Agasaria
Welcome back!

If you're new and registering today, don't forget to post an intro thread in our Hello, Sunshine category so we can all say hello! Thanks!
Agasaria
Welcome back!

If you're new and registering today, don't forget to post an intro thread in our Hello, Sunshine category so we can all say hello! Thanks!
Agasaria
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Agasaria

A writing site for newbies and veterans alike - we welcome open roleplaying with any genre and skill level welcome, as well as writers of short stories, creative pieces, poetry, workshops, and more!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Questioning

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Ionalien
Ionalien

Questioning Empty
PostSubject: Questioning   Questioning I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 07, 2014 7:07 pm

I have a quick question. When you abbreviate roleplay to "rp", do you say a rp (as if you are saying a roleplay outloud) or an rp (as if you are pronouncing are p)?
Back to top Go down
Iliana
Staff Member
Staff Member
Iliana

Questioning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Questioning   Questioning I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 07, 2014 11:46 pm

When I see the letters "rp" I pronounce is as "are pee", even though I know it means role playing. To be honest, sometimes I don't even like using the term role playing unless if it's between quick chat ways, like the Chatbox or Skype or the like. When it comes to forum posting, I always think of it as creative writing or "short stories" in a sense. But I suppose when you get right down to it, it's still role playing.

Interesting question, Lux.
Back to top Go down
Ionalien
Ionalien

Questioning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Questioning   Questioning I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 08, 2014 12:03 am

yay. I made a good. I agree with you, up until the philosophical part about short stories.
Back to top Go down
The Doctor
The Doctor

Questioning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Questioning   Questioning I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 08, 2014 9:29 am

I read it as "are pee", so I say an because it sounds better.
Back to top Go down
Phoenix
Phoenix

Location : My mind's on the Tardis, my body's most likely in a classroom...

Questioning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Questioning   Questioning I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 5:37 pm

Are Pe for me... But often I'm as OCD as heck, and think of it as roleplay and will refuse to write or read it any other way. ^^'
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Questioning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Questioning   Questioning I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Questioning
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Agasaria :: Chit-Chat :: General Chatting-
Jump to: