Agasaria
Welcome back!

If you're new and registering today, don't forget to post an intro thread in our Hello, Sunshine category so we can all say hello! Thanks!
Agasaria
Welcome back!

If you're new and registering today, don't forget to post an intro thread in our Hello, Sunshine category so we can all say hello! Thanks!
Agasaria
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Agasaria

A writing site for newbies and veterans alike - we welcome open roleplaying with any genre and skill level welcome, as well as writers of short stories, creative pieces, poetry, workshops, and more!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2013 10:35 pm

Amalie nodded a little in understanding. It made sense if she related a Jarl to a Duke. There was a Duke for each area of land, and all of the neighboring ones met together to discuss things and trade news. It was odd how close that was to what she knew of the more 'civilized' world. Every time she learned something new with Einar, it seemed that she kept thinking how they were not so different after all. She glanced at a few people as they were leaving, catching a few smiles and one nasty look. Well, she didn't expected everybody to like her. The fact that anybody did was actually unexpected and cheering.

"Thank yo-" she began, squealing in surprise as he patted her rear end. She immediately blushed, unsure about the contact. Was it casual here? Strange! Not entirely welcome, either. She got up anyway to let him up as he mentioned changing, then nodded a little. A tour sounded nice. "Who cleans up the mess in here when we leave..?"
Back to top Go down
https://agasaria.rpg-board.net
Cromag410
Cromag410

PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 12:44 am

Einar noted the faces of disapproval as well as approval. He wished everyone could he happy, but as was many things, nothing was perfect. Either he pleases a minority or the masses, and so far he was doing just fine. The pat to the butt was clearly for her to get up. Einar stood and finished his mead, walking towards his room. "Servants and cooks, tis their only jobs. To clean and maintain whilst cooking and preparing both meals and rations." Einar said as he walked through his double doors. They closed till they were hardly open.

Einar removed his breeches and looked over himself. Grumbling as he grabbed a light colores tunic, breeches, and then walked to his wardrobe. Grabbing a mild blue long sleeved shirt, then a golden vest with a brown jacket. All made of thick material, and exquisitely made. His pants were a simple pair of brown silk breeches that shimmered slightly. Lastly a pair of well made bear hide and wolf fur lined boots. As he stepped out of his bedroom he ceased to look like a warrior or a shirtless vagabond, and now more of a lord or prince. His features were handsome, if not a bit rough, and his clothes accented it.
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 9:03 am

Amalie nodded in understanding and walked off the platform with him, stopping a few feet away from his doors to wait for him to change. She soon noticed, however, that the door was not completely closed. Glancing around absently to be sure she wasn't caught, she tiptoed closer and peeked in curiously. All she saw was that he was walking around with no breeches or top on. She blushed horribly deeply and silently crept back to where she was, fidgeting until the blush faded. Oh goodness..

"You look very nice," she said with a smile when he came out, her blush threatening to return but thankfully staying away. It was odd to see him in such things, but it made an incredible difference if she was only judging him on his looks.
Back to top Go down
Cromag410
Cromag410

PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 19, 2013 5:43 pm

Einar's form was built from his years of fighting and training. Even with his diet no fat ever seemed to stay on his body. He could feel eyes upon him, but he didn't turn around nor care. Viking culture was quite open and almost everyone knew everyone. Strong form moved about nimbly like a panther, but strength rippled through him like a tiger.

Grumbling as he pulled on his clothes to make them fit just right. Looking down at Amalie with a smirk he reached forward and rubbed both her shoulders. "You look very much like a Valkyrie. A warrior angel as beautiful as she is a brimming example of strength." Smirk given as he looks at her before pushing her softly. "Let us take a walk Amalie." Einar spoke as he made his way to the front doors of the hall.
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 19, 2013 7:29 pm

"Really?" she asked in surprise. "My father used to tell me that Valkyries were not angels, but rather another name for harpies. He said that they were wicked, ugly women with claws and fangs and they would lure men to their deaths, devouring them whole. I like your version much better," she assured him with a smile, turning and walking with him. She took his hand in hers automatically this time, simply assuming that he would want that since they had done it before. "Where are we going first?"
Back to top Go down
Cromag410
Cromag410

PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 20, 2013 12:20 pm

Einar grumbled and shook his head at her words. "Harpies are a Grecian creation, used by Hades to catch evil souls and wicked men. Valkyries are beautiful battle maidens with large white wings, full-plate armor, and broadswords. They come down to collect the souls of the dead warriors who fall in battle to go to Valhalla." Smirk given as he squeezed her hand softly. "Lets go meet Halldor." Einar pulled her towards the double doors of the long house.
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 9:29 am

"Alright," Amalie agreed with a smile, following his guidance. As they stepped outside, she couldn't help but smile more. Things here were just so much different than her home, but in a good way. There were no prim and proper ladies strutting around showing off the latest fashions in their dress or shoes or bags. No gentlemen strolled by, bowing to the ladies and offering them an arm to walk with just so that they could appear to have a chance with a pretty creature. There were no pretensions here that she could see yet, and nobody seemed miserable. Perhaps she would think otherwise in time, but for now, she was delighted.
Back to top Go down
Cromag410
Cromag410

PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2013 9:55 pm

Einar smiled as he pulled her along. Amalie in tow behind the large Viking Jarl, though walking of his own free will. Einar waved as they walked past kids playing in dirt, in wrestling rings, and generally running around. They walked to the southwestern side of the. Long house, a large group of preteens and adults practicing in heavy armor with heavy shields and heavy wooden weapons. Einar walked by them towards a corral with a large....red....shape? The closet one got, one would realize that it was a....horse?
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 09, 2013 11:04 am

Amalie followed Einar's lead, walking at his side but slightly behind since she kept getting distracted by looking around and couldn't properly keep up every moment. She watched the children, fascinated by how they were running and wrestling with each other. Such a display back home would not only be frowned upon, but it would probably send most of the prim and proper ladies into fits of shock and anxiety. Dirty children playing around outside? For fun? It was a rare idea! She loved it, though, and she smiled as they passed another group that was practicing with weapons. That sort of thing was practical, she knew, but it kind of looked like fun. She turned her attention away as they went by, blinking as she saw a corral.

"What in the world is that?" she asked in surprise, tilting her head. It seemed to be a horse, maybe? But it was so large! And she had never seen a red horse before.. How confusing!
Back to top Go down
Cromag410
Cromag410

PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 24, 2013 2:21 am

Einar smiled as he moved towards the corral. Broad shoulders nearly blocking out the scenery and the sky when she moved around him. Very solidly built, though with a lean basketball player's-like built. Tall form over seven feet in height, heads and shoulders above the other people in the village. Simple trousers, moose hide boots, and a simple tunic adorned his body. Einar's large hand wrapped around Amalie's and lead her towards the corral.

As they got closer it was defining itself into the shape of a giant red Clydesdale horse. Roughly ten or so feet in height, and about as wide and long as a carriage. Large rippling muscles tapering into large white furred hooved feet. Large horse trotted around the corral, tossing it's head and kicking up dirt as it moved around. Rumbling the ground as it passed by as the great creature trotted about gracefully and fluidly. "This....is Halldor!" Einar said loudly, smiling as the horse stopped before him and leaned down to press it's nose into Einar's chest.
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 4:20 pm

Amalie stepped back instinctively when the horse approached, feeling rather uneasy. Sure, it was beautiful, but it was also massive! Nobody at home had a horse this large, and she didn't really take well to the idea of being accidentally stepped on. Yet, Einar was dealing with it rather well. She watched him, taking note of how the horse - Halldor, apparently - was so fond of him. Clearly they had been together a while. That didn't really make her want to move any closer, but it did make her smile. She stayed a few feet back, simply observing.

"A beautiful horse."
Back to top Go down
Cromag410
Cromag410

PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 4:27 pm

Einar smiled as he reached up and pet the massive neck of the horse. There were many bulls that were envious of Halldor's immense size. Chuckling as the horse dipped his head down and Einar simply hugged the large creature around the neck. "Yeah, Halldor an' I haf' been togedder since I wus about fourteen. Since den I wus using vone of my fodder's horses, but ven I see dis runt horse being teased by de udder horses, I couldn't handle it. Halldor started as a runt, but he grew into dis beautiful stallion." Smirk given as he pet the coat of Halldor. Looking over to Amalie he smile and walked over to her, scooping her up before returning to Halldor.

Setting her down he grabbed her hand and placed it on Halldor's neck, above the jugular. It would feel ten times more intense than feeling your own. As if every strong beat of Halldor's heart was pumping pure power to the rest of his body. "He's quite frien'ly." Smile given as he moved Amalie's hand to pet Halldor.
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 4:34 pm

"Um..!" Amalie squealed as she was picked up. She blinked and stared at Halldor, who was now quite close once Einar set her down. Oh dear. She swallowed hard and tensed, but didn't pull away when Einar moved her hand to touch the massive creature. Her fingers shifted a bit with the pulsing heartbeat, and she started to relax a little as she pet him. Maybe this wasn't so bad. She hadn't been eaten yet, so that was a definite bonus..
Back to top Go down
Cromag410
Cromag410

PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 4:39 pm

Smiles as she squeals and tenses up, but brightens more when she relaxes. "Halldor had a bit of a tempur ven I got heem, but he hass settled down." Smile given as he releases Amalie's hand, stepping behind her and wrapping his arms around her waist. Tall viking dwarfing the tiny German Duke's daughter. Halldor dwarfing them both, Einar's strong muscles could be felt even through the thickness of their clothing. The warmth of Einar and Halldor would make anyone forget that they are within the northlands of Denmark.
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 4:48 pm

Amalie barely noticed when Einar's hand quit guiding hers along to pet the beautiful horse. He really was an impressive stallion, for more than just sheer size. The muscle tone and training was obvious, and the color simply stunning. She smiled and kept right on petting him, enjoying the warm feel under her slender fingers. In a way, he reminded her of the pretty little mare that she had at home. She would probably never see the poor thing again, but she had loved her so. Halldor was easily twice the size of the mare, but he was just as calm. Amalie smiled more and leaned back instinctively against Einar, relaxed as she nearly forgot about the whole situation between them.
Back to top Go down
Cromag410
Cromag410

PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 4:56 pm

Smile was on his face as he saw her simply petting Halldor. Halldor's coat was as black as night, with the typical furred hooves of a Clydesdale breed, though it was clear he wasn't a purebred. Einar kept his left arm around her, as his right reached up to brush his fingers through Amalie's hair. Enjoying her leaning against him, smiling as it was clearly obvious that even being kidnapped was better than captivity. "Amalie, I take it you're enjoying it here." Smile given as he leaned down to kiss the top of her head. "I'm glad, I know you'll make a fine Jarless." Chuckle given as his hand reached down and right finger pressed against the flesh under her left collarbone. "You have a big heart, and a capacity of love and kindness that was doing nothing but rotting before I came." Right hand returned to stroking her hair. "I do apologize for the pain and anger and hatred you must feel.....but a free'd dove is better than a tortured and captive one." Einar's accent was getting easier to understand and get used to.
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 5:21 pm

Amalie considered what he said, then paused in her gentle petting and turned to face him. Just as she had to look up at Halldor, so to did she have to look up at Einar. She always forgot how tall he was - it was amusing, especially in comparison to herself. It was not the first time that he had compared her to a dove, but it was the first time that she didn't get upset immediately when he referred to them getting married. Yes, she knew it might not happen. He had sworn that she had thirty days to make her choice, and he even offered to go back home with her and be slaughtered. But.. she didn't want that to happen.

"Thank you, Einar," she said simply, her voice quiet as she gave him a smile.
Back to top Go down
Cromag410
Cromag410

PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 5:29 pm

Einar smiled as he watched her turn around and face him. Her voice almost muffled by the busy sounds of the town and the occasional gust of wind blowing through the cold north. A broad smile was on his face as he heard her thanks. "All is well, how about I treat you to a little special treat." Leaning in he would brush his bearded cheek against her bare own before whispering. "Weapons and Fight training?" Chuckle given as he stood up. "How about it? That way nobody can pick on ya, and you can stand and be your own woman with your bare fists, a table leg, or a sword?" Smirk given as he pointed to the training fields. A combination of young men and women being trained by big gruff instructors.
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 5:32 pm

"Training?" she repeated in disbelief, following his gesture with her eyes to see the fields where people were beating each other up for fun. Oh dear! As much as she thought it looked fun earlier to watch the children sparring about with each other, she really doubted it was something she should try. She had never even used a weapon, not counting the fire poker she had used when she was pulled out from her hiding place the night she met Einar. "I don't know.. Are you sure that's a good idea..?" she asked doubtfully.
Back to top Go down
Cromag410
Cromag410

PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 5:40 pm

Shrug was given to her question. "That's for you to decide, not me." Smirk given as he looked over at the children and teens being taught by gruff, dutiful, and watchful trainers. Correcting slips and stopping at correct times. "A weapon, a fist, a technique is as unique to a person as their finger print. Though violence used to hurt and fulfill one's own means is merely violence, but when used for other people's safety, and the safety of those closest, it's true fighting." Smirk given as he looked at her. "We don't raid, pillage and kill for the fun, and sure our religion has an emphasis on dying in battle, though murderers, rapists, and abusive people are punished without hesitation."
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 5:42 pm

Amalie thought on that for a few minutes, continuing to watch the people being trained. Hm.. Her father would start laying eggs if he ever saw her with a weapon in her hands. That thought alone decided her. He hadn't lifted a finger in protest when she left, and she had no desire to do what he thought was right any longer.

"I'll do it, if you do it with me."
Back to top Go down
Cromag410
Cromag410

PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 6:06 pm

Einar smiled as he looked at her, chuckling at the conviction in which she held to this idea. "Do it with you? Why I'll be training you!" Loud chuckle given as he walked her to the training field.

With it being so late in Autumn when they brought her here, the grass was green and lush, being the only plant that will grow and survive until it's too late. The tree's leaves were turning orange, reddish, and brown, falling to the ground. Evergreens that were around like Pine, and Firs held onto their color very vigorously. There was a dirt track around a field roughly a mile in diameter, and various areas for weight training, sparring, wrestling, archery, and throwing training. Einar smiled as he pointed to the wooden weapons, shields, and armors, "Pick." Was the mere word he uttered.

There were a vast array of wooden weapons, big two handed axes, swords, and hammers, spears, one handed clubs, swords, axes, and the short swords and daggers. Training metal armor, leather, and padded armor, along with various sized shields. Bows and Arrows, throwing axes, daggers, and javelins were there as well.
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 6:12 pm

"Training me?" she repeated in surprise, walking along with him. She took a good look around at everything, then turned to see the spread of weapons. Oh dear. How was she supposed to choose? She released Einar's hand and stepped closer, examining the weapons. Some she dismissed immediately because they looked way too big and she didn't want to drop anything. Daggers seemed quite small, what good was that? She tilted her head, unsure, and finally picked up a wooden sword that wasn't so long that it made her feel like she was handling a tree branch.
Back to top Go down
Cromag410
Cromag410

PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 6:19 pm

Einar smiled and grabbed a similar sword, this one was imitating a broadsword so the blade was a bit shorter, rounded at the end, and the flat was broader than most. "Good, now, defense? Will you wear no armor and no shield? Or perhaps leather and a buckler? Or perhaps chainmail and a round shield?" Question was asked as he looked at her. Sizing her up and trying to determine center of gravity, strengths, weaknesses, body mass and the like.
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 6:22 pm

"You do realize that I have as much experience with all of this as you probably do with wearing a dress and calling yourself Eliza, right?" Amalie pointed out, shaking her head a little and picking some leather that seemed roughly her size.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 6 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter
Page 6 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Agasaria :: Roleplay :: Romance Roleplays :: One-on-One Romance Roleplays-
Jump to: