" he said. He attempted to move his leg. A faithful attempt finally loosend up the concrete feeling. She was right. They always are. He learned that from his ex. He started to get up using her as a crutch. Finally he was on his two feet again. He looked around the room. "Alright where are we going?" he asked. He walked out the door and when he saw the endless brown sand of the desert he turned back to her. Realizing that his hair was a mess and hoping to retrieve his comb he reached into his other pocket only to pull out a small note. "Um...what...how...do you remember midgets..." He asked. He opened up the note that read: Roses are red violets are blue. You're dead. Now what are you going to do. He handed her the note
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: Practice Makes Perfect   Practice Makes Perfect I_icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2014 5:35 pm

Ariana yelped as he leaned on her, quickly shoving him away. Jerk. She scowled and got up, tossing the now-empty bottle aside. With all of these cars and crap laying around, she honestly didn't care about littering. He had a good point, though. Which way were they supposed to go? She wasn't exactly well prepared to wander around the desert without any food or water. Besides, she couldn't even tell North from South when she was a Girl Scout ten years ago. It was plausible that they would just walk in circles for hours on end.

"Midgets?" she repeated, eying him. Was he high? She frowned and took the note from him. Great. Somebody was playing them for a pair of idiots. She assumed somebody from the party crammed the note in his pocket when he was out cold. Nice.

"Seems like your friends are just as nice as mine," she muttered, handing the note back from him with a frustrated sigh. "Do you think any of these cars work? Maybe we could get one going and just drive around until we find something."
Back to top Go down
beatnikschwartz

PostSubject: Re: Practice Makes Perfect   Practice Makes Perfect I_icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2014 5:49 pm

He obviously was more freaked out then her. But he knew it was because he had watched far too many horror movies. He smiled. Realizing that his smile was awkwardly out of nowhere he removed it. "Yes midgets" he said. "I swear my balls I mean MIDGETS" he said. That look she gave him obviously meant she thought he was nuts but trying to prove the midgets thing was going to be futile.

He opened up the note again. "I think this is serious" he said looking at her. "My friends wouldn't do something like this" He looked outside the window and saw a load of junkers. Must have been the ones she was talking about. "I don't know about the cars. But we might as well find out" he said walking outside. The heat was far to much to handle. He removed his stained smelly t-shirt and wrapped it around his head like a turban giving her a thumbs up.
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: Practice Makes Perfect   Practice Makes Perfect I_icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2014 5:55 pm

"You're weird," she decided, following him outside. She didn't bother stripping down - all she had worn to the party was a sparkling tank top and a pair of jeans anyway. The jeans were hot and clinging to her skin, but she'd rather be uncomfortable than burned like a lobster. She went over to one of the cars. This one was no good, it was nothing but a shell of a frame, with more rust than sand. Great.

"This one's no good. Maybe one of the other ones will actually be intact," she said hopefully. She wasn't sure who would have left the note if not for his friends, but then again, her friends were pretty messed up. Perhaps it was them.
Back to top Go down
beatnikschwartz

PostSubject: Re: Practice Makes Perfect   Practice Makes Perfect I_icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2014 6:04 pm

He nodded his head. "Not as weird as waking up in place like this after a night of remembering midgets" he said walking towards another car. This one wasn't working either. He walked around to the cars side door and spotted a small brown briefcase. Okay that's it he thought. It was starting to be a little bit too much like a horror movie. He didn't even want to tell her that he spotted that or if it was of any significance. Out of sheer desperation he opened the car door and grabbed the briefcase. Placed it on the hood and opened it up. "uh...woah" he said looking at her. A severed head and that's all he could say. He dropped the briefcase and started to walk away.
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: Practice Makes Perfect   Practice Makes Perfect I_icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2014 7:59 pm

Ariana frowned. Always with the midgets. She went over to another car, but it was the same thing. Gutted out. There wasn't even a seat left in it. Talk about useless. The only way they could use this thing would be if they flipped it over and sat in it like a boat to cruise down the dunes. Not very efficient. She sighed and rubbed her forehead. This was getting very irritating. She pulled his cell phone out of her pocket, then pulled out her own. Neither one had reception. Of course not. That'd be much too convenient.

"Whoa what?" she said, hearing him. She looked up and saw him walking away from something on the ground. Well, apparently it wasn't all that great. She tucked the phones back into her pockets and wandered over curiously to investigate. When she saw the head, she made a face. Well, that was disgusting. How did a head even fit in a briefcase? They weren't that wide. It must have been squished in.

"Okay, that's gross," she muttered, feeling sick as she turned away. Where the fuck were they?
Back to top Go down
beatnikschwartz

PostSubject: Re: Practice Makes Perfect   Practice Makes Perfect I_icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2014 2:50 pm

This isn't cool. He thought. Getting out of wherever they were was imperative. "Yeah..." he muttered. He was far too in his head to have any sort of lasting conversation at the moment. Think Gabriel, think Every car gutted out and torn apart. She didn't seem that scared by the head. She was in on it. "What do you know?" he accused poking his finger on his chest.
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: Practice Makes Perfect   Practice Makes Perfect I_icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2014 3:45 pm

Ariana cocked an eyebrow, turning to him. At first she thought that he was questioning her, but then she realized he was pointing to himself. Well, that was just great. He was insane, either naturally or thanks to the heat. Fan-freaking-tastic.

"I doubt you're going to get any answers that way," she muttered, glancing in the rest of the cars nearby. Empty. No more briefcase surprises, no more notes. Maybe the head was just some Halloween decoration or something. That's what she hoped for. She sighed and glanced up at the sun. Already it was starting to slope downward. They were wasting valuable time. She had no desire to be here all night long.

"Alright, Schizo. Let's just search the rest of these shacks and see if there's a way out of here, okay?"
Back to top Go down
Ionalien
Ionalien

PostSubject: Re: Practice Makes Perfect   Practice Makes Perfect I_icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2014 2:22 pm

"Hey, Schizo isn't a cool name!" yelled Nathan, Gabriel's alternate personality. "And I don't know any more than you do, Gabe!" He said in response to himself, using the name he knew (or at least thought he knew) irritated Gabriel. Dropping his finger which had been still at his own chest, Nathan looked at the girl and asked, "Hey, whats your name anyways?" He informed her with his best cool-guy smirk, "My names Nathan." His face got more serious. "Just don't you dare call me Nate."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Practice Makes Perfect   Practice Makes Perfect I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Practice Makes Perfect
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Agasaria :: Roleplay :: Modern Roleplays-
Jump to: