Agasaria
Welcome back!

If you're new and registering today, don't forget to post an intro thread in our Hello, Sunshine category so we can all say hello! Thanks!
Agasaria
Welcome back!

If you're new and registering today, don't forget to post an intro thread in our Hello, Sunshine category so we can all say hello! Thanks!
Agasaria
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Agasaria

A writing site for newbies and veterans alike - we welcome open roleplaying with any genre and skill level welcome, as well as writers of short stories, creative pieces, poetry, workshops, and more!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A new Day Dawns

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Rokku Hizori
Head Diplomat
Head Diplomat
Rokku Hizori

A new Day Dawns - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new Day Dawns   A new Day Dawns - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 11:37 pm

Lon paused at the girl's question, and shook his head. "No, they are forged from blue magic. It will begin to take its toll on me in a few hours, but until then, they'll stay as hot as the air around a blacksmith's forge." He said, and eyes the door. If the snow by the windows was any indication, the door may need a bit of...coaxing.

Lon simply walked up to the door, and opened it just enough for the side to release the catch. He then forcefully kicked the door, and it opened enough to get his hand out. He smiled, and quickly held out the arrow around the snow. It melted quickly with little effort, and soon the door was able to open completely, and there was a patch of bare road for the two to stand on. "Well? Shall we be off then?"
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: A new Day Dawns   A new Day Dawns - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 11:41 pm

Keladry watched closely, rather fascinated by the process. With how powerful one was, she didn't understand why they needed two.. until she followed him out the door. It was freezing! She shifted her arrow around a bit until she was nice and toasty again. Well, this made things a lot better. She eyed the arrow once more, pondering it. How useful! It was a shame nobody at home could do anything like this, they would have a much easier time getting out to the barns to feed the livestock in the storms..

"How far did you say this camp was?" she asked curiously after a few minutes, looking up at Lon.
Back to top Go down
https://agasaria.rpg-board.net
Rokku Hizori
Head Diplomat
Head Diplomat
Rokku Hizori

PostSubject: Re: A new Day Dawns   A new Day Dawns - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 11:56 pm

"Perhaps four hours. The arrows should hold out for three, and after that we'll be subjected to the cold. The faster we move, the faster we get there. " He said, and started off to the East in a straight line, knowing exactly where he was headed. The snow melted quickly enough as the arrows approached it, and they were kept fairly warm, though the wind still blew the heat away when it picked up too fiercely.
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: A new Day Dawns   A new Day Dawns - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 11:57 pm

"Okay," she agreed, following after him and barely paying attention since there wasn't really a way to get lost. Her only option was to walk where he had walked. An easy path. She hummed a bit to herself, then grew quiet and tilted her head as they went along. "Did you hear something?"
Back to top Go down
Rokku Hizori
Head Diplomat
Head Diplomat
Rokku Hizori

PostSubject: Re: A new Day Dawns   A new Day Dawns - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 12:10 am

The man listened intently, and heard something attempting to move in the snow. Whther it was human or animal, however, was beyond him. It could be anything from a deer to a member of the Crimson Talons. Fortunately, he had a way of telling. He whistled, a tune that the Crimson Talons would recognize and respond to, thrown, of course, somewhere in the trees so they could not pinpoint him. A return whistle would alert him to the enemy, and then he could prepare.
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: A new Day Dawns   A new Day Dawns - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 12:22 am

Keladry kept very still, listening with him. After a few moments, she relaxed, hearing nothing. She dropped the arrow and bent to pick it up, realizing only then what she had heard wasn't beside them. It was below. They had walked right out onto the stream. She gasped and straightened up to run for it, but the ice cracked where her arrow had been and she fell under before she even got an inch.
Back to top Go down
Rokku Hizori
Head Diplomat
Head Diplomat
Rokku Hizori

PostSubject: Re: A new Day Dawns   A new Day Dawns - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 12:51 am

Lon cursed, but moved quickly enough To dash down the ice and force his arrow into the water. It hissed, and he felt the drain on his energy instantly as the frigid water stole both the heat and his life away, But he still managed to keep the water heated enough to where he would not instantly freeze to death. He quickly spotted the girl, his eyes expertly trained to see in everything but absolute darkness, and grabbed her nearest appendage, quickly shoving the arrow through the ice to make a path toward the shore. He quickly melted away a patch for them to rest at, but the arrows were slowly beginning to lose their heat. "That's a hell of a way to start out..." He managed to get out between shivers. The arrows were now lukewarm at best, and Lon himself was nearly stumbling over, until he finally collapsed to his knees.
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: A new Day Dawns   A new Day Dawns - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 12:59 am

Keladry inhaled water immediately, her body shocked by the intense cold. She attempted to cough it out and did nothing but create bubbles. Seconds later, however, she felt a firm grip on her arm and her direction changed. She didn't resist, going along with it until she felt air instead of water. It took everything she had to force herself to start coughing and puking up water. She felt disgusting, but she was alive. For several minutes she just stayed on her hands and knees, gasping, until she realized something. She was shaking, and badly. Her clothes were getting stiff. She looked up and saw Lon was on his knees.

"We can't stay here," she said, her throat aching. She pushed herself up to her feet and went over to him, offering a hand. "We need to move. Our clothes are turning to ice, I think.."
Back to top Go down
Rokku Hizori
Head Diplomat
Head Diplomat
Rokku Hizori

PostSubject: Re: A new Day Dawns   A new Day Dawns - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 1:08 am

The blue magic had taken its toll on Lon, and he could barely stand, let alone walk. He stumbled to his feet, and managed to stay there for a moment, before collapsing back to his knees. Normally, he could have done a quick spell to reheat the arrows and dry their clothes, but not now. Now he could not risk doing another bit of magic, blue or otherwise, not that had he had ever been good with any of the others anyway. Once again, he forced himself to his feet, and reached into his pouch for the loaf of bread that was now soaked with water. He held his hand over it, and quickly whispered in some foreign language. The bread quickly turned into a dry husk, and Lon was able to keep his balance now, but not much else. "We need to move...it'll be the only thing keeping us warm. How good are you with magic?"
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: A new Day Dawns   A new Day Dawns - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 1:10 am

"Um.. Probably about as good as the rocks we're standing on," she said, blinking. Why would he expect her to know any of that? She wasn't some special wizard or something out of a storybook for children. Of course, he didn't exactly look like one either, but that was beside the point. "Do you need help walking? I don't mind."
Back to top Go down
Rokku Hizori
Head Diplomat
Head Diplomat
Rokku Hizori

PostSubject: Re: A new Day Dawns   A new Day Dawns - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 1:16 am

"Did your parents not teach you anything? No simple spells to warm the air? Nothing to make a spark or flame? Nothing?" He asked, dumbfounded. Most people across the world learned very basic spells, ones useful for everyday tasks, Even if they were absolutely horrible working with magics. "Nevermind. I can walk, but we'll need another way to clear the snow. We need...a cart...a carriage...something."
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: A new Day Dawns   A new Day Dawns - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 1:22 am

Keladry shook her head slowly. Why was he so surprised? Nobody that she knew could do any of that. Except for him, obviously. She glanced around as he mentioned a cart, frowning to herself. How were they supposed to get their hands on something like that? She shivered, ignoring the aching pains as she tried to think.

"Wait here, I'll be right back," she finally said, dropping her bag and turning to carefully go back the way they had come - avoiding the holes in the ice, of course.
Back to top Go down
Rokku Hizori
Head Diplomat
Head Diplomat
Rokku Hizori

PostSubject: Re: A new Day Dawns   A new Day Dawns - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 1:28 am

Lon collapsed once again, trying to keep what little energy he had left. The girl had much to learn, that much was certain.
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: A new Day Dawns   A new Day Dawns - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 1:31 am

It took longer than she had hoped, but Keladry found the cabin again. She used her numb fingers to dig through the snow around the structure, finally getting her hands on what she suspected was there all along. A shovel. She tugged it free from the ice and quickly went back through the path until she got to Lon. He was still breathing, but he looked awful. There was no point in getting him up until she had a place to put him, she realized. She set the shovel down and pulled her blanket out of her bag, then spread it out next to him and attempted to roll him onto it.
Back to top Go down
Rokku Hizori
Head Diplomat
Head Diplomat
Rokku Hizori

PostSubject: Re: A new Day Dawns   A new Day Dawns - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 1:54 am

Lon could see where this was going, but he really didn't have the energy to object. He allowed the girl to roll him onto the blanket, and then he quickly fell into a deep sleep. The arrows laid on the ground beside him, the one completely cold, the other still warm and retaining its heat, though for how long was anyone's guess. "Keep...heading east...avoid river." Lon managed to stammer out before going completely unconscious.
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: A new Day Dawns   A new Day Dawns - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 2:03 am

Keladry put the arrows in next to him, hoping they'd keep him warm. She took her other blanket out of her pack, as well as his, and tucked them both around him for additional heat and protection against the wind. The end of the blanket near his head, she knotted, so that she'd have a loop to tug on that would hopefully keep his head from hitting anything. Once that was set, she picked up her shovel and started digging. She would go about twenty feet, then turn back and get Lon. It was hard to get her frozen limbs to work, pulling him across the loose snow, but she did it. Her whole body was shaking and her lips were blue, but she kept digging and walking. East. It was all she could think about, so much so that she didn't realize how close she was to her goal. She worked for hours, until her body simply refused to work any longer. Right in the middle of tugging him along, she collapsed and tumbled down a small, gentle slope with the blanket and Lon and the shovel sliding down next to her.. right into the camp she was looking for. Landing harmlessly at the bottom in a pile of fresh snow, she simply laid there, blackness soon pulling her down into unconsciousness.
Back to top Go down
Rokku Hizori
Head Diplomat
Head Diplomat
Rokku Hizori

PostSubject: Re: A new Day Dawns   A new Day Dawns - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 2:05 pm

Lon was unconscious, and didn't even notice that he was moving. Nor did he realize that he and Keladry had fallen down the slope. What he did slowly begin to recognize were the shouts of his men in Agasarian, able to recognize their commander and the strange girl that drug him there. In a matter of minutes, the soldiers had loaded both individuals onto makeshift stretchers, and taken them to a central cabin made of food, the warmest and most secure building in the camp. A priest quickly worked each one over, slowly warming them back to a normal temperature, while also drying their clothing. "God be praised, you two are in awful shape...it's a good thing you made it back." He said in accent Tarvannan.
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: A new Day Dawns   A new Day Dawns - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 2:11 pm

Keladry remained unconscious for the most part, her body refusing to rouse while still so exhausted. She flinched a bit when the priest touched her hands, as they had cracked across her palms in the cold. They were not used to doing such hard work for so long, and they had started to bleed, though she hadn't noticed because it froze instantly and barely discolored the shovel. She stirred once more to have a coughing fit and take a dazed look around, then she passed back out to sleep.
Back to top Go down
Rokku Hizori
Head Diplomat
Head Diplomat
Rokku Hizori

PostSubject: Re: A new Day Dawns   A new Day Dawns - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 3:48 pm

The priest shook his head, and went about healing the girl's hands, slowly mending them back together. "Ack, this girl...and you! You, general, made a very stupid decision, spending so much blue energy!" the priest said plainly.Lon groaned, and sat up, swinging his legs down to hit the floor. "The girl fell through some ice, I wasn't going to let her die. How long until she can be roused?" He asked with a groggy sound to his voice.
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: A new Day Dawns   A new Day Dawns - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 3:54 pm

Keladry remained still, lost in her dreams. They were odd, for the second time in a row. This time, instead of being filled with images of royalty and death, it was simply a replay of what had already happened. The sensation of falling through the ice, the panic, the darkness and the cold. Yet she also felt something that she had barely noticed the first time. It was a feeling of not being alone, but instead of being frightening, it was reassuring. Instead of waking up in a panic from the nightmare, she felt comforted, and the dream soon moved on to calmer things.
Back to top Go down
Rokku Hizori
Head Diplomat
Head Diplomat
Rokku Hizori

PostSubject: Re: A new Day Dawns   A new Day Dawns - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 5:04 pm

"Already you speak of moving on! You are both injured and need time to rest and heal!" the priest said, finishing up with Keladry's hands. Lon got up, and rolled his left shoulder, sighing. "The Crimson Talons know we're here. If we stay, we'll be dealing with a battle at nightfall. I'd rather take my chances on the road than fighting a night battle against a division of Tarvanna's old military." Lon said, able to stand, but knowing he would not be very useful if they were attacked. The priest sighed, and brushed his robes off, and thought a moment. "We can move now, if you wish. She can be roused with a bit of Retchweed...If we must." the priest conceded, but he certainly did not sound happy about it.
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: A new Day Dawns   A new Day Dawns - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 5:23 pm

Keladry be dreamin', yo.
Back to top Go down
Rokku Hizori
Head Diplomat
Head Diplomat
Rokku Hizori

PostSubject: Re: A new Day Dawns   A new Day Dawns - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 2:22 pm

"Do it. We can sleep in a safer location and heal there. I am not going against the Talons." Lon said, eying the priest. The priest sighed, and went to a small chest in the corner of the cabin. He took out a foul smelling green plant, and quickly crushed in in a pestle with a bit of snow to create a paste. He then waved the pestle under the nose of the girl, as a wretched smell entered into her nostrils and roused her to the world.
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: A new Day Dawns   A new Day Dawns - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 2:59 pm

Keladry woke with a start, coughing. What was that smell?! She coughed and sat up, looking around. The soothing presence from her dream was gone, and she found herself surrounded by people she didn't know. She edged back uneasily, tempted to bolt.

"Who are you?" she demanded fearfully, staring at the priest since he was closest at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Rokku Hizori
Head Diplomat
Head Diplomat
Rokku Hizori

PostSubject: Re: A new Day Dawns   A new Day Dawns - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 19, 2014 3:20 am

"I am father Arinton. I kept you from freezing to death, and then proceeded to wake you up before Tarvannan ruins my efforts." He said, and then proceeded to walk toward a shelf, grumbling in a foreign language to himself. Lon got up from the table, and walked over to Keladry, frowning. "Unfortunately, we were not able to get here as undetected as I would have liked. We're in unfriendly territory now, and we're likely to be attacked once the sun sets. We have to leave, and we have to leave now."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A new Day Dawns   A new Day Dawns - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A new Day Dawns
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Agasaria :: Roleplay :: Fantasy Roleplays-
Jump to: