Agasaria
Welcome back!

If you're new and registering today, don't forget to post an intro thread in our Hello, Sunshine category so we can all say hello! Thanks!
Agasaria
Welcome back!

If you're new and registering today, don't forget to post an intro thread in our Hello, Sunshine category so we can all say hello! Thanks!
Agasaria
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Agasaria

A writing site for newbies and veterans alike - we welcome open roleplaying with any genre and skill level welcome, as well as writers of short stories, creative pieces, poetry, workshops, and more!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A new Day Dawns

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Rokku Hizori
Head Diplomat
Head Diplomat
Rokku Hizori

A new Day Dawns Empty
PostSubject: A new Day Dawns   A new Day Dawns I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 6:14 pm

((Want to join this duel for succession roleplay? PM Rokku or Layne))

Evergreen pines towered over their sleeping brothers, deep green against the pure white of the winter snow. They swayed with the wind, their branches releasing clumps of snow, adding to the steady drifts already falling to earth. It was around noon, a little after, but the sun was hidden by a dense layer of clouds, and one could tell it was day, but little else. It was here that a lone man trudged through the ankle-deep layer of snow, a sword strapped at his waist, a quiver and bow on his back. He stood tall, nearly six full feet, with a build lithe and athletic but strong. He wore a white cloak that enveloped him, hiding anything he wore underneath, as well as his face, as he held the hood tightly around his mouth.

He moved simply, efficiently, and gracefully. He was barely noticeable, but a light ‘chink’ of hidden armor could be heard when the wind dropped its speed, but the man quickly adjusted. He lifted back the hood of his cloak, content that there was no one worth worrying over this deep in the mountains. In truth, though, he wanted to be found, by a group of very specific people. Whether they would find him or not, however, was anyone’s guess.
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

A new Day Dawns Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new Day Dawns   A new Day Dawns I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2014 8:41 am

"This can't be right.."

A young woman stood in the forest, leaning absently against a thick tree trunk. She was examining a small map in her hands, but the thing was practically useless. It had summer landmarks on it, which were mostly covered in snow now. She had never attempted finding her way through in the snow, as it wasn't allowed and she didn't care for the cold anyway. Yet she was determined to find her way as far away from her family as possible.. If she could figure out which direction she was supposed to be going in.

"The stream is bound to be frozen.. But where is the road?" she mumbled absently to herself, frowning. She had been avoiding the small roads so that she wouldn't be caught, but that had caused her to become rather lost. All she knew was that she was heading West, which meant away from her family. Now she had to keep from walking in a big circle and ending up back in her scolding mother's grasp. Oh, she could hear the shrill voice already.. Grimacing, she folded the map and tucked it back into the pocket of her dress.

It didn't help matters that she was not dressed for the weather. She hadn't had much time to prepare or change, so she was wearing a dark green cloak with a long gown underneath, blue embroidered with gold. It annoyed her immensely. Her mother always said to 'dress the part'. That was what drove her out here in the first place. Now she was stuck in it until she found the next town over so that she could stop and change clothes. She sighed and tucked a stray red curl behind her ear, her bright green eyes glancing around. After a moment, she picked a direction at random and started walking.
Back to top Go down
https://agasaria.rpg-board.net
Rokku Hizori
Head Diplomat
Head Diplomat
Rokku Hizori

A new Day Dawns Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new Day Dawns   A new Day Dawns I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 12, 2014 7:10 pm

The man wandered through the seemingly endless and barren landscape, eyes scanning the small creek and the shade trees that marked the dirt road. Eventually, it would give out, ending seemingly out of nowhere, becoming part of the stream without a single flawed edge. Of course, in the spring there would be a boat of two that would ride with the river toward the small village he was looking for, though most of his sources were little more than rumor. However, his scouts had all reported the same thing, that there was evidence of agriculture and movement, hunting and spring fishing. Which clearly meant that there was a significant population of people living somewhere nearby. And the sudden sound of a voice confirmed his suspicions.

Of course, a normal man's ears would never have heard the sound, it was at least a half mile away, and not much above a whisper. Either way, though, it was enough for this man to follow it. He quickly scaled the nearest tree, and began to leap from branch to branch toward the direction of the voice. It wasn't long before a girl, maybe eighteen at oldest, came into view. The expensive clothing and complete lack of survival experience meant nothing, but the red hair and green eyes? Now THAT interested him.
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

A new Day Dawns Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new Day Dawns   A new Day Dawns I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 12, 2014 7:33 pm

Trudging along through the snow, the girl soon breathed a sigh of relief. Finally! She had found the road. Walking over to one of the bordering trees, she kicked aside some of the fresh powder and crouched down. It took a bit of dusting with her fingers, but she finally felt the stiff canvas that was frozen to the tree trunk. She tugged it free and glanced at the markings with a frown. Not the road she wanted, but it still led away from home. Acceptable. She put the canvas back and carefully covered it back up, then started walking again. Hopefully it didn't take too long to find the place - she wasn't overly fond of the idea of staying outside after dark in this weather. It was supposed to storm tonight. She glanced at the sky, eyeing the grey bits visible between the branches of the trees. Hm..

Her mother had always hated the weather out here. She made a point to complain about it every single time it wasn't a perfect day. All she wanted was to go home, she'd say. Obviously she didn't actually remember how things had been before, but she had heard stories and inherited the bitterness that coursed through their family. She had told her daughter countless times that the sun always shone 'back home', and that everything would be perfect once they 'got revenge'. It was a nuisance, honestly. Who cared about all of that? The snow was beautiful. She smiled to herself, kicking a small drift as she went along.
Back to top Go down
Rokku Hizori
Head Diplomat
Head Diplomat
Rokku Hizori

A new Day Dawns Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new Day Dawns   A new Day Dawns I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2014 1:37 am

The man removed his cloak, and turned it inside out in a few seconds, mentally cursing the influx of cold air. He pulled it down his back easily enough, and the snowy cloak was now a coal black more suitable for a common traveler, and that was what he wanted, at least at first. He quickly slid down a slanted tree, and made his way to the road, going in the same direction, just behind the girl. "Oi! Miss! I be lost! Which way to Duraia?" Lon said, in his best peasant-Tarvannan. The accent would fool only the most skilled of linguists, but unless they had studied the nuances of the language for the past hundred years, they would sense nothing at all.
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

A new Day Dawns Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new Day Dawns   A new Day Dawns I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2014 1:46 am

Flinching badly in surprise, the girl whirled around at the first hint of a voice. She blinked and stared at the man, struggling to cover her confusion. How in the world had he gotten there? Why didn't she notice him earlier? There hadn't been any footprints in the snow.. A few seconds later she simply dismissed the thoughts. He was behind her and clearly traveling faster than she was, that was all. Probably somebody from one of the small towns nearby, she assumed. His question made her draw a blank, though.

"I'm not sure. Hold on a moment," she said, reaching into her cloak and pulling out the map that she had. She unfolded it and eyed the spot where they were, then glanced around at the surrounding areas. Duraia didn't sound familiar to her, but then again, she wasn't exactly well-versed in the trading secrets of the older members of her family. They tended to dislike sharing.
Back to top Go down
Rokku Hizori
Head Diplomat
Head Diplomat
Rokku Hizori

A new Day Dawns Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new Day Dawns   A new Day Dawns I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2014 1:54 am

Lon looked the girl over, though she'd never notice it. She had the markings of the Haragiri, the red hair and green eyes, and she certainly looked like she came from royalty, though how exiled royals could posses such clothing was beyond him. "It might not be on a map, miss. It be a tiny village..." He lied, knowing full well that Duraria was the largest city in the area, at least it became so in the last two hundred years, a time long after the Haragiri had fled the country to this remote, semi-claimed land. "It be approaching nightfall, and there be a storm tonight...Do ye know where a rest post is along this road?" He asked absently.
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

A new Day Dawns Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new Day Dawns   A new Day Dawns I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2014 1:58 am

"I'm sorry, I don't see it on here. My father drew this map himself, perhaps he simply missed it in his travels," she said, shrugging slightly after looking the map over again. Chances were, it wasn't on the trading route. That's the only reasoning she could come up with. Why put a tiny village on a map that was only used for her family anyway? It wouldn't make sense. She folded it up and tucked it back into her cloak carefully, then nodded and looked back up here.

"The next town is only a few hours walk from here. It should be attainable before it's dark out. That's where I'm headed, too. Would you like to walk together?" she offered, not wanting to admit even to herself that walking down this road alone was rather creepy.
Back to top Go down
Rokku Hizori
Head Diplomat
Head Diplomat
Rokku Hizori

A new Day Dawns Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new Day Dawns   A new Day Dawns I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2014 2:15 am

Well, then the girl wasn't completely clueless, at least. True, there was a town a few hours away, but it wasn't very...friendly at the moment. Something about being part of an occupational army tended to make the locals angry. "Oi, ye best be steerin clear of Jaagia, there be a sickness taking there something fierce." He said, hoping that the girl would have no knowledge to the contrary. He wanted the chance to talk to the girl, yes, but preferably in a place where he didn't run the risk of being murdered for looking too much like an Agasarian.
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

A new Day Dawns Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new Day Dawns   A new Day Dawns I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2014 2:21 am

The girl frowned. Sickness? That would be dangerous, not to mention inconvenient. She couldn't afford to be slowed down by some unknown illness. Her mother would be on her in a heartbeat, telling her all about how the outside world was filled with evil things. Of course, she would immediately follow up that lecture with one on how she was being punished for leaving her family and daring to strike out on her own for a life of adventure instead of staying put. She could almost hear the nagging now..

"Hm.." she mused, thinking. She had the map nearly memorized. There was a trail that connected this road to another that swung far North of here. It didn't come closer to home, but didn't get any further away for several miles either. Her cousins had mentioned a cabin there, a place to stop and let the horses rest when the elders went out to trade. It was the only thing close enough to reach by dark, and she was determined not to curl up in a snowbank tonight.

"This way," she finally said, going forward a bit more before finding the trail and heading down between the trees on it.
Back to top Go down
Rokku Hizori
Head Diplomat
Head Diplomat
Rokku Hizori

A new Day Dawns Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new Day Dawns   A new Day Dawns I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2014 2:30 am

Lon inwardly sighed with relief, he wouldn't have to explain to the girl why the townspeople wanted to stick pitchforks into him. That made his job easier, if only slightly. He followed the girl, close enough to be known to be there, but not close enough to make her uncomfortable. Being part of the Lunar Corp was all about finding just the right position, something drilled into him by his commander and that he in turn drilled into his men. The chinking of his armor was silenced, and though his face was easily visible, if the girl tried, it was too cold and getting too dark to try and force a stranger to take off their hood. "As long as ye know the way, miss. I have food and wood to share."
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

A new Day Dawns Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new Day Dawns   A new Day Dawns I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2014 2:36 am

Wood. She hadn't thought of that, as she assumed she'd be in towns the entire time. Well, perhaps the cabin had some too. She'd hope for that. In the meantime, she kept careful track of the trail until the emerged a mile later on the other road. She stepped out onto it and glanced in both directions. Nothing moved. She relaxed slowly. At least her family wasn't on the hunt yet - or, if they were, they had gone the wrong way.

"We aren't far now. An hour at most, I think," she estimated, hoping her cousins weren't just messing with her.
Back to top Go down
Rokku Hizori
Head Diplomat
Head Diplomat
Rokku Hizori

A new Day Dawns Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new Day Dawns   A new Day Dawns I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2014 2:40 am

Lon pulled his cloak tighter, partially for show, mostly because the wind was beginning to pick up as the light began to fade away. He glanced around to see a few snowflakes falling here and there, and prayed that there was something where the girl was leading him. If nothing else, he knew how to build a makeshift shelter, and there were plenty of trees, but anything he could produce would likely still be very miserable, especially compared to the inn he had just forfeited in the other town. "Oi lass, the storm be startin. I hope you're taking us to a place with walls." He said, slipping slightly at the last sentence, going into a Tarvannan of a completely different caste.
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

A new Day Dawns Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new Day Dawns   A new Day Dawns I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2014 2:49 am

Nodding slightly, the girl started to respond, then paused. Wait. It was as though she had just heard two people speaking instead of one. She frowned a little in confusion and glanced back at him. That was bizarre. Had he been speaking like that the whole time? No, of course not. Something was off.. She wanted to question him about it, but the snow was picking up and it was getting steadily darker outside. Maybe she was over-reacting and he was just picking up on how she was speaking.. Or maybe not. Either way, now wasn't the time to ask. She was belatedly realizing the danger of allowing a stranger to accompany her in the middle of the woods alone, to a shelter that may or may not even exist.

Uh oh..

She ignored the feeling of foreboding and shook her head slightly, focusing on the task at hand as she turned back away from the stranger. Shelter. That was what mattered. She headed down the winding road, looking upward often to keep track of the light and the strength of the storm. The wind was picking up quickly, but she was certain they could find the cabin before it became a whiteout.
Back to top Go down
Rokku Hizori
Head Diplomat
Head Diplomat
Rokku Hizori

A new Day Dawns Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new Day Dawns   A new Day Dawns I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2014 2:43 pm

Lon cursed his tongue, and continued following the girl, acutely aware that she was more than aware of his oddities. Fortunately, she seemed to abandon her suspicions for the moment, and continue on. The swirling wind and the snow was becoming more of a blizzard and less of a flurry, which was both good and bad. It hid them from potential followers, but it would kill them unless they had a proper shelter. Lon scanned the trees, seeing nothing, but always on his guard. He refused to be caught off guard, and the Crimson Talons of Tarvanna were a threat in their own right. "Well lass, the storm be on its way. Will we be makin our way to a shelter?" He asked, seamlessly back into the proper accent.
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

A new Day Dawns Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new Day Dawns   A new Day Dawns I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2014 3:16 pm

"It should be around here somewhe- Ah! There it is!" she said, gesturing ahead. Sure enough, they were just coming into view of a dim building outline. It wasn't very large, but enough for two people, certainly. What made her stop was not the size, however. There was firelight coming from the small window. She hesitated, then moved closer until she saw the horse standing under a tree next to the building. The telltale white streak down the snout made her heart sink. It was her cousin. How was she going to deal with this..? She frowned and turned back to the stranger behind her. "I can't go in there."
Back to top Go down
Rokku Hizori
Head Diplomat
Head Diplomat
Rokku Hizori

A new Day Dawns Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new Day Dawns   A new Day Dawns I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 12:41 am

Lon looked at the girl, and then at the cabin that was beyond inviting at this point, especially due to the fact that there was already a nice, warm fire burning in there. However, the self preservation quickly set in. The horse meant it was only one person, and one person he could take. Depending, of course, on who it was and whether violence would actually be needed or not. "Oi, why not? If we be givin em some food they be lettin us join their fire! Unless ye be thinkin they be dangerous?"
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

A new Day Dawns Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new Day Dawns   A new Day Dawns I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 12:44 am

"He's not dangerous, he's a tattletale.." she muttered, frowning. She couldn't very well stay out here all night. The storm was still getting worse. Her companion could easily go in and make friends, but there was no hiding who she was. But maybe.. "I have an idea. Stay out here for just a minute, out of sight. I'll be right back," she said, scrambling over to the cabin and opening the door without bothering to knock. She wasn't in the mood for manners.
Back to top Go down
Rokku Hizori
Head Diplomat
Head Diplomat
Rokku Hizori

A new Day Dawns Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new Day Dawns   A new Day Dawns I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 12:51 am

Lon raised a brow at the girls comment, and then watched her move straight toward the cabin, and force the door open. Curiosity peaked, Lon made his way closer so that he could see and hear clearly what was happening. The girl was...odd, to say the least, but very entertaining, and Lon was eager to see what she was going to do to the individual he could only assume was a random stranger.
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

A new Day Dawns Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new Day Dawns   A new Day Dawns I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 12:56 am

"Keladry!" the boy inside squealed, quickly grabbing a blanket. Well, this was a lot better than she expected. She didn't even have to think of an excuse now. Smirking, she crossed her arms and eyed the teenager, who was struggling to cover both himself and the girl cowering next to him. One of his other cousins - not that they had a lot of options at this point. At least they weren't first cousins.. she didn't think. They were both beet red in the face, their hair a tousled mess.

"Your mother sent me to find you," she lied, a bit of a grin on her face. "You're lucky I lied for you and said you were out hunting on your own. She won't whip you nearly as hard!"

"She knows I'm gone?!" he wailed, struggling to pull on clothes.

"Oh, yes. Mother knows too. They're both very disappointed in both of you.. I think you'd better hurry, or they'll probably lock you up for a month!" Keladry pointed out. The pair didn't waste any time, running out the door as soon as they were dressed and quickly mounting the horse to get back home.
Back to top Go down
Rokku Hizori
Head Diplomat
Head Diplomat
Rokku Hizori

A new Day Dawns Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new Day Dawns   A new Day Dawns I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 1:11 am

The situation was amusing, to say the least. Clearly, the girl and the boy were related in some way, and the reddish hair only cemented the case, though it didn't resemble the Haragiri traits he was searching for. What did strike him as odd, however, was the strict demand that these young adults stay near wherever they were from. Anywhere else in the world, they'd be in school or taking part in apprenticeships, but apparently here they were expected to stay, listen, and obey...Lon smiled inwardly, knowing that his job just became a thousand times easier. He nodded his head to the beat-faced teenagers that left, and entered the warmth of the cabin with a raptured sigh. "Hukas koa snu Jhan..." He said quickly, barely audible, in Agasarian. He then quickly moved back into Tarvannan without missing a beat. "So lass, where be this cabin along the road? I no be wantin to run into bandits or the like." He said, sitting down and removing his satchel of food, dividing dried meat, cheese, and hard bread between the two of them.
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

A new Day Dawns Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new Day Dawns   A new Day Dawns I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 1:16 am

Once she was absolutely certain her cousins were off out of sight, Keladry closed the door and shook the snow off her cloak. She went and sat near the fire, setting her cloak aside and opening her bag. Her food supplies were similar to his, but she did contribute a nice, fresh bread that was much softer than his. She easily split that with him, then added some fresh chicken and cookies. Not super practical for traveling food, but she had been in a hurry.. and hungry.

"There are no bandits around here," she said, pulling the map out and spreading it on the floor. "The closest main road is a ways off, and there isn't anything in these woods worth finding."
Back to top Go down
Rokku Hizori
Head Diplomat
Head Diplomat
Rokku Hizori

A new Day Dawns Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new Day Dawns   A new Day Dawns I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 1:21 am

The food that came out of the girl's bag either meant one of two things: One, she had no idea how to travel, or two: she did not expect to be between towns for very long. Either way, the fresh rations were a nice treat. "Thank ye lass." He said, And took a large bite of the fresh chicken. He kept his cloak on as the girl took hers off, hoping she wouldn't think anything of he. He did, however, remove hid hood to reveal a chiseled and handsome face, if one beginning to receive a touch of age. "I be Lon, by the by." He said absently, then listened to her mention the woods being devoid of anything important. "I hear stories of a hidden village, lass. There must be somthin in these woods."
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

A new Day Dawns Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new Day Dawns   A new Day Dawns I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 1:25 am

"I'm Keladry," she said with a bit of a smile as she munched, then she paused. Thankfully she didn't choke, but he did catch her off-guard. She swallowed the cheese and tilted her head at him, her expression amused but cautious. "A hidden village? Out here? That's nothing but a myth. How could you hide an entire village with all of these trails and roads around?" she pointed out logically. Where was he from to have heard that..?
Back to top Go down
Rokku Hizori
Head Diplomat
Head Diplomat
Rokku Hizori

A new Day Dawns Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new Day Dawns   A new Day Dawns I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 1:33 am

Keladry clearly knew exactly what he was talking about, and more specifically, exactly where this village was. The question, however, was simple. Did he even need to find it now that he had met this girl? She was exactly what he needed, a Haragiri, more specifically, a Haragiri with the traits considered only belonging to that specific family. "Aye, that be the rumor lass. It be possible, the deep woods have a way o' hidin things. And the Haragiri be needin to keep hidden." He said, waiting for her next reaction.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A new Day Dawns Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new Day Dawns   A new Day Dawns I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A new Day Dawns
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Agasaria :: Roleplay :: Fantasy Roleplays-
Jump to: